Thread: Skunked 6/30

Hybrid View

Default Skunked 6/30

Hit the water about 7:30 on Friday, started between Lowe canyon and squaw hollow and trolled North to breeze hill. Then trolled across and South to skunk cliffs and back to squaw hollow. I didn't have a single bite all day! I switched gear up a lot more than usual trying to gain some interest but no luck. I didn't mark hardly any fish and the couple I did see were in 50-60ft water. I've heard the fishing has been better near the pipeline/rawlins draw. This has been one of the tuffer seasons I've had in a long time. Just can't seem to find the fish, does all the extra water have them scattered in unfamiliar places or am I just getting really unlucky? Hope other people are having better luck.

Mike
    The Experiment Requires That You Continue!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Hit the water about 7:30 on Friday, started between Lowe canyon and squaw hollow and trolled North to breeze hill. Then trolled across and South to skunk cliffs and back to squaw hollow. I didn't have a single bite all day! I switched gear up a lot more than usual trying to gain some interest but no luck. I didn't mark hardly any fish and the couple I did see were in 50-60ft water. I've heard the fishing has been better near the pipeline/rawlins draw. This has been one of the tuffer seasons I've had in a long time. Just can't seem to find the fish, does all the extra water have them scattered in unfamiliar places or am I just getting really unlucky? Hope other people are having better luck.

Mike
    Yikes, sounds like an anomaly, most are reporting good fishing. But I do feel the higher water is messing with fish habits a little, although not enough to not get a single bite. A week prior we got our limits around the same depth but were mostly between Rawlings and pipeline.

The upside is you live close enough to go back and seek revenge on those little skunks!

I'll be headed out in the morning to give it another go. Think I'll head south to rawlins and work my way to the pipeline! Hopefully I'll have a more productive report to offer!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I'll be headed out in the morning to give it another go. Think I'll head south to rawlins and work my way to the pipeline! Hopefully I'll have a more productive report to offer!
    Our best approach was to stay about 100 yards out from the crowd at Rawlings.

Thanks gorgehunter I'll give it a shot!