Thread: THIS WEEK

Default THIS WEEK

Gentlemen
    It's finally GO time for this old dog! Will be headed up to FG Wed returning Sun. Will be in a White "Searay" with red stripe and hopefully reeling in Kokes! IF ya see us give us a shout would love to compare notes......
    Good luck to all going out this week.

We will be there also in yellow center console fishmaster look for us too

Oldguysrule
    Hope to see you guys up there and compare notes!!!

Fishing was horrible Sunday for us, and was the same for everyone else according to the vhf. The lake is turning over right now and is a mossy mess on the North end. I've heard middle marsh and pink apex did well for a friend Sunday even with the slow conditions. Have fun

Mike
    The Experiment Requires That You Continue!

Keep us posted, guys, as I've seen few reports on how the Gorge is fishing this year. We're planning on fishing from Lucerne beginning June 19, and I hope it to be less of a mess and better catching than it sounds up north.

Tight lines.

Quote Originally Posted by smokepoles View Post
    Keep us posted, guys, as I've seen few reports on how the Gorge is fishing this year. We're planning on fishing from Lucerne beginning June 19, and I hope it to be less of a mess and better catching than it sounds up north.

Tight lines.
    Hey Chuck, sounds like your doing really good now that your surgery is behind you. Going to the Gorge is the best remedy for a full recovery that you won't find in any health plan.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Wink

Yes, I'm doing quite well though still not 100% of my strength and endurance.

I hope to be reeling in enough kokes to get some aerobic exercise

Fished it Sat. Sun. Mon Tues.. Not a lot of experience at the Gorge or with Kokees but I've been there a few times. My plan was to turn right out of buckboard by 6 A.M., find the daisy chain of boats, and join in. OOPS! No real concentration of Kokanee to be found (at least that far north) and the hyperplaid with pink hootchies wasn't very interesting to the ones we did locate. Switched to bright green flasher with a green dot glow squid and started picking up a few. Ran down as far as Holmes first day but still didn't find any concentration of Kokanee. Fished big bend area next day and had fun with Macs. Next day Middle Marsh put a few in the boat for us early but the Mac pups got troublesome so went looking for "Bows along the east side coves going south and had fun doin that. Last day ran all the way down to Rawlins Bay and put the last of our limit of Kokees in the boat under the pipeline. The breezes that usually plague afternoons at The Gorge gave us a break this trip and slick water was the norm. Had a wonderful time and my great niece got to put a lot of fish in the boat for her graduation trip.

Sounds like a great trip, thanks for the report.

Dang! I guess I failed to report.....
    First 3 days we did well on Kokes from the pipe line done to Rawlings. Interestingly enough we were catching them the first evening at 12ft down! Next day 40FT I don't know if it was the full moon or what???
    Best lure was larger size chrome flasher and pink squid.
    Last morning we hit the lake trout and ended up with 2 One at 25lbs and the second 12LB. After that we hit hideout in the middle of the day just for fun and found a few Kokes down in there but there skittish! You hit the school once and they scatter quickly....
    Anyhow sorry for the late report!