Thread: Deadwood Road Conditions

Hybrid View

Default Deadwood Road Conditions

Has anyone tried to go in? The turn off at cape horn still had some snow on the ground 6-11 when i drove by. I was planning on heading in next weekend.

I wish I knew... I too am interested in conditions for Deadwood. Road and fishing. If you find out anything let me know.
    Old ('79) Chrysler tri-hull with Minn Kota bow mount and Penn manual downriggers.

Quote Originally Posted by KokaneeJoe View Post
    I wish I knew... I too am interested in conditions for Deadwood. Road and fishing. If you find out anything let me know.
    Road is open at Cape Horn--The road is rough with potholes and washboards -I just got back today 3 different sizes of Kookanee--6"--13"--16-17"

Quote Originally Posted by rem40xb1 View Post
    Road is open at Cape Horn--The road is rough with potholes and washboards -I just got back today 3 different sizes of Kookanee--6"--13"--16-17"
    Thanks rem40xb1. Never went that way before. How long did it take from Cape Horn?
    Old ('79) Chrysler tri-hull with Minn Kota bow mount and Penn manual downriggers.

Quote Originally Posted by KokaneeJoe View Post
    Thanks rem40xb1. Never went that way before. How long did it take from Cape Horn?
    It took 2 hrs+

Default Deadwood report?

I am heading up to deadwood this weekend to fish for Kokanee, I have not fished them up there before, does anyone have any advice or tips for catching the kokanee at Deadwood? And report on the road condition from warm lake to Deadwood?

Thanks

Default road and fishing

How is the Landmark road into Deadwood? Anyone catching any fish? Numbers? Size?

Default Thank you

Thank you for the info. You are right about the road. There was a boat and trailer on the side of the road when we came out and they hadn't reached the worst of it.

We did well yesterday. Not a limit but enough fish to be worth the trip. We caught three that had lost their scales and were pretty red. We won't be able to make another trip very soon so I think we will let them do their thing and we can catch their progeny another year.

There were lots of people camping but not many boats on the water. We caught most of ours about 20 feet down. Pink was the magic color. I am learning to use a downrigger but prefer to longline because I can feel when the fish start playing with the lure. We used a three blade flasher, a hoochie, and 2 ounces of weight.

Thanks for your info. It was spot on.
    Physion
    Last edited by Physion; 07-12-2018 at 06:58 PM.