Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: 2018 Anderson Ranch Reservior Kokanee Fishing Report

Default Nice fishing report

Quote Originally Posted by dwood View Post
    I went out to the dam area yesterday and in three hours got 5 kokes, one chinook, 1 small trout with really pink meat, and one SMB. I would have probably gotten more, but decided to explore a bit and went up the lake and was not marking any fish on the finder in that area.

Love the Kokabow Comet dodger and fools gold squid combo, they worked well. Fished at 65ft.

Two of the kokes were white meat, which Allen with Kokabow was telling me about, not sure why they are not getting the pink meat, but at least I have three for the smoker. The chinook was small but very pink meat.

If anyone finds a two piece aluminum oar that is in two pieces I lost mine somewhere on the lake.
    Thank you for good fishing report. I would like to make a fishing trip in Anderson in early Fall but due to the health relative in Denver, CO then I couldn't make it. I'll be back to Boise next Tues. and hopefully will have time for fishing either Anderson or LP.
    The beautiful color leaves probally gone by now.
    Denver weather is very beautifull for a week now. Sunny & blue sky...
    '92 Gray/Red Crestliner 130HP I/O Mercruiser, 9.9HP Honda kicker

Quote Originally Posted by fish4kok View Post
    Thank you for good fishing report. I would like to make a fishing trip in Anderson in early Fall but due to the health relative in Denver, CO then I couldn't make it. I'll be back to Boise next Tues. and hopefully will have time for fishing either Anderson or LP.
    The beautiful color leaves probally gone by now.
    Denver weather is very beautifull for a week now. Sunny & blue sky...
    The fall colors are still there.
    Sea Eagle 12ft Foldcat with 3.5hp Nissan and 30lb Minnkota. Also 1987 Bayliner 1952 Cuddy, 225 Volvo.

I fished in the Curlew area on Friday and Saturday. Fished the equivalent of about 1 full day over those 2 days. Didn't hit it too hard, nor did I keep track of how many (exactly) I caught.

I caught several smallish bass (kept 1 that was about 13 inches), 4 or 5 rainbows (kept all those), at least 10 small Chinook (kept 1 that was hooked really bad), and around 6 Kokes.
    2 of the Kokes had hooked jaws and looked beat up like they had been spawning, but were not red. I found that a bit curious. Both of those had white meat and were males.

Default white meat kokanee

A friend of mine caught some kokanee with white meat out of Horsethief while ice fishing last winter. They were also darker skinned than normal. Do some kokanee survive a while after spawning? I, too, am puzzled.

Quote Originally Posted by Physion View Post
    A friend of mine caught some kokanee with white meat out of Horsethief while ice fishing last winter. They were also darker skinned than normal. Do some kokanee survive a while after spawning? I, too, am puzzled.
    Clearly some must survive. I would think that they would die fairly quickly.

Apparently I am as think as you dumb I am...........Lol

Default meat color

See my post in Lucky Peak about the color of the kokanee meat.

Default Boat dock at Curlew is repairing. thumbsup

Today my wife and I take a drive for sight seeing from Boise to Pine. From I-84 we took exit 99 to Old Oregon Trail Road and turned to Bennett mountain road. That's late fall so most of the leaves are gone. There were few area with campers, RV camp, utility trailer with the ATV. Those must be belong to hunters. The dirt road is very good maintain, no bumpy or pod hole...Then it connect to HW-20 about couple miles before turn to road 61 to Pine.

Before we went to Curlew, we spot couple fishing boat by Lime Creek, they must launched their boat at the dam or Fall creek because I didn't see any truck with boat trailer at Curlew campground.

At Curlew campground I met the welder whose is repairing the boat dock. His name is Bud C., he's very nice guy and very open. His job is repairing, welding ,replacing broken hinges. Other group with forklift-will replacing damaged float then they will installing the boat dock next week and leave it there. There will be 16 dock sections rather 20, the other 4 docks that frame twisted so badly. We thank him for his work and gaving him a pack of smoke Kokanee from Anderson. So, we'll have boat dock at Curlew next Spring. I hope we'll not have a bad winter like 2 years ago.

Below are the pictures that I took today.

Autumn at Curlew camp ground

Bud C. at work

Welding

Hinge repaired

Default Good day at Anderson

I headed up to Anderson today and in 3 hours I had four in the boat and had to fight for the fifth one. Fished at Curlew from the ramp to about one half way to lime creek. I headed down to lime creek, but did not have much luck there, so I headed back towards the ramp. Fishing was good until the wind came back up. Used a Kokabow fools gold with a Comet tear drop for most of the fist the last on a kokabow ravisher with a widow tear drop. The fools gold was the hot lure, but one fell apart and I lost my last one when a fish broke my line. Fishing with down rigger at 30 to 35 ft with a 30 ft setback.

i updated the fish picture with a better one.

The good news is the docks are in place at Curlew.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fish.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	73.1 KB 
ID:	9548

Name:	IMG_20181117_120220.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	9549

Name:	IMG_20181117_091002.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	9547
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181117_212542.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	73.8 KB 
ID:	9546  
    Last edited by dwood; 11-18-2018 at 08:32 PM.
    Sea Eagle 12ft Foldcat with 3.5hp Nissan and 30lb Minnkota. Also 1987 Bayliner 1952 Cuddy, 225 Volvo.

Good news about the dock. Long (too long?) time coming! See you caught one chinook. Wonder is he is one of the 2017 or 2018 plantings? There should be some larger chinook from the earlier plantings waiting for us this year. Mike

Quote Originally Posted by kodiak1 View Post
    Good news about the dock. Long (too long?) time coming! See you caught one chinook. Wonder is he is one of the 2017 or 2018 plantings? There should be some larger chinook from the earlier plantings waiting for us this year. Mike
    Isn't there 4 chinook in the pic? Docks look great...

Quote Originally Posted by mowrus View Post
    Isn't there 4 chinook in the pic? Docks look great...
    I do believe 4 were chinook, I do not think there are any kokes at this time of the year of that size and four did have the tail spotting, though I have seen that on some kokes at Anderson. Two had very dark blue backs the other three silver. I had one that broke the line under the boat that I would have loved to have landed, he had my pole bent under the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by dwood View Post
    I headed up to Anderson today and in 3 hours I had four in the boat and had to fight for the fifth one. Fished at Curlew from the ramp to about one half way to lime creek. I headed down to lime creek, but did not have much luck there, so I headed back towards the ramp. Fishing was good until the wind came back up. Used a Kokabow fools gold with a Comet tear drop for most of the fist the last on a kokabow ravisher with a widow tear drop. The fools gold was the hot lure, but one fell apart and I lost my last one when a fish broke my line. Fishing with down rigger at 30 to 35 ft with a 30 ft setback.

i updated the fish picture with a better one.

The good news is the docks are in place at Curlew.

Name:	IMG_20181117_120220.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	9549

Name:	IMG_20181117_091002.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	9547
    Docks look great. Lake look even greater. You must had the whole lake for yourself eh?

Quote Originally Posted by fish4kok View Post
    Docks look great. Lake look even greater. You must had the whole lake for yourself eh?
    There was one other boat and he was somewhere towards the dam. I only saw him when he came in to load up, so yes I had the whole area of the lake to myself, although I do not mind sharing there is enough room for all of us.

Default Thinking...

Normally this time of year I知 too busy duck hunting. I知 sure some of you have seen my boat. The duck boat with no power head. As I don稚 have a way to be on the river, I知 thinking of fishing. I do have a kicker that gets us around just fine.

Would it be a waste of fuel to try for Kokanee or Chinook this time of year?

Quote Originally Posted by dustyjohns View Post
    Normally this time of year I知 too busy duck hunting. I知 sure some of you have seen my boat. The duck boat with no power head. As I don稚 have a way to be on the river, I知 thinking of fishing. I do have a kicker that gets us around just fine.

Would it be a waste of fuel to try for Kokanee or Chinook this time of year?
    You can catch both kokanee and chinook this time of the year--There was a large number of kookanee in the fall creek inlett about one month ago I caught several and 5 chinook in that area

Thank you! Will give it a try this week.

Quote Originally Posted by dustyjohns View Post
    Thank you! Will give it a try this week.
    Just wondering if you hit the water and how you did

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910