Thread: Yeah! FedEx delivered my kicker.

Hybrid View

Default Yeah! FedEx delivered my kicker.

the 2017 Tohatsu 9.8 electric start is replacing the 97 8 hp Honda manual start. The 9.8 hp I think will handle the Lund 1875 crossover better with the wind we have here in Colorado. Any way need to get it on after this storm passes, and this snow melts. We need the snow bad, so no problem for me. Will post some pix later.
    CHPERDUE
    God does not subtract one minute of life for the hours spent fishing.

Congratulations ,a new kicker can make a world of difference.
    "Chance Favors A Prepared Mind"

Default Safety issues for me.

Thank you. I decided to up grade to an electric start with the longer shaft because I am no longer a young Hoss. Pulling on the starter rope is a lot more difficult these days than 10 years ago. I have to stand on the rear deck and it is a scary bent over trying to start the manual Honda. It will be nice to just push the button and go trolling. I have the iTrol and a PowrTran remote steering for it. I'm happy to have the safety of staying off that rear casting deck while bent over pulling that start rope and falling into water or back into the boat deck.
    Can't wait to get on the lakes.
    CH

That should be a great little motor. I have the merc 9.9 pro kicker on my 1775 crossover and it has been great so far.

Great decision you made. I had a Tohatsu motor carrying the Mercury brand for years. It ran like a champ but also was a pull start. I parted my ways with it when I sold my boat. My upgrade now saves my shoulder for reeling.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Thumbs up

Thanks everyone, I sure hope so. I think the electric start will be well worth it, plus the little extra power.
    Thank again .
    CH