Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Anderson Ranch Reservior Kokanee Fishing Report

Quote Originally Posted by dustyjohns View Post
    I only started using them last year. I still have and use the Flash-lites too. I agree that the Kokabow do have that extra drag to them. But they are catching fish. I will be trying one of the in flight trolls soon.
    Yes Dusty it was windy - had to stay on the wheel all day and let GEO catch most the fish - was fun tho- did get 23 - ford fenders, 2 oz weight, hootchies didnt catch, switched to wedding rings - we counted missed fish and had close to 30 - nothing over 16" - released about 5 small ones - no wind and we would have had more im sure

Question Is it possible to catch the Kokanee without a DR ?

New to forum. I live in Mtn Home, and mainly fish CJ. 4 years ago, I had a boat with a downrigger and fished Anderson one time and did well. Sold that boat and now have another and wonder if a person has any luck top lining using a mooching sinker to get down a ways and do any good ? If not, I'll spend some beer $$ and go the downrigger route.
    Idahored

Default downrigger?

Up until the last two years I fished exclusively with a long line, weights, a gang troll, and a spinner or other lure. I brought home lots of kokanee. Anderson Ranch has usually been good to me until some time in July. I fish mostly in the upper part near Curlew and Lime Creek. When the fish go deep, and they do, a downrigger would be helpful. Landing a fish on just a dodger is more fun than on a gang troll with weights. Anderson has been yielding good fish this year. Try a long line first and then consider a downrigger. Good luck. If you want more discussion, this should probably be moved to the general fishing thread.

Physion

Quote Originally Posted by Physion View Post
    Up until the last two years I fished exclusively with a long line, weights, a gang troll, and a spinner or other lure. I brought home lots of kokanee. Anderson Ranch has usually been good to me until some time in July. I fish mostly in the upper part near Curlew and Lime Creek. When the fish go deep, and they do, a downrigger would be helpful. Landing a fish on just a dodger is more fun than on a gang troll with weights. Anderson has been yielding good fish this year. Try a long line first and then consider a downrigger. Good luck. If you want more discussion, this should probably be moved to the general fishing thread.

Physion
    Thanks for the reply, and insight.
    Idahored
    Mtn Home

Default Anderson yesterday

Spent the day at Anderson Ranch yesterday. Only landed two, but good size. several to the boat that we just could not get netted. Had some issues with some cheap clips and let several tackle setups. Great day on the lake though, first time with two people on my little pontoon setup and it worked great.
    Sea Eagle 12ft Foldcat with 3.5hp Nissan and 30lb Minnkota. Also 1987 Bayliner 1952 Cuddy, 225 Volvo.

Default Father’s Day Weekend

Fished Saturday morning and Sunday morning. Boated 15 fish Saturday 8am-noon 30ft 1.6 mph silver dodger, red w/r all at curlew.

Went out for 2 hours this morning 8am-10am, and picked up another 7. Using the same set up but at 20-25 ft. Everything that we kept were all over 14 inches, Anderson is producing some really nice fish. 75% of the fish were on the DR’s.

Good luck and Happy Father’s Day.

Quote Originally Posted by idahored View Post
    New to forum. I live in Mtn Home, and mainly fish CJ. 4 years ago, I had a boat with a downrigger and fished Anderson one time and did well. Sold that boat and now have another and wonder if a person has any luck top lining using a mooching sinker to get down a ways and do any good ? If not, I'll spend some beer $$ and go the downrigger route.
    Idahored
    I use that method all the time. Usually (but not always) do pretty well.

Fished from 10-4 netted 20 fish nothin under 14 inches released anything smaller and biggest was 17.5”. Orange dodgers worked best early day and then green worked best durintg afternoon. Fishing 27 feet down all day with pink and orange hoochies tipped with firecorn. Half of the fish came from downriggers half from rods longlining. Almost all the bigger fish came from the long liners which is interesting. Completely shredded one of the tires on our trailer or else we would have been out earlier.
    Last edited by John123987; 06-19-2018 at 10:08 PM.

Default June 20th

Fished Lime Crk area from 7 to 6 and put 16 fish in the cooler including a 20” rainbow. I tried at least a dozen different setups with a silver flash-lite, Black hoochie, 1.5 oz, and 69 feet back being the winner.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FCA27845-208B-4BC3-9C1F-8EEA08322497.jpeg 
Views:	125 
Size:	87.9 KB 
ID:	9467  

Nice rod! Hope it’s your daughter’s. 😧

Quote Originally Posted by MackayGuy View Post
    Nice rod! Hope it’s your daughter’s. 😧
    Pretty sure it’s your mom’s rod.... 😉

Pretty sure it’s your mom’s rod.... 😉
    If it is she won’t miss it....she’s dead. But good comeback.

Quote Originally Posted by MackayGuy View Post
    If it is she won’t miss it....she’s dead. But good comeback.
    What is this ! 6th grade?😂🤣

I wanted a rod that was bright. I don’t have the best setup boat wise and from where I have to sit, the light red color catches my eye easier when it starts bouncing. You’re not the only one that’s given me grief for it. The guy at Howard’s didn’t want to sell it to me 😂

I wanted a rod that was bright. I don’t have the best setup boat wise and from where I have to sit, the light red color catches my eye easier when it starts bouncing. You’re not the only one that’s given me grief for it. The guy at Howard’s didn’t want to sell it to me 😂
    I was just kidding with you....and you took it well. And...most importantly you caught fish with it. Fisherman always jab their fellow fisherman.

I have pretty thick skin, glad you do too.

I have pretty thick skin, glad you do too.
    any new word on the docs being put back in ? Forest service still passing the buck?

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by G3 longliner View Post
    any new word on the docs being put back in ? Forest service still passing the buck?
    My money says the docks will dry rot on land.

Why can’t we put them in? Rent a loader or forklift in Mt Home and just go do it?

Why can’t we put them in? Rent a loader or forklift in Mt Home and just go do it?
    DOESNT someone out there in fishing land have some pull with the FS

im sure if ya touched them it would be a felony against the gov.:) guess they would make good fire wood for the campers at Curlew not me of course

Default Anderson 6/26

Fished Anderson today. Between 2 of us caught 7. Found them at a variety of depths. Even caught a double on one downrigger at different depths. Bite was spotty. Kokes we did catch were nice size.

Quote Originally Posted by crappieslayer View Post
    Fished Anderson today. Between 2 of us caught 7. Found them at a variety of depths. Even caught a double on one downrigger at different depths. Bite was spotty. Kokes we did catch were nice size.
    Educate me please. How do you run one downrigger at different depths and more than one rod? I’m still trying to decide if I want to get downriggers.

Talking

Educate me please. How do you run one downrigger at different depths and more than one rod? I’m still trying to decide if I want to get downriggers.
    It is called stacking. Release clips are spread a minimum of 10’ apart on the downrigger wire. You will find stacker release clips that attach to the wire wherever you’d like.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Thanks SuperD! Another item in the + column as to why I should get downriggers.

Thanks SuperD! Another item in the + column as to why I should get downriggers.
    To each their own, I guess. I have tried down riggers and been completely un-impressed. I don't want any.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast