Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Deadwood Road Conditions

  1. #1

    Default Deadwood Road Conditions

    Has anyone tried to go in? The turn off at cape horn still had some snow on the ground 6-11 when i drove by. I was planning on heading in next weekend.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    64

    Default

    I wish I knew... I too am interested in conditions for Deadwood. Road and fishing. If you find out anything let me know.
    Old ('79) Chrysler tri-hull with Minn Kota bow mount and Penn manual downriggers.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KokaneeJoe View Post
    I wish I knew... I too am interested in conditions for Deadwood. Road and fishing. If you find out anything let me know.
    Road is open at Cape Horn--The road is rough with potholes and washboards -I just got back today 3 different sizes of Kookanee--6"--13"--16-17"

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rem40xb1 View Post
    Road is open at Cape Horn--The road is rough with potholes and washboards -I just got back today 3 different sizes of Kookanee--6"--13"--16-17"
    Thanks rem40xb1. Never went that way before. How long did it take from Cape Horn?
    Old ('79) Chrysler tri-hull with Minn Kota bow mount and Penn manual downriggers.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KokaneeJoe View Post
    Thanks rem40xb1. Never went that way before. How long did it take from Cape Horn?
    It took 2 hrs+

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    7

    Default Deadwood report?

    I am heading up to deadwood this weekend to fish for Kokanee, I have not fished them up there before, does anyone have any advice or tips for catching the kokanee at Deadwood? And report on the road condition from warm lake to Deadwood?

    Thanks

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by davet View Post
    I am heading up to deadwood this weekend to fish for Kokanee, I have not fished them up there before, does anyone have any advice or tips for catching the kokanee at Deadwood? And report on the road condition from warm lake to Deadwood?

    Thanks
    The usual tactics work for me up there, If ya live in the Treasure Valley I would go see the folks at Kokanee Tackle.
    I always go thru Bear Valley so have not heard about the Warm Lake route.
    I will be up there, Green Ford w/ truck camper and blue and silver Lund....look me up, ya can buy a cool one. LOL
    Scott

    Lund Pro Sport 1600
    Merc 65

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    7

    Default deadwood

    Thank riverrunner16, see what we can do. We will be in the green 18ft smokercraft flat bottom boat, swing on by is you see us, see what we can do about that cool one haha

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    16

    Default How has DW been?

    How are the fish, wife is considering pushing us up there on the 25th, curious how the road and fish are. I'm never excited dragging the 23' up there.

  10. #10

    Default deadwood

    The Kokanee should be about done at deadwood--Most fish will be getting very red

  11. #11

    Default

    Last edited by hooknhunter; 05-30-2018 at 05:49 PM.

  12. #12

    Default Deadwood road

    Quote Originally Posted by hooknhunter View Post
    Call Lohman ranger station to find out about the road at cape horn

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    64

    Default Road

    According to Deadwood Outfitters The only road open is Fir Creek. Still need 4 wheel drive to get through.
    Old ('79) Chrysler tri-hull with Minn Kota bow mount and Penn manual downriggers.

  14. #14

    Default

    Loose lips sink ships. Fishing must be awesome.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hooknhunter View Post
    Loose lips sink ships. Fishing must be awesome.
    I hope so. I am planning on going up next Monday for a few days.
    Old ('79) Chrysler tri-hull with Minn Kota bow mount and Penn manual downriggers.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •