Thread: 2018 Merwin Lake Reports

Default 2018 Merwin Lake Reports

Well after telling the wife she was going to have Kokanee salmon for dinner we opened up our 2018 season fishing on New Years Day with a trip to Merwin Lake with my friend Jason Pond. Wasn't hardly anyone else but a few of us out today. The wind was at least 20 MPH with gusts over 35 MPH all day long non-stop with 2-3 foot waves all day. Somehow we still managed to get 8 fish on with only 3 making it all the way to the net. By the time we were done we were so cold our knees were shaking, faces froze and toes numb. So while we are at the Lake my wife smokes up a bunch of salmon as she say's so she had enough to eat for dinner.😛
    https://www.kokaneefishingforum.com/...6&d=1514929078

https://www.kokaneefishingforum.com/...4&d=1514929031
    Grab yourself a Koke

Sunday 5/6/18 report= me and my buddy Tim (4 rods) hit Merwin Lake where we wacked em & Stacked them again today. Even managed to get one on the fly rod which was also the big fish of the day. We fished 2 rods at 28 feet and slid the other 2 down 15 feet off Shuttle Hawks after the 1st 3 hours without a surface bite. The lake was getting pretty gamey out there as we were leaving with the wind. We ran 2 gold and 2 arrow flashers with the chartreuse sides with all pink plankton hoochies with krill oil and mike's shrimp oil.
    The 1 on the fly was a gold bead head pink wooly bugger with grizzly hackle palmer. 130 foot set back on the surface which didn't produce. Then on the riggers the deep rods were only set back 80 and the top rods 120. 1.2 mph was the ticket today.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5618.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	9407

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fly.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	9408
    Grab yourself a Koke

Default Merwin 2018

Was doing OK at 60' in late July with a double hook (#4 Kahle up and #2 glow Gama down) on a chartreuse UV #2 Needlefish. Then had to have lower unit replaced. Want to start again next week. Can anyone give me any tips? Are they spawning yet?