Thread: July 18, 2017.

Hybrid View

Default July 18, 2017.

We launched at Anvil Draw this morning and traveled north about 5 miles or so and began fishing. Fishing was slow but we did catch 5 nice fish. Most fish were caught at the 50 foot depth on different colored Apex lures. Didn't get any bites at all on pink or white squid. Weather was completely calm at around 90 degrees.

Regards, Keith

do you use dodgers with your Apex lures if so what kind and how long is the leader
    if I Can find some I may try Brad’s Kokanee Cut Plug. tried one that was 3" at strawberry but it did not work I need to find the 2 1/4"
    be up Thursday

What seemed to be the best was a large size Rocky Mountain Tackle dodger and as Apex suggests I just use the full length of the leader. Also if you come bring meal worms as there is a shortage in this area right now.

Quote Originally Posted by liketrolling View Post
    .... I need to find the 2 1/4"
    be up Thursday
    It has been one of my best producers at the Gorge this year. I recommend buying the unrigged 2 packs for the price they want for a hook and a few beads. I run an 18" - 20" leader.

BTW, I am coming back up Thursday as well.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

I picked up the smaller Brad's cut bait at Sportsman's Warehouse, they had a couple of different colors available here in Helena. I did catch a couple on an orange and pink cut bait.

We were there on the 18th also but went out of Lucerne. Found the fish at 65 ft. on the Blvd. . We used rocky mountain tackle dodgers with cotton candy squids. did very well. It was nice to see the size of the kokes are getting good now. All fish were over 3 pounds. Seemed like they like it at a little fast than usual. We will be back in aug, for the lakers.