Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Arrowrock Reservior Kokanee Fishing Report

Default 2018 Arrowrock Reservior Kokanee Fishing Report

Lets hope that with normal snow and rain levels Arrowrock will be a little more productive this year.
    17 ft. red/white Crestliner
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

I saw a post on facebook by kokabo tackle, and they were out last weekend. They didn't say how many, but did say they did good on the kokes and trout. I'm headed up tomorrow to test out my new downrigger set up.
    22' Custom Jet boat, Blue with American Flag waving. Blue GMC draggin'

Alan said he would be trying to get a report out every week, so keep an eye on his website.

He said they didn't get limits but caught a ton of trout and a couple Kokanee per rod, big fat footballs.

You'll probably see him out there tomorrow. I'm planning on being out there in the morning in a 16' Lowe duck boat. Feel free to flip me off if you see me.

Quote Originally Posted by tramos View Post
    Alan said he would be trying to get a report out every week, so keep an eye on his website.

He said they didn't get limits but caught a ton of trout and a couple Kokanee per rod, big fat footballs.

You'll probably see him out there tomorrow. I'm planning on being out there in the morning in a 16' Lowe duck boat. Feel free to flip me off if you see me.
    will do, we will be in a 23' blue enclosed jet boat. Hows the water level? is the regular launch in the water? Boat is a little big to launch in the sand, or at the super low water launch

He said the launch was good and the water level was nearly full pool.

Got my 6 and off the water early today.

Lots of debris floating around

Default Thursday 1/18

I was out Thursday afternoon and it was very slow until 3:30, then hit a few 12-14" trout and a fat 15" koke. It made freezing my ass off for several hours all worth it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7798.jpg 
Views:	309 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	9310  

slow day sunday. fished from 10 to 2 and landed 4 total. fished every color I got at 10, 15, 20, and 25

Tried to fish Arrowrock this morning but the road was snow covered most of the way to where the dirt road begins. Figured that the ramp also had snow and ice on it.....so we turned around and headed to Lucky Peak. The wind was kicking around quite a bit at Turner so we did the next reasonable thing....We headed to IHOP....

Will try again in a week or so.

Pauli

Quote Originally Posted by Pauli View Post
    Tried to fish Arrowrock this morning but the road was snow covered most of the way to where the dirt road begins. Figured that the ramp also had snow and ice on it.....so we turned around and headed to Lucky Peak. The wind was kicking around quite a bit at Turner so we did the next reasonable thing....We headed to IHOP....

Will try again in a week or so.

Pauli
    Good to know. Was thinking of loading up right now and head up, but I doubt I'd make it with a 8000 pound boat

Smile new to forum my name is Greg.

the middle fork road was graded this morning. 1/30/18

Quote Originally Posted by Kokanee Hunter View Post
    welcome :) it was pretty nice last weekend. I think its more of smoothed out from the rain storms we have been having and people driving on it every day. They will grade it for real in the spring. Its a nice change compared to previous years, at this time of year. typically you have to drive 5-10 mph with a boat

Default Middle fork rd.

I followed the blade up this morning then got around him below the dam. They graded way up past the boat ramp.

Default 1 hit 1 Kok.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokanee Hunter View Post
    Welcome to KFF.
    Fished Arrowrock yesterday (1st fishing trip this year) from 10:30AM ~ 2:30PM. There were 4 boats on the lake. Fishing was slow, I caught a 16" kok. at 20' DR. Other boat caught few trout and other fishermen on different caught 1 Kok. Saw the other boat fishing across the boat ramp, wonder if he get any luck. The reservoir is almost full, water temp 38 deg.F few debris by Cottonwood camping area.
    '92 Gray/Red Crestliner 130HP I/O Mercruiser, 9.9HP Honda kicker

Quote Originally Posted by fish4kok View Post
    Welcome to KFF.
    Fished Arrowrock yesterday (1st fishing trip this year) from 10:30AM ~ 2:30PM. There were 4 boats on the lake. Fishing was slow, I caught a 16" kok. at 20' DR. Other boat caught few trout and other fishermen on different caught 1 Kok. Saw the other boat fishing across the boat ramp, wonder if he get any luck. The reservoir is almost full, water temp 38 deg.F few debris by Cottonwood camping area.
    I have heard from several people that the best times up there are in between sunup and 11 so you might have just missed them I'm headed up tomorrow at around 7 a.m. I'll make sure I put a report on here for the early morning bite

