Thread: New line counter reels

Hybrid View

Default New line counter reels

Ran across these small, compact line counter reels and thought that I'd give them a try. Here are some pics of the new reels. The size is nice. I can tell there is a slight quality difference in the feel vs. my Shimano Tekotas but these are a lot less expensive reels. We'll have to wait to get them Flaming Gorge Kokanee tested.

2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Are those Lexas? I’ve seen them at Sportsman’s for around $129. What kind of deal did you get and where?

Yes, they are Daiwa Lexa 100’s. TackleDirect and Amazon Prime are just a little less than that price you quoted.

I’ve been debating between a Lexa and Cold Water low pro. The Lexa has a faster retrieve and a lower price tag. Think I’ll give the Lexa a try. The few reviews out there seem positive as well.

The size of the Coldwater low profile is still a fairly heavy body reel, probably closer to a Lexa 300. The Lexa 100 is very small and compact. I was able to completely fill the spool with 200 yards of 10 lb. test mono.

Those look nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Trident13 View Post
    I’ve been debating between a Lexa and Cold Water low pro. The Lexa has a faster retrieve and a lower price tag. Think I’ll give the Lexa a try. The few reviews out there seem positive as well.
    I fished with them last week, and they were a very smooth reel