Thread: Kokanee and Mac trip for graduation

Default Kokanee and Mac trip for graduation

My great niece wanted to go fishin with me for her graduation trip! WOW! Walleyes are HOT right now in my neck of the woods but she wanted a Kokee and Mac trip. Can't say I blame her. It's been three years since I've been to the Gorge and my kokee box seems to have shrunk! I've got a couple of dodgers and a few pink hootchies and some green and white ones. I've got a chance to stop at Cheyenne and/or Rock springs to visit pick up some things likely at Sportsman's Warehouse. I've got some Mac jigging stuff but Will likely need to stock up on dodgers, squids and some lake trolls or cow bells. Suppose any of y'all could steer me toward what might be effective for Kokanee right now? Really appreciate any advice. Will get into Buckboard Crossing Fri. evening and fishing Sat. Sun. and Mon. Hope to see ya out there! Many thanks!

Corn can now be used on the Gorge recommended is shoepeg but would also recommend Berkley Asticots maggots, they come in neutral, pink, & green colors. Orange, pink squids even in micro hoochie size works well. The Fusion & Hyperplaid dodgers in 5.5 size, they also come one size smaller. There is so much to list, going to RMT site will help you decide and build a list since Sportsman's Warehouse carries their line of tackle. You should be able to visit your locals there also for these.

https://rockymountaintackle.com/
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Many thanks Bduck! The 2 dodgers I've got are a hyperplaid and a Bahama mamma. Do you know of any place in Rock springs or Green River 150 or 200 lb braid? I'd like to try changing out my cable to braid. I'm pretty sure I've got an electrical leak. Thanks!

i have a spool but i'm i slc. 25.00 plus shipping

I have been thru Green River & Rock Springs a few times only to pass thru on my way to the Gorge. If your unable to get braid for your DR's try locating a rubber snubber that attaches between cable & weight. Some Sportsman's stores carry these. This will insulate the charge from passing thru into that globe(weight). You will still have a negative charge going down the line, snubber will help prevent a large negative field of being discharge. While your idle from fishing have a wire brush handy and check all your negative electrical grounding points starting at the batteries for corrosion on to the hull and engines. Also check your engines external zinc anodes for buildup.

https://www.amazon.com/Scotty-Downri...ber+downrigger
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Thanks for the offer mtn cat. I've priced this stuff on line and that's a smoking deal. Leaving in the morning so no time to take ya up on it, Chances are I probably won't get to use my downriggers again this year. (How come I had more time to do stuff BEFORE I retired) Will use the rubber snubber tip thanks Bduck! Ive got some that go ahead of a dodger but not heavy enough for downrigger ball. Will check when I stop to shop for dodgers and squids. See ya'all out there stay safe!