Thread: Wanted to buy, downrigger weights

Default Found, no longer needed downrigger weights

I am looking for downrigger weights, preferably coated. 8 to 15 lb. esp. 12lb. I also have a 50 lb. (or so) block of quality lead for trade or pouring, located in south sound. Bob R
    Last edited by bob r; 06-02-2017 at 10:03 AM. Reason: found items, already bought

Default downrigger weights

Quote Originally Posted by bob r View Post
    I am looking for downrigger weights, preferably coated. 8 to 15 lb. esp. 12lb. I also have a 50 lb. (or so) block of quality lead for trade or pouring, located in south sound. Bob R

If you want stick weights, get a aluminum pipe, cut it down the center, it will spread a little then use hose clamps to squeeze it back together stand it up on a metal surface, melt your lead and pouring the pipe at the top insert a ss rod that kind of looks like a skinny horseshoe, let cool. weight is determined by pipe length and diameter.

For a ball weight use a styrofoam ball the size you want your downriver ball. mix up some plaster paris, cover the ball, leaving a small opening at the top to pour your lead through fill with lead then insert loop at the top.

spray with dipit or paint.
    Last edited by Ed J; 05-24-2017 at 12:47 PM.

Default downrigger weights

Quote Originally Posted by bob r View Post
    I have 2 new fish shaped 14#uncoated downrigger weights that I'd sell for $35 each...John

Where are you located Bob?
    2003 Jetcraft SK2125, Yamaha 150, Yamaha T8, 2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually

I am in Elma, WA. , just west of Olympia. Bob