Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Anderson Ranch Reservior Kokanee Fishing Report

Default 2018 Anderson Ranch Reservior Kokanee Fishing Report

Lets hope that this year produces some nice Kokanee for all you Anderson Ranch Fishermen.
    17 ft. red/white Crestliner
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

Has anyone been out in 2018, I just had a buddy sent me a picture of a bunch of open water, Curlew I believe! Sorry if you clicked on this hoping for a report...

Default Anderson Ranch

Quote Originally Posted by fixed blade View Post
    Has anyone been out in 2018, I just had a buddy sent me a picture of a bunch of open water, Curlew I believe! Sorry if you clicked on this hoping for a report...
    Going Friday, will give a report when I return.

Default Anderson

I was up there last Sunday. Open water from Curley towards the dam is not an issue. Fished for about 4 hours, had four hits. Landed 2, one was 14-15" the other may have been 10" (that one went back in the water).

The ramp was snow covered, but it was soft enough that backing in and pulling out was not a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishiniwasfishin View Post
    Going Friday, will give a report when I return.

Any luck?????

Default Anderson Ranch.

Quote Originally Posted by fixed blade View Post
    Any luck?????
    Wasn't able to make it. My fishing partner was feeling under the weather so ended up at Arrowrock fishing with my dog! Landed 1 trout and 1 14 inch Kokanee.

Quote Originally Posted by sage68 View Post
    I was up there last Sunday. Open water from Curley towards the dam is not an issue. Fished for about 4 hours, had four hits. Landed 2, one was 14-15" the other may have been 10" (that one went back in the water).

The ramp was snow covered, but it was soft enough that backing in and pulling out was not a problem.
    Are you talking about the ramp at curlew? I was wondering if you can launch there yet

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing tail View Post
    Are you talking about the ramp at curlew? I was wondering if you can launch there yet
    You’re gettin antsy to get out aren’t ya. BTW I got my boat registered and most of the crap in the shop blocking me from getting the boat out is moved or ready or go.

Default clear shot to the lake

Gotta beat. downriggers, tackle boxes, boat is ready to roll. now if the wind would just lay down !!!!!! and of course the net!

Default Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing tail View Post
    That's correct, Curlew is open and accessible. The ramp this Sunday was open and free of snow. Now if you're wondering about the dock, it is still stacked like it was last year.

Went Sunday for about 3 hours. Tallied three fish in the box, all kokes 14-15", missed three more. Landed three chinook too, all were about 9" and were released.

Default Anderson docks

Talked to the Mountain Home Boise Forest office regarding the docks at Curlew. They were very noncommital, saying that they have had a lot of one-time expenses, and may or may not repair the docks this year. Said they certainly want to. Seemed somewhat surprised that there was a lot of interest in repairing them, since Pine is operable. Mike

Default 4k kokanee tourney at anderson may 12th

there will be a kokanee tourney on my 12th at Anderson. 2 man teams, limited to 80 teams. $120 entry fee with a $4000 first prize, and prizes down to 20th.

PM me if you want an application.

Facebook link to the event:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1564327793681657/
    22' Custom Jet boat, Blue with American Flag waving. Blue GMC draggin'

We are already signed up! It’s about time we had a koke tourney in our area👍

Sounds like a good day to avoid the lake to me. Thanks for the heads up.

Default Curlew Boat Dock

Has anyone information about the broken dock at Curlew boat ramp? I am hoping it will be fixed before the tournament May 12th.
    Old ('79) Chrysler tri-hull with Minn Kota bow mount and Penn manual downriggers.

Quote Originally Posted by KokaneeJoe View Post
    Has anyone information about the broken dock at Curlew boat ramp? I am hoping it will be fixed before the tournament May 12th.
    I called the Boise Nat. Forest in Mtn. Home, and asked about the docks, and they were very noncommital. Mentioned all the extra expenses due to fire, etc. You might call them just to keep the pressure on them. Mike

Thanks. That's a good idea. I will do that.
    Old ('79) Chrysler tri-hull with Minn Kota bow mount and Penn manual downriggers.

I’ll call as well. Let’s make sure they know it’s a priority.

