Thread: SD Card to Micro sd

Default SD Card to Micro sd

I have an old lcx 27 lowerance fish finder with the western sd card but my new fish finder only takes the Micro sd card can anyone tell me if I can copy the sd card to micro sd and it work in my new unit . The sd card is about 10 years old. and still works very well. any help would be appreciated.

There is an upgrade chip available to those that have an old chip. I believe it is $100 or 1/2 the price of a new chip. To my knowledge, you can not copy your old chip. Navionics puts some encrypting in the chip so people don't pirate all their maps and share with friends.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

SuperD is right on the upgrade. You can get the upgrade on a micro sd card thru Navionics having your older version with a years updates for $100. Your older version is your proof that Navionics will ask you to plug into a reader while your going the upgrade stages. I had an sd card from my older Lowrance unit but needed an up grade to my A57D Raymarine that uses a CF card. The other alternative route is to purchase the micro sd card with the maps you want for $199 and you still get the updates or get lucky with a sale. The transaction purchase is taken thru a secure site and your card will ship to you which takes about a week to receive.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Thanks Dave and Bduck I appreciate the information I will call navionics and do that.Have a good holiday and hope to see you in the spring.