Thread: 2017 Greenpeter fishing reports

Default 2017 Greenpeter fishing reports

Just wondering if anyone has fished Greenpeter lately

I have heard some encouraging reports. The latest was fish are being caught up to 10 inches but better than that they are not the skinny snakes they have been in recent years. They are fat and healthy. 10 inch fish should be 12 by the end of summer if the food supply is there. It looks like stopping the stocking program may have helped.
    David
    A recent study has proved that women that carry a little extra weight have a much longer life expectancy than the men that point it out....

Quote Originally Posted by DLM View Post
    I have heard some encouraging reports. The latest was fish are being caught up to 10 inches but better than that they are not the skinny snakes they have been in recent years. They are fat and healthy. 10 inch fish should be 12 by the end of summer if the food supply is there. It looks like stopping the stocking program may have helped.
    Great to hear the report haven't ventured that way yet but soon will

Went to G P Thursday landed 16 kokanee & 5 trout. The kokes were averaging 10 1/2 " & have good weight to them finally you can catch fish without them falling through the net. Looks like it may be a good year. Depth 31 ' color hot pink, flow orange wedding rings.

Quote Originally Posted by oraca View Post
    Went to G P Thursday landed 16 kokanee & 5 trout. The kokes were averaging 10 1/2 " & have good weight to them finally you can catch fish without them falling through the net. Looks like it may be a good year. Depth 31 ' color hot pink, flow orange wedding rings.
    That's great to hear thanks for the report

What is the Koke limit at GP? My sister just bought a place in Springfield so GP would be a place I might swing by on a visit to my sister's place since it is less than an hour away.

Are there any guides at GP?
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Default limit,s

Kokanee 25 plus 5 trout. I have seen what I think were guides on the lake but I do not have any contact information.

Quote Originally Posted by oraca View Post
    Kokanee 25 plus 5 trout. I have seen what I think were guides on the lake but I do not have any contact information.
    If you have your own boat it is not very hard to figure it out there are a couple guides that fish that lake the other lake of my choice would be Odell about the same distance from Springfield

Default Late report

Fished Green Peter sunday May 28 from 6:30 to 10:30 AM and caught four kokanee and one rainbow...all about 10.5 to 11 inches. The kokanee were fat and firm. Used Wedding Rings w/corn at 20 to 30 feet on the downrigger. My fish finder was on the blink...corroded batteries...so I don't know where the main schools of fish, if any, were. Maybe by August the kokes will be all 13 inchers?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
    What is the Koke limit at GP? My sister just bought a place in Springfield so GP would be a place I might swing by on a visit to my sister's place since it is less than an hour away.

Are there any guides at GP?
    There is a great guide I would recommend for you leave me a message if you are interested

Been having great days the past few weeks. Near limits, fish from 10" to the largest of 13. Thermalcline is higher than the water temperature would indicate, probably from the quick warm up of the water. Fish have been indicating at 50-60 feet, but biting around 35. South shore opposite of the island has been productive from the portapotty to the west to the creek. Mini hoochies with just a touch of flash (like a small gold bead, no spinners) have been hot. Go big and you'll go home with very few fish. Fish are fat and firm, best I've seen up here in several years. Not stocking the lake appears to have turned things around. Hope this helps.

Ordered a new fish finder today from Amazon...only $39.95 with free shipping within 2 days. Can this be real? If so, plan to go back up to Green Peter on tuesday and see if it works.

Quote Originally Posted by JLPerry View Post
    Ordered a new fish finder today from Amazon...only $39.95 with free shipping within 2 days. Can this be real? If so, plan to go back up to Green Peter on tuesday and see if it works.
    No. Got the link?
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Quote Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
    No. Got the link?
    Sorry...try Amazon.

Got the new fishfinder today but unless you're a 14 year old nerd, you probably can't figure it out or use it. Screen is the size of a postage stamp and it takes a magnifying glass to see the numbers. I'm going to bite the bullet and buy another Hummingbird 8-AA set...

Regardless, tomorrow I plan to take my 5 year old grandson Christopher fishing on Green Peter, sonar or not, for his 2nd fishing trip.