Default Another year without boat dock @ Curlew?

Hopefully this year, they'll put those good dock sections back for boaters use at Curlew. Even with shorter boat dock would be great. This year I got a sciatic nerve pinch on my left foot, that's very limited my movement, specially climb on the bow to get in the boat. I feel much better now after 5 weeks injured. Hey you guys! Just don't getting old then you will be OK.

When I renew my boat sticker, often I select primary area is 1 (Lucky Peak South portion, Snake river) Secondary is 20 (Anderson Ranch Reservoir, Arrowrock, C.J Strike, Little Camas, Snake river) and hopefully the money will distribute to those select areas. There's a MAJOR BODIES OF WATER MAP in the Vendor Manual v1.2 (page 36) Idaho State. You can find more information from that manual. Use the Adobe Reader to open the PDF file.

Primary Use Area and Secondary Use Area
    Boaters may choose the area where they want their fees spent. This is called the primary use area. If the boater wishes, they may choose up to two areas, one primary and one secondary.
    Please use the MAJOR BODIES OF WATER MAP to find the area the boater will use.

PRIMARY USE AREA
    For the PRIMARY USE AREA and SECONDARY USE AREA, ask the owners which area they wish to designate their fees. Please refer them to the MAJOR BODIES OF WATER MAP. Enter the designation number. If the use area designation is left blank or completed with a number not listed on the map, the fees will still go into boating programs, but they will be distributed throughout the state rather than to a particular locale.

https://parksandrecreation.idaho.gov...ual_v1.2_0.pdf
    Last edited by fish4kok; 03-26-2018 at 12:10 AM.
    '92 Gray/Red Crestliner 130HP I/O Mercruiser, 9.9HP Honda kicker

My wife and I fished Anderson on 3-23-18. We put in at Curlew, the camp ground is not ready for guests. The fishing was fantastic, there were times we had 4 poles going off at the same time. What a wonderful day, spent it with my Bride and caught lots of fish. The kokes were at 12', speed was 1.7 and Kokanee Killer on the corn. The spoon were silver and the Hooches where pink and orange all day.
    I do want to say a few words about the members of KKF. Thank you for the help and information on one of the best ways to enjoy spending time with family and friends.

Default Hit and miss

Fished for 6 hours, 2 guys, catching was good at the mouths of the creek inlets at Fall creek and at Lime Creek. Too many boats combat fishing at Lime Creek so went downriver. Pink was the ticket for the hoochies, lots of flash helped also. When we found an active school we had multiple lines going. Went home with 14 total Kokes, and lost approximately 10 others. Remember your snubbers! very soft mouthed right now. 4 fish off of downriggers at 13 ft the rest were on the surface. Tight lines.

White Duckwoth hardtop jetboat, Finatic.

My wife and I fished from 10 to 4. Put in at Curlew. Fished mostly in the Lime Creek area and west of there a bit. Caught 19 kokanee 13" to 15" with 4 poles at depths from 10 to 24 ft. on pink/orange tube fly, Pink/orange Brads cut plug, Chartreuse sling blade and hoochie did just as well as did a "Tallon" kokabow lake troll and spinner which is gold and orange. They seemed to hit just about anything at various depths as well.

A little slower today. Got a late start and fished from about 11:30 till 2:30. Caught 6 kokanee the biggest at 16". pink/orange colors seemed to be best at 15-20 feet.
    Lots of boats. I was surprised at how many, although I did not count them.

First trip this year to Anderson. Fished from around 11:00 to 3:00 in the Curlew and Lime Creek area. Quite a few boats. Came home with 7 kokes from 13 to 16", lost several others. Released a 12" chinook. All fish caught on DR from 15 to 25' deep. Blue or watermelon dodger and pink bead spinner or hoochie, with plain shoepeg corn. Nice to get out.
    White 18' Hewescraft, 115 and 8 hp Yamaha

Default 4/8 Report

Fished from 8-noon. Boated 12, 3 footballs, and the rest nothing to write home about. Bite was consistent near lime creek. Fished 10-20 feet with wiggle hoochies and slingblades at 1.4 mph. Pink/Pink-Purple were the color of the day for us.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast