Thread: Bunker

Default Bunker

Howdy. Been chasing Kokes for a couple years now and realize there is a lot I don't know about the process, equipment, & techniques. Don't have much to offer yet so looking forward to asking a few questions then sitting back and soaking up some of you guys knowledge. I could some advise on what I should get for a fish finder. Using a 30 year old Bottomline Tournament 360 Scanner that has served me well but feel there is so much more available I don't know about. About all I would use it for is fishing Kokes. Thanks in advance.

Default Bunker

I've been chasing kokes for a long time and like you are still learning. I've learned every lake fishes different, just ask if you got a question?
    Last edited by mrmike; 12-08-2017 at 09:58 PM.

Default Bunker

Thanks mrmike. You have any thoughts on fish finders? Side view vs down view or both?, GPS, Power, Hummingbird, Lowrance, Garmin? Water I'm fishing is 150' feet at the most. All still water with exception of confluence of Snake and Clearwater. Any advise would be welcome.

Default Bunker

I own and have graduated to Garmin products, I had a lowerance about 4 yrs old. I sent it back for repairs,they said it was to old a model 1700.00 down the tubes. I have a 742sx garmin 7 inch screen with chirp with down view,I didn't order the side view trans ducer. Love it but living in Oregon I target numerous species Salmon,kokanee,walleye,bass,bottom fish in the ocean. I believe besides putting in fuel your electronic are most important,that's your eyes. It tells you every thing temp,thermocline, speed,were you have been and were your going. Marks GPS setting and finds the fish. I've been caught in heavy fog and sure glad I had GPS. Just purchase what you can afford. All my mechanic friends all swear by Garmin. Remember the transducer models are sometime extra money. I have a 21 ft motion marine custom made sled. Guide model 5 seats run 4 cannon electric DR. I have 101 bow mount rip tide 36 volt electric love it. It has a 175 horse mercury sport jet (outback) imboard motors on the back of sled not in the boat, Any way that's my outlook on fish finders.