Thread: 2018 Arrowrock Reservior Kokanee Fishing Report

Hybrid View

Default 2018 Arrowrock Reservior Kokanee Fishing Report

Lets hope that with normal snow and rain levels Arrowrock will be a little more productive this year.
    17 ft. red/white Crestliner
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

I saw a post on facebook by kokabo tackle, and they were out last weekend. They didn't say how many, but did say they did good on the kokes and trout. I'm headed up tomorrow to test out my new downrigger set up.
    22' Custom Jet boat, Blue with American Flag waving. Blue GMC draggin'

Alan said he would be trying to get a report out every week, so keep an eye on his website.

He said they didn't get limits but caught a ton of trout and a couple Kokanee per rod, big fat footballs.

You'll probably see him out there tomorrow. I'm planning on being out there in the morning in a 16' Lowe duck boat. Feel free to flip me off if you see me.

Quote Originally Posted by tramos View Post
    Alan said he would be trying to get a report out every week, so keep an eye on his website.

He said they didn't get limits but caught a ton of trout and a couple Kokanee per rod, big fat footballs.

You'll probably see him out there tomorrow. I'm planning on being out there in the morning in a 16' Lowe duck boat. Feel free to flip me off if you see me.
    will do, we will be in a 23' blue enclosed jet boat. Hows the water level? is the regular launch in the water? Boat is a little big to launch in the sand, or at the super low water launch

He said the launch was good and the water level was nearly full pool.

Got my 6 and off the water early today.

Lots of debris floating around

Default information

anyfishanytime,

You might want to keep in mind that we are fishermen. Some of what we say might actually be true!?!?!? Are all fishermen liars or are all liars fishermen? Speaking only for myself, of course.

Anyway, many of us are willing to share, especially one on one. It can sometimes be frustrating to find a really hot spot one day, mention it on line, and return another day, only to find the area overcrowded with too many other boats for anyone to be able to fish comfortably. The flip side, the more successful fisherman we have, the more support there is for our Fish and Game people and the work they do on our behalf.

My usual preference is to give enough info to help someone get started, but not necessarily all the details. Conditions change and kokanee can be fickle. Part of the fun and challenge is figuring out how to win on any particular day. I do like helping others learn to enjoy some of the advantages we have here in Idaho.

When I fish Arrowrock, I usually fish opposite the boat ramps, in the confluence area, or in Nibbler Ck bay. Kokanee move a lot, so it helps to know about several areas that may be productive.

I hope we can find a time to get together.

Physion
    Last edited by Physion; 02-14-2018 at 08:08 PM.

Default personal message

Hi, anyfishanytime,

I sent you a personal message a day or two ago. You can look at the very top of the sign in page for notifications. I asked you a couple questions you may not want to put on the general forum.

I asked where you live and suggested the possibility we might be able to find a date we can fish together. I am an old fashioned fisherman--I long line most of the time with older style lures. I have fish in the freezer and that's good enough for me. I am gradually learning how to use some of the more recent additions to our kokanee arsenal. One of these days I might even get proficient with a downrigger!!!

If you want to contact me directly, click on "Physion" at the top of this entry and send me a personal message. I try to check it at least once a day. You can also look at my personal profile on line. You might want to fish with a partner who is more up to date, but I'm willing to share what I do to catch a few fish.

Default Road

How is the road in? Last time I went it was full of potholes.

Physion

I was there yesterday and it must have been graded recently because there weren't any potholes or washboards. Didn't catch any kokanee.

Default Arrow Rock 6/2/2018

Hasn't been much chatter on here about Arrow Rock so decided to go check it out for myself this morning after fishing Anderson last weekend. I was surprised to see the parking lot full at boat ramp and plenty of boats out fishing. Wasn't great fishing, ended up with 2 decent kokes (17" and 18") and released a little guy, of course had a few squaw fish and 2 small rainbows. Didn't see much action on other boats and the few fisherman I talked to hadn't caught kokes. Not sure why Arrow Rock has been so poor past couple years, should have fished Anderson instead.

Reaper
    2016 black and silver Lund Tyee with 150 hp Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by GrimReaper View Post
    Hasn't been much chatter on here about Arrow Rock so decided to go check it out for myself this morning after fishing Anderson last weekend. I was surprised to see the parking lot full at boat ramp and plenty of boats out fishing. Wasn't great fishing, ended up with 2 decent kokes (17" and 18") and released a little guy, of course had a few squaw fish and 2 small rainbows. Didn't see much action on other boats and the few fisherman I talked to hadn't caught kokes. Not sure why Arrow Rock has been so poor past couple years, should have fished Anderson instead.

Reaper
    for real. Wish it would go back to the way it was 3-4 years ago. We used to go there and expect 1-2 limits without question. Fish and game need to get involved, because there is obviously a problem