Default Good Luck Terek

Quote Originally Posted by terek View Post
    I have heard from several people that the best times up there are in between sunup and 11 so you might have just missed them I'm headed up tomorrow at around 7 a.m. I'll make sure I put a report on here for the early morning bite
    Good luck Terek! I wonder if the "super blue blood moon" effect to their action? Don't let the drift woods get into your jet pump intake.
    '92 Gray/Red Crestliner 130HP I/O Mercruiser, 9.9HP Honda kicker

The Wife and I gave it a try this morning. Fished from 8:15 to 1:00 and got blanked. We only got 2 bites. Started out up near the middle fork and trolled all the way down to the dam. We marked an amazingly small number of fish. The two bites we did get were up against the shoreline across from the ramp. The wind started to kick up around 11:00 so it was a little chilly. Talked to two other boaters. One boat had one fish on (they were fishing 6 people) and the other one (two fishermen) were also blanked. At least the road was in good shape

Pauli

It sounds like I did pretty good today then. 6 kokes and 2 trout. Spent most of the time up by the south and middle fork. Fished from 730-230. Long day.

Default arrowrock 2-13-18

Fished arrowrock today for about 4 hours landed 1 Koke 13" and 2 trout. Just getting into Kokanee fishing and could definitely use some tips and advice anyone is willing to share. I mostly fish Arrowrock or Anderson with little success. Tried watching videos on youtube and read Alan from Kokabow Fishing Tackle Tips and Tricks article but still need help. Thanks

Welcome AnyFish...... Glad to have you aboard. Please try to share what you have been doing while out on the water....like the type of bait....Lure Color and type, depth fished and trolling speed. That really helps some of the others out, and they are way more likely to share their trade secrets with you. It's an ever changing dynamic. You don't want to be like some of the folks who frequent this site that are standing around with their hands out...contributing very little to the effort, but dig for as much information as they can get. Just read the past several posts and you will figure out who I'm talking about. There are even some folks that troll the site to get the latest info and offer only that they left the lake early with a limit.....and that is their contribution. Be honest about your trip and most of us will do the same.

Welcome

Pauli

Default Thanks Paul

Yesterday we caught our fish on a kokabow watermelon tail feather dodger with a brads Kokanee cut plug watermelon color tipped with pink shoe peg corn I mixed up. We varied our depths from 20-25 on the riggers but only picked up fish on our surface rods at 75-100 ft back. At the beginning of the day we had a variety of color combinations but changed all poles to what was getting hits. I’m definitely not a troll just looking for information I will share as much as I learn. I just don’t know a lot but I will share my success and my defeat in hopes of gaining more knowledge from guys like you. Thanks again for the reply and good fishing to all

Default Thanks Pauli not Paul

Dang auto correct changed pauli to paul.

Throwing daggers there Pauli. Nobody inquired about any of the gear. I'm an open book. I only run Kokabow, more than willing to share every detail about the trip.

Anyfish, all of the fish are in the top 10-15 feet right now. At Arrowrock I start with something green on one, and something pink on the other. I long line 70-90 pulls/feet back, then put the other on a downrigger about 40-50 pulls/feet back, then drop it to about 8ft. If I have someone with me I put two more rods out with the small dipsy divers to get them away from the boat, on each side of the boat, 20-30 pulls/ feet on those. I troll at 1.3-1.7mph.

I personally like to have about a 3 foot leader to separate the dipsy from the tackle, but I have a buddy who runs a snubber off of it and it works for him. They give the fish a little bit of an advantage, but it helps get your tackle spread out.

This way of fishing, will work fall-spring while the water and weather is cold.

That's my two cents. Let me know if you have any questions about how I do things. Everyone has their own way, and they all work for the most part.

Stay classy Pauli.

Default Thanks for the info tramos

No daggers need to be thrown just Dodgers 😉 i think my biggest problem is time on the water,I started fishing for kokes last spring because spring chinook numbers on the snake and salmon were so low and I got tired of combat fishing, and with numbers looking similar to last year I will definitely focus more of my time on Kokanee. I’m an open book as well just ask me and I’ll share. Plan on hitting up either arrowrock or Anderson Tuesday or Wednesday next week weather permitting. All I can say is what a difference a day makes, yesterday was beautiful on arrowrock and today would have been a different story.

Default Any info on what cycle or year of Kokanee

I’ve read that after yr 2 or 3 they return to creeks to spawn. Anyone have any insight on what year most of these fish will be in.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast