Thread: new net

Default new net

I am looking for a net for kok and trout. Have been looking at the emo brand but can't decide on the length or size of hoop. I fish out of a 16 I/2 alumacraft. What are the recommendations from the kok masters. As a side note I normally fish alone.
    JD

Default New net

I have an ego S2 slider 48" and I really enjoy it.
    I have a 1972 Starcraft falcon and room is a premium.
    My fishing partner attached a tube to stand it in in the front.
    It stands ready,and retracted it is not to tall to be in the way.
    When landing a fish we step to the rear extend the handle and net the fish
    retract the handle and it is manageable in the boat. Then return it to the tube.
    My one issue is the large bag I bought,my friend has a hard time moving it thru the water,I get along ok but it does have considerable drag as we always net under power.
    If I had it to do again I would have chosen the shallower bag as most of our work is with kokes.
    They have accessories and I just have not ponied up the 60 bucks for the shallow bag.
    As I said to start this net is very functional for our needs and feel like money well spent.
    Good luck with your search!

Thanks for the post. What you say about the larger bag was my concern about being able to handle it alone. I think a 4 foot handle will work fine, like your boat space is at a concern. I received a scotty downrigger and was trying to figure out where to mount it today. Hate to sound like I'm complaining cuz it's fun figuring where to place things so the boat is fun to fish from.

i didn't like the ego net at all , the handle can give you a nasty pinch, and the twist on handle was a no go, i went with a cummings net with a slide handle and silicon basket . like this set up a lot