Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Anderson Ranch Reservior Kokanee Fishing Report

Default Slow on 4/10

Fished 3 poles from 10 to 5 and only landed 4 kokes. Lots and lots of small chinook. Released all but 3 chinook and the kokes. The kokes were caught (15 ft. dr) on pink/green dodgers with pink/green hoochies and 1 koke long lining a talon kokabow troll and spinner.
    Old ('79) Chrysler tri-hull with Minn Kota bow mount and Penn manual downriggers.

Quote Originally Posted by KokaneeJoe View Post
    Fished 3 poles from 10 to 5 and only landed 4 kokes. Lots and lots of small chinook. Released all but 3 chinook and the kokes. The kokes were caught (15 ft. dr) on pink/green dodgers with pink/green hoochies and 1 koke long lining a talon kokabow troll and spinner.
    Thank you for your report. Is the reservoir full and water clear? I'm planning to make a trip to Anderson either Friday or Sat if the weather is good.
    '92 Gray/Red Crestliner 130HP I/O Mercruiser, 9.9HP Honda kicker

I was up a week ago. Was pretty clear then. Water was up and rising, but still several feet from full. A fair bit of twigs and leaves in the water, but not what I'd call really bad.

Again, this was a week ago. Well, last Saturday, so 5 days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by fish4kok View Post
    Thank you for your report. Is the reservoir full and water clear? I'm planning to make a trip to Anderson either Friday or Sat if the weather is good.
    There was quite a bit of debris in the water, but the water itself was clear and not muddy. The lake was probably about 12 feet short of full. Good luck Fis4kok. I hope you catch a bunch.
    Old ('79) Chrysler tri-hull with Minn Kota bow mount and Penn manual downriggers.

Thanks hooknhunter and KokaneeJoe! Wife and I can't go fishing today but we'll join the crowd tomorrow and we'll let you know the result.

Quote Originally Posted by fish4kok View Post
    Thanks hooknhunter and KokaneeJoe! Wife and I can't go fishing today but we'll join the crowd tomorrow and we'll let you know the result.
    Maybe we will see you up there.

Quote Originally Posted by KokaneeJoe View Post
    Maybe we will see you up there.
    I'm looking forward to see you. I'll start to fish by Curlew first then will chasing the fish later. I'll be on the 17.5' Crestliner light gray with red trim.

My wife and I fished from about 10 to 5 between Curlew and Lime Cr. ended up catching 9 Kokanee 14-15" and had to keep a 15" Chinook that was too injured to release. Only fished the top 20 ft. Got hits on most things we tried but the best was a Arrow flash gold/moonglow trailing a pink/black tube fly. It seemed like we were doing better than we were with all the Chinook and some lost fish.

Want to give a big thanks to fish4koke who gave me a jump start. I would have had a hard time loading my boat without my motor. You and your wife are very kind.

Fish from 9:30Am til 5:00PM and took home 6 fat kok. We released all the Chinook and lost few kok close to the boat. I talked to few fishermen they did very good, two men caught 17, other two caught 19 other two caught 7. Most fish they caught on longline and very shallow. We fished deeper with 2 DRs (10' - 35') Vance copper dodger + pink squid, 1 long line pole with 1 oz sinker and 80' line out Ford fender + green/orange WR. By the time we quit there were few boats fished by Lime creek, they net the fish, more action after the wind die down.
    Lot of boats by Lime Creek before noon.
    Last edited by fish4kok; 04-16-2018 at 10:59 PM.

I talked to someone about 5:00 up at the outhouse. Was that you fish4kok? I have a 14 ft Smokercraft with a Johnson 15 hp motor. I also have a red pickup.

Quote Originally Posted by H2Oguy View Post
    I talked to someone about 5:00 up at the outhouse. Was that you fish4kok? I have a 14 ft Smokercraft with a Johnson 15 hp motor. I also have a red pickup.
    How did you do fishing?

Quote Originally Posted by H2Oguy View Post
    Yes! That was me! Nice to talk to you H2Oguy and thank you for your sharing fishing info.
    Last edited by fish4kok; 04-16-2018 at 10:58 PM.

Good to meet you Fish4kok. You are the first member that I have met.

KokaneeJoe, We were the ones that caught 17. We caught many of them before 9:00 am. We were still hooking some the rest of the day but we couldn't land most of them. I didn't catch anything deeper than 13 ft. My friend caught a couple around 20 ft. Pink was the best color. Most were between the ramp and Lime creek.

My wife and I took another couple and fished from around 9:00 to 3:00 yesterday; we ran four rods. Caught 15 kokes and at least 6 chinooks, from 15 to 25' on DRs. Dark dodgers and pink hoochies with plain corn at 25' were best. Lots of boats, but the people we saw at the ramp were courteous and efficient when launching and retrieving their boats. We fished mostly from west of Curlew to Lime Creek, out in the center.
    White 18' Hewescraft, 115 and 8 hp Yamaha

Default Launch at Pine?

I have never launched at Pine. Is there a good dock in the water? Is it a good ramp? How about parking or a parking fee? How far or how much time to travel from Curlew to the Pine ramp?

Thank you for the info.

Physion
    Last edited by Physion; 04-18-2018 at 10:55 PM.

I'm not sure if we're talking about the same ramp, but I have launched at the campground south of the airport (and Pine), on the west side of the lake. I haven't been there this year, but last year it was a good ramp with a dock and good parking. But one windy afternoon, a lot of debris blew in and I couldn't take the boat out there. I would guess it is a 10 minute boat ride to Curlew, maybe less. I was there early in the year, and I don't remember fees at that time.
    White 18' Hewescraft, 115 and 8 hp Yamaha

Another thing to consider is that the Pine Bridge is closed and there is a 4 or 5 mile detour up the east side of the river to the old wooden bridge and back.

Default Pine ramp and dock

Thank you for the info. I was hoping for a dock for my fishing partner, but Pine doesn't sound like a good option right now. I think I'll use Curlew. At least it has a good ramp.

Physion

Quote Originally Posted by Physion View Post
    Thank you for the info. I was hoping for a dock for my fishing partner, but Pine doesn't sound like a good option right now. I think I'll use Curlew. At least it has a good ramp.

Physion
    is the dock in this year? they never put it out last year
    22' Custom Jet boat, Blue with American Flag waving. Blue GMC draggin'

we are heading up tomorrow morning. Any tips on the depth they are at right now?

Terek,
    Did well last weekend fishing darker flashers/Dodgers and hoochies early really shallow in water column, then moving deeper say 15 to 25 ft deep in column and switching to silver flashers and the standard pinks/oranges and purples as sun got higher in the sky. Find your own water. We did better finding quieter water/less boat traffic and usually got bigger fish avg.
    1997 21' Tracker deep v party barge, 125 Hp Mercury OB with front mount trolling motor.

Quote Originally Posted by bsukoker View Post
    Terek,
    Did well last weekend fishing darker flashers/Dodgers and hoochies early really shallow in water column, then moving deeper say 15 to 25 ft deep in column and switching to silver flashers and the standard pinks/oranges and purples as sun got higher in the sky. Find your own water. We did better finding quieter water/less boat traffic and usually got bigger fish avg.
    Thanks for the info. Rolling threw mt. Home now. I'll throw a report up when we get home

Worst trip I have had at Anderson in 10 years. Threw the book at em. 3 fish in 6 hours. Was super windy too, very hard to control the boat

Whoa! Not good. And with the tournament coming up that’s a bad omen. More prefishing will be required.

It was a slow day but we did manage to catch 8 kokanee. Trolling between Curlew and Lime Creek. Caught 3 in the morning at about 10 ft. then nothing until the breeze picked up Then we caught 2 quick at about 25 feet and then nothing until about 2 when we caught our last; 2 on dw at 50 ft and 1 on long line 1oz. 100 ft out.

Yesterday we did a little better and caught 14.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180421_153311.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	49.2 KB 
ID:	9372  

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast