Thread: Flaming Gorge Report 6/10

Default Flaming Gorge Report 6/10

This report is coming a little late fished the Gorge on 6/10. But I wanted to share my results from my trip. We launched out of Lucerne and where out on the water on by 7:00 am. Decided to go over by pipe line. Fishing was great and consistent as long as we were below pipe line anything above pipeline we didn't find much success. Fish were being caught from 19 feet to 50 feet. We then deiced Then we headed over to the Sheep creek area and fishing was just as good there.

One thing I did want to bring up in my report was the tackle I was using. I went to the sportsmans expo when it was here. I spoke with the owner of Kokanne Creek tackle and got some tips from him. He told me to always put a bend in the middle of your dodger. I have always had better success with pop gear and wedding ring at the gorge. But as soon as I tried putting the bend in the dodger it was night and day difference and was catching more fish than pop gear and a wedding ring. Now this might be common knowledge to a lot of people on here but I was unaware of this technique. Also the color of squids varied between pink and orange.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170610_171336.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	71.1 KB 
ID:	9059  

How was the size of the kokes at sheep creek? We've found good numbers of kokes there in the past, but they were typically smaller than we could get elsewhere so have never stuck around long.

Welcome aboard rncheni2w. Thanks for the report, sounds like the kokes are getting very active now. My dodger supply I use has addition bends, always use them that way. There are other effective ways also to catch kokes beyond the wedding ring which I might find 1 in my arsenal somewhere.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Quote Originally Posted by smokepoles View Post
    How was the size of the kokes at sheep creek? We've found good numbers of kokes there in the past, but they were typically smaller than we could get elsewhere so have never stuck around long.
    The Kokes were a little smaller but not much.