Thread: Berryessa? Anyone?

Default Berryessa? Anyone?

Haven't heard anything this year. Went out last week. Nothing on the screen, no bites, no other boats out. What the heck is going on?

This forum is dead.

You apparently haven't read that Berryessa has been dead for 2 years now. Both the Kokes and Kings vanished. DFG is saying that the low oxygen during the drought years killed them. Berryessa has been a decent trout fishery this year.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Thanks for the reply Super D. I have not heard that. Sad. Berryessa has been in a state of decline for years. It's been painful to watch.

I'm getting reports of limits of kings being caught recently.

I went to Kokanee power's web site and read the article on Berryessa. Heartbreaking. Upon further investigation I believe the person who said they caught Kings was mistaken. I went out last week not to fish but test drive my new boat (2010 Jetcraft) before I mount my down riggers and other gear and ran into two other boats fishing. One guy said he had been out and was catching some "Eagle Lake" trout that had been recently planted. Later talked to another guy who said he did not know what he had. He first thought they were Kings then Kokes. I looked at them and determined they were neither but were trout. Very large healthy fish. They almost did look like Kings.
    I think I'll head out there this weekend and see what I can turn up.