Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Anderson Ranch Reservior Kokanee Fishing Report

Default Pine Bridge

Any ideas when the bridge at pine is going to be open? Am planning a trip up May 1 for a few days. If the bridge is going to be closed might be best to come in from the dam side. Thanks for any updates.
    Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Papa1905 View Post
    Any ideas when the bridge at pine is going to be open? Am planning a trip up May 1 for a few days. If the bridge is going to be closed might be best to come in from the dam side. Thanks for any updates.
    Terry
    Was talking to a guy that lives up there. He said not until November.
    Old ('79) Chrysler tri-hull with Minn Kota bow mount and Penn manual downriggers.

My brother and his wife joined us camped and fished in Curlew from Wed (Apr.18 ~21). Fishing was slow...On Wed we caught 4 Kok and many Chinook that we released. Thurs. 4 kok. and about 5 Chinook. Friday was better with 17 Kok and released many Chinook.

Saturday was really slow. Fish from 9:00Am til 2:00PM 1Kok and 3 Chinook.
    Depth was varied from 10 ~ 30' on Friday, color pink or orange seem the best. The Kokanee caught on Sat. at 42' with DR.
    One fisherman meet us at the shore said he caught 28" Chinook that weight 8 lbs+. He just wonder what was the record size of Chinook that caught in Anderson?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Terek_3357.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	90.8 KB 
ID:	9376   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KokaneeJoe_3361.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	82.3 KB 
ID:	9377   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kingfisher_3343.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	9380   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	April-Kokanee-fishing_3360.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	9382  
    Last edited by fish4kok; 04-22-2018 at 10:39 PM. Reason: add photos
    '92 Gray/Red Crestliner 130HP I/O Mercruiser, 9.9HP Honda kicker

It's funny how the fishing can go from good to bad overnight. Friday everyone was having a good day. I talked to 2 guys with 38 for the day. We caught 14 and it seemed that most did better. Then Saturday... no one was doing too well.

Hey fish4kok, It was good seeing you again. Nice photo. If it's okay with you, I will copy it.

terek, I tried to catch you to say hi but it was not to be. Hope your next trip is better.
    Old ('79) Chrysler tri-hull with Minn Kota bow mount and Penn manual downriggers.

Quote Originally Posted by KokaneeJoe View Post
    It's funny how the fishing can go from good to bad overnight. Friday everyone was having a good day. I talked to 2 guys with 38 for the day. We caught 14 and it seemed that most did better. Then Saturday... no one was doing too well.

Hey fish4kok, It was good seeing you again. Nice photo. If it's okay with you, I will copy it.

terek, I tried to catch you to say hi but it was not to be. Hope your next trip is better.
    KokaneeJoe,
    You did good on Sat with 8 nice size Kokanee.

For the photo send me a PM (personal message) with your email address and I will send to you a higher resolution pictures.

Default pics

Cool pictures!! Wish I could get up there, especially with this nice weather!

Default Detour for bridge at Pine

We drove from the dam side to Pine Saturday Poppa and that is a long gravel road! The detour for the bridge is only a couple miles, and you’re back on the blacktop. Waaay better road.

Very surprised and interested to hear such poor reports. I was up there on Friday all day, and Saturday morning. Fished from about 8:00 till dark on Friday and got about 18 or so between 2 of us (4 rods). Then fished from Sun-up until about 10 or 11 on Saturday. We got 18 Saturday morning on 4 rods. Depth moved from about 12 feet at first light and got deeper as the morning wore on. Never got a fish deeper than about 30-35 feet though.

Got them on various dodgers with a pink or pink and white hoochie on 12 inch leader. 1.5 - 1.7 seemed the preferred speed.

Quote Originally Posted by hooknhunter View Post
    We got 18 Saturday morning on 4 rods.
    Wow! Very Impressed.
    Last edited by KokaneeJoe; 04-24-2018 at 08:46 AM.

Wow! Very Impressed.
    Thanks. My Friday numbers were definitely not impressive. I fished from about 8 AM until dark and only had 9 until that last hour or so. I caught as many in the last hour as I did all day.

Sounds like you did pretty well on Friday.

Surely we must've seen each other out there. I was in the 14 ft Livingston that says "MISS BELLE" on the sides. I guess it could've been fish4kok that said he was there on Friday. Must've seen some of you out there......
    Last edited by hooknhunter; 04-24-2018 at 11:56 AM.

Thanks. My Friday numbers were definitely not impressive. I fished from about 8 AM until dark and only had 9 until that last hour or so. I caught as many in the last hour as I did all day.

Sounds like you did pretty well on Friday.

Surely we must've seen each other out there. I was in the 14 ft Livingston that says "MISS BELLE" on the sides. I guess it could've been fish4kok that said he was there on Friday. Must've seen some of you out there......
    Hi hooknhunter,
    Surely we must've seen each other out there. My wife and I were the onlyone who camp in Curlew on Tuesday night. My brother and his wife arrived about 2:00AM in Wed. morning, they drove 900 miles from Southern California to join us. Fishing was slow while their stay except Friday, but we have fun and good time together.

On Friday I saw a similar Livingston boat fished between Curlew and Lime creek but only one fisherman so that's not you. I thought I saw the other boat with single windshield but I don't recall which day. Next time I'll wave if I see Miss Belle.
    Last edited by fish4kok; 04-25-2018 at 03:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fish4kok View Post
    Hi hooknhunter,
    Surely we must've seen each other out there. My wife and I were the onlyone who camp in Curlew on Tuesday night. My brother and his wife arrived about 2:00AM in Wed. morning, they drove 900 miles from Southern California to join us. Fishing was slow while their stay except Friday, but we have fun and good time together.

On Friday I saw a similar Livingston boat fished between Curlew and Lime creek but only one fisherman so that's not you. I thought I saw the other boat with single windshield but I don't recall which day. Next time I'll wave if I see Miss Belle.
    That was me. I was fishing solo until about the last 1-2 hours.

It was a slow day but we did manage to catch 8 kokanee. Trolling between Curlew and Lime Creek. Caught 3 in the morning at about 10 ft. then nothing until the breeze picked up Then we caught 2 quick at about 25 feet and then nothing until about 2 when we caught our last; 2 on dw at 50 ft and 1 on long line 1oz. 100 ft out.

Yesterday we did a little better and caught 14.
    Went Anderson yesterday slow for us caught some small chinooks and a trout by dam then ran to Lime Creek - probably missed the morn bite had five on and only boated one talked to two other boats one has 2 and one had 5 sure guys dragging Lime Creek all day did better BUT was a beautiful day

Surely we must've seen each other out there. I was in the 14 ft Livingston that says "MISS BELLE" on the sides.
    I'll keep an eye out for MISS BELL whenever I am out.

My wife and I fished Tuesday and Wednesday this week.
    Tuesday: Slow... Fished 3 and 4 poles from 10:30 to 4 and caught 6 Kokanee. Different colors and depths from 5 feet to 40.
    Wednesday: Even slower... Fished from 6:30 to 4:30 and only caught 5 Kokes. All were caught on either Green spin-glo/pink hoochie or Green/Black/Pink hoochie from the top to 45 feet.
    Both days we did get lots of short strikes and lost more than usual. Only 1 Chinook in 2 days and on Wednesday we actually trolled up an 18" bass.

Other people we talked to weren't doing much better.
    Last edited by KokaneeJoe; 04-27-2018 at 10:50 AM.

Fished from 8 till 6 and found enough for 2 limits. Afternoon was the best and they were very aggressive. Had to hunt for them but we found them. 40 to 50 feet. Great weather.
    Last edited by mowrus; 04-27-2018 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by mowrus View Post
    Fished from 8 till 6 and found enough for 2 limits. Afternoon was the best and they were very aggressive. Had to hunt for them but we found them. 40 to 50 feet. Great weather.
    Was this on Thursday (04/26)?

Was this on Thursday (04/26)?
    That is correct.

Glad to hear you did so well mowrus.

Thumbs up Still some action

Here's our results from Friday. Took the wife and our 2 small boys up Friday morning, put in at Curlew (still no dock ). Got downriggers, pink and purple gear with anise soaked corn down to 15-20 ft around 9 AM, and basically just did laps in front of Curlew until 12:30. Double header right out of the gates. By 12:30 we had landed 11 and lost 4. No chinooks at all, which surprised me. All 13 -16 inch bluebacks! By the end, we had crept down to 30-35 ft, and never changed colors. Water was clearish and a fantastic 54.1 degrees. Lots of boats down toward Lime Cr, but we had plenty of action up north. Hope this helps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	042718.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	53.9 KB 
ID:	9391  
    Last edited by blueback bart; 04-29-2018 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Add photo

Default First Kokanee fishing in 45 years

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180415_133457.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	9396I finally decided to start doing some other fishing besides fly fishing. I just purchased a Sea Eagle Foldcat as I have sold my suv and needed something I could throw in the car and get out. Went to Anderson Ranch on 4/15/18 for the first fishing trip on the new rig. I had a lot of strikes but was losing many until I put snubbers on the line. I only brought one home due to this, but had a great day.

Looking forward to another trip up this next Saturday with a coworker. https://photos.app.goo.gl/Z0clTLR3qVo75kXU2
    Last edited by dwood; 04-29-2018 at 11:37 AM.
    Sea Eagle 12ft Foldcat with 3.5hp Nissan and 30lb Minnkota. Also 1987 Bayliner 1952 Cuddy, 225 Volvo.

You got 50? Or did they change the limit up there?

Quote Originally Posted by 30carbine View Post
    You got 50? Or did they change the limit up there?
    Still the same limit..25 per person and yes

Still the same limit..25 per person and yes
    I had the same question. Thanks for answering. I guess the reason I had the same question is because that report buries anything I've heard this year. So...........

Wow! Best day I've heard of all year from anyone. Way to go! Hoping for a good day like that soon myself.

Very nice. I haven’t done that in a long time. Way back when the big fish were 9”.

my best day last year was 56 in july. For the first hour, I never reeled in a fish. My dad and wife got them all. They were biting so good, I didn't stop setting lines for that hour. Id get one set, and 2 more would go off. 14" fish were the little ones
    22' Custom Jet boat, Blue with American Flag waving. Blue GMC draggin'

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast