Thread: Lucerne Marina Boat Slip Question

Default Lucerne Marina Boat Slip Question

Does anyone know the specifics of the electric cord change I heard about at the Lucerne marina slips? I need to make reservations for boat slips this summer but don't want to pay for electricity if it turns out I can't plug into it.

Thanks.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Quote Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
    Does anyone know the specifics of the electric cord change I heard about at the Lucerne marina slips? I need to make reservations for boat slips this summer but don't want to pay for electricity if it turns out I can't plug into it.

Thanks.
    I don't use the slip a lot but the last time the electricity worked good, I had to buy the right electric adapter plug from the store it would be cheper if you bought it some place else. when I find my plug I wiil take a picture of it.
    you can call them, it may be a few weeks before they are open some times some one is their Wed.
    http://www.flaminggorge.com/storage.shtml

I pull my boat out of the water and charge it at the campground that way I have more money to spent on stuff for the boat

Dave they are 30amp service you will need a standard male marine plug they are a three prong round that one of the ears are a twist lock their are several options but all of the components can be purchased at construction type electrical stores not home type the one I use on my little boat I built about 1 1/2 ft long and I carry an extension cord to plug from the power supply to my on board charger

Talked to them today. If one has a cord with the correct ends on it, ::), if one has a pigtail and an extension cord, it gets unplugged at night. The girl on the phone was siting fire code for the reason. She said that the big boats have a direct plug in type cord, power source to boat and those are okay. Pigtail and extension cord works in daylight hours only.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk