Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Dworshak Reservior Kokanee Fishing Report

Default 2018 Dworshak Reservior Kokanee Fishing Report

Let us know how Dworshak is treating you.
    17 ft. red/white Crestliner
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

Default Dworshak

Been picking up limits, fish are 10-14".
    Have to hunt em a bit but no worries...

Limits of Kokes sound like a good way to start this thread and the season. Thanks for posting.
    17 ft. red/white Crestliner
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

Default Dworshak

We were down on Saturday the 3rd picked up 6. It was pretty windy seemed to be more fish up near elk creek is that what you found also?

Around Mary's bay, depth is the trick. 30-39'.
    Shoepeg with garlic and red dye

Default Any luck lately??

Has anyone been having any luck since the decent weather has returned?? Also been hearing rumors of Kokanee getting flushed through the dam??

Quote Originally Posted by bigjim1992 View Post
    Has anyone been having any luck since the decent weather has returned?? Also been hearing rumors of Kokanee getting flushed through the dam??
    There was a notice in the LMT February 16th of no limit salvage of Kokanee below Dworshak.

Default It is time!

Fished this last Tuesday. Netted 14 in about an hour and a half. Some were nice! Missing the head, they filled a frying pan! Found them right next to shore. The only launch is the marina. Lake is down 145' as of this morning. Am going back up today, will get you some photos
    jeff

Default Water level

Has anyone heard when the water level might start coming back up??

Default water level

Corps plan is to keep the lake at 1445' ( which is considered empty) Til May 1

Default Any reports?

Hey fellow Kokanee addicts,
    I'm hoping to fish Dworshak in a couple weeks. Any news on the bite? Thanks!

Default Dworshak reports

Just curious, anybody catching on Dworshak? Like to catch enough to fill my smoker. Nobody's got much to say on here this year. Did they all get flushed over the dam this spring?

Quote Originally Posted by Elkchaser View Post
    Just curious, anybody catching on Dworshak? Like to catch enough to fill my smoker. Nobody's got much to say on here this year. Did they all get flushed over the dam this spring?
    Pretty much no action for us a week ago. Other boats looked about the same. Saw a couple fish and a lot of not smiling faces.

Default Canyon Creek Access

Can anyone tell me if the road down to the Canyon Creek boat ramp is open or did it suffer an extra hard winter?

Default Two rigs w/boat trailers

Quote Originally Posted by kub View Post
    Can anyone tell me if the road down to the Canyon Creek boat ramp is open or did it suffer an extra hard winter?
    Saw two rigs with small boat trailers by ramp. Couldn't see into camp ground from where we were on lake. Yesterday on 23rd.

I went down there in early April and it was fine. They did some logging above the campground there, and seemed to improve the lower mile of road just a bit. You should have no problems, just the usual potholes and washboard areas.

Default THANKS FOR THE UPDATE

Thanks to both responders for the Canyon Creek Road update. I'd like to head down in there next week if the weather cooperates. I don't suppose anyone would have a report of how the fishing was over the Memorial Day weekend? Is the water pretty clear in Canyon Creek and Indian Creek or is it getting murky with the muddy inflows?

Default Kokanee

Went fishing last Monday morning; got my limit in 3 1/2 hrs. got 13 from 0730 to 0830 then it took 2 1/2 hrs to get the other 12.
    water was clear by Big Eddy.

Thanks for the info as I need all the help I can get. It's probably been 25 years since I fished Dworshak for kokanee. With the inspiration I have received from reading this years and last years forum, I think I will give it a shot the end of next week.

Thanks for the info as I need all the help I can get. It's probably been 25 years since I fished Dworshak for kokanee. With the inspiration I have received from reading this years and last years forum, I think I will give it a shot the end of next week.
    Now for the real report!! Went over memorial day weekend. Fished elk creek 0 fish, fished canyon creek 0 fish, fished dent 0 fish. Looked around and noone catcing fish and not that there was many boats, the word is out evidently. Water level going up 5 feet a day does not help. Any way wait until water levels stabilize.

That sounds like my usual day of fishing. Thanks for the update.

don't know what Steve86 means by the real report!!!! my report was real and fishing was excellent last Monday. where I was fishing there were 6 to 8 boats and they were all catching fish.
    good luck the next time you go!!!

Default Helpful hints

Quote Originally Posted by letsgo View Post
    don't know what Steve86 means by the real report!!!! my report was real and fishing was excellent last Monday. where I was fishing there were 6 to 8 boats and they were all catching fish.
    good luck the next time you go!!!
    It would be of great help if you could share what set ups you were using, bait, and how deep. We all would appreciate. Sometimes those kokes are pretty finicky! 😎

Default Nice size fish

Went out this morning with my wife. Did things a little different, dropped in at Bruce's and motored down to about half way between Eddies and Indian creek. Dropped lines in the water right at the point there as I slowed and immediately marked a school. We caught several in deep water a couple hundred yards off shore. The fish were over 12 inch. What caught all morning was my one brass round bladed pop rig with a pink spinner. It was running 1.2 MPH, 60 feet long with 1/3 ounce weight on the rudder. That silly thing kept right on catching until about 11 AM. The blades are fairly big colorado type, maybe 1 3/4", so pretty noisy.

I ran through everything I own on the two downriggers and another long line. From dodgers w/squid to pink, chrome and red, chrome orange and chrome green. Got a fish on odd stuff here and there, but still that brass long line kept right on bring in fish.

I finally stuck a tan/yellow k-fly with 2 hammered brass leaf blades about a foot in front and it started hitting at 35 feet on the downrigger.

Didn't catch a lot, 10 or so. Never saw another school on the finder. Most of the fish we hooked up were in deeper water, not near shore or in the creek mouths. Probably would have been a good day off the point at Elk River. Fish flat stopped hitting anything at 11 AM.

Rick
    Last edited by ricks; 06-07-2018 at 05:49 PM.
    Gray/White Bluewater - Stop and say howdy!

Default Kokanee

Quote Originally Posted by stevec View Post
    It would be of great help if you could share what set ups you were using, bait, and how deep. We all would appreciate. Sometimes those kokes are pretty finicky! 😎
    was just using the standard set of jacks, (silver/brass) dyed corn, 55 ft with 3 oz, trolling 1.1 mph. was marking fish from 10/12 ft but couldn't get them to bite just the ones that were deep.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast