Thread: Kokanee

Default Kokanee

I was wondering if anyone has caught any kokes on the gorge yet this year. We are headed over in a week for lake trout fishing and usually never are over there this time of year. We mostly fish the Lucerne area and I thought one day we might try for some kokes.

Better make sure the water is soft first. Pretty ugly up there today.

http://www.flaminggorgewebcams.com/w...lucernemarina1
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Got a report last week from a local that lives near me he was up trolling in the swim beach area. He caught some lakers and one koke. Word I got was some of the back bays still have some ice but main body open. This is also a good time of year for the bows to get in close to the shore lines. Lucerne launch becomes packed with shore landers catching some nice size brutes.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

weather looks OK April 6 and 7th may try it

The reports I have gotten from my Rock Springs fishing contact have said that the lake is free of ice even in the backs of bays all the way up to big bend. He even launched at Anvil yesterday. Laker fishing has been hot for him, he got a 28 on Friday, a 26 on Sunday, and a bruiser 39 yesterday. He hasn't fished for koks yet and if I was catching lakers like that I wouldn't either.

Default Turn & Burn

I feel one coming on. Getting the itch and a big enough back scratcher is not made compared to some boat time.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Quote Originally Posted by Bduck View Post
    I feel one coming on. Getting the itch and a big enough back scratcher is not made compared to some boat time.
    I am trying to talk the wife out of going to Idaho this weekend and going to the Gorge instead. If I do have to go to Idaho I may drag the boat with me and fish for some koks on Ririe though.

Word is that you can even launch at buckboard now. Not sure how much further North you can go though.
    Team:Rocky Mountain Tackle, Radical Glow, Fresh water basics, Velocity fishing.