Thread: Crane,wickiup,Odell report

Default Crane,wickiup,Odell report

Just finish few days up the high Lakes here in Oregon, hot crane parrie wind blew us off,that was Thursday. Friday hit Wickiup that lake is dead,dead finish at 10 am with 5 pigs not even a ripple on the lake. Saturday shot over to Odell trolled landed 13, I say a12 inch Fsh is big.started jigging landed another 30,went back on Sunday we had 75 in the box by 10 am. The go to sent was bumble tuna and corn with krill baited are jigs with corn we were in Shelter Cove cove in 80 ft directly on the bottom 1or 2 cranks up. Fshing was fantastic. Monday went back to Wickiup again not a ripple on the lake finished with 5 about 14/15 inches water temp 54 on top 51 st 5 ft 50 at 10 ft 47.5 to the bottom( 60 ft.) Problem no boat ramps at Odell just sunset we were in line at 5am lucky to find a parking spot hope this helps. Wickiup a bust. My personnel view that low water last year did a lot of damage but it is what it is. Hope this helps

Plenty of fish in Wickiup. May is always slow. By mid to late June will be game on.

Default Chukardave1

I sure hope I'm wrong chukardave my money on the water temp when some good fisherman are turning in dismale mumbers were 3/4 of the way thru the month. I can remember when we all jigged in front of gull point boat ramp. No body trolled. Water temp are perfect no Fsh. All I can do is give an honest and accurate report let folks make there opions.

Everything seems to be about two weeks behind up there based on what I have been seeing. Opening day water was 46 and we only scratched out 10 fish. Two weeks later when I went back water was up to 52-54 and we boated 45 on friday and then 24 that sunday with a boatload of young kids. Generally there is a lull after the opening week, I don't know why. That seems to be happening right now. I am headed up for the weekend and get out to fish a couple hours each morning. Usually can't fish much past 10 when we are camping as Daddy duty calls back at camp. In years past Memorial day for me up there is usually slower fishing. And it is looking like that may be this case this weekend based on what I am hearing. But fingers crossed. Been looking at some underwater camera footage from a buddy and there are quite a few fish following his gear, just not hitting it. Also bug hatches should be starting and that can slow things down. Its a fickle lake for sure.

Default Chukardave1

Thanks for the heads up we just had excellent temp no bite.