Thread: Deadwood Road Conditions

Default Deadwood Road Conditions

Has anyone tried to go in? The turn off at cape horn still had some snow on the ground 6-11 when i drove by. I was planning on heading in next weekend.

I wish I knew... I too am interested in conditions for Deadwood. Road and fishing. If you find out anything let me know.
    Old ('79) Chrysler tri-hull with Minn Kota bow mount and Penn manual downriggers.

Quote Originally Posted by KokaneeJoe View Post
    I wish I knew... I too am interested in conditions for Deadwood. Road and fishing. If you find out anything let me know.
    Road is open at Cape Horn--The road is rough with potholes and washboards -I just got back today 3 different sizes of Kookanee--6"--13"--16-17"

Quote Originally Posted by rem40xb1 View Post
    Road is open at Cape Horn--The road is rough with potholes and washboards -I just got back today 3 different sizes of Kookanee--6"--13"--16-17"
    Thanks rem40xb1. Never went that way before. How long did it take from Cape Horn?
    Old ('79) Chrysler tri-hull with Minn Kota bow mount and Penn manual downriggers.

Quote Originally Posted by KokaneeJoe View Post
    Thanks rem40xb1. Never went that way before. How long did it take from Cape Horn?
    It took 2 hrs+

Default Deadwood report?

I am heading up to deadwood this weekend to fish for Kokanee, I have not fished them up there before, does anyone have any advice or tips for catching the kokanee at Deadwood? And report on the road condition from warm lake to Deadwood?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by davet View Post
    I am heading up to deadwood this weekend to fish for Kokanee, I have not fished them up there before, does anyone have any advice or tips for catching the kokanee at Deadwood? And report on the road condition from warm lake to Deadwood?

Thanks
    The usual tactics work for me up there, If ya live in the Treasure Valley I would go see the folks at Kokanee Tackle.
    I always go thru Bear Valley so have not heard about the Warm Lake route.
    I will be up there, Green Ford w/ truck camper and blue and silver Lund....look me up, ya can buy a cool one. LOL
    Scott

Lund Pro Sport 1600
    Merc 65

Default deadwood

Thank riverrunner16, see what we can do. We will be in the green 18ft smokercraft flat bottom boat, swing on by is you see us, see what we can do about that cool one haha

Default How has DW been?

How are the fish, wife is considering pushing us up there on the 25th, curious how the road and fish are. I'm never excited dragging the 23' up there.

Default deadwood

The Kokanee should be about done at deadwood--Most fish will be getting very red

Last edited by hooknhunter; 05-30-2018 at 05:49 PM.

Default Deadwood road

Quote Originally Posted by hooknhunter View Post
    Call Lohman ranger station to find out about the road at cape horn

Default Road

According to Deadwood Outfitters The only road open is Fir Creek. Still need 4 wheel drive to get through.

Loose lips sink ships. Fishing must be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by hooknhunter View Post
    Loose lips sink ships. Fishing must be awesome.
    I hope so. I am planning on going up next Monday for a few days.