Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bear Lake Spring BRATS Gathering 2017

Quote Originally Posted by liketrolling View Post
    I'm going up alone you can fish with me, will sleep in my Truck Friday night.
    Robert
    Thanks for the invite Robert. I'll see if I can get the day off work. I'll get back with you tomorrow
    I just know stuff...

I will bring some kind of tasty Dessert to have.
    Team:Rocky Mountain Tackle, Radical Glow, Fresh water basics, Velocity fishing.

It was brought to my attention we need paper plates & bowls
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Quote Originally Posted by Bduck View Post
    It was brought to my attention we need paper plates & bowls
    I have some will bring them

where is every one parking
    and what radio channel are you on, will be on the water Friday so give me a call
    Last edited by liketrolling; 04-17-2017 at 07:34 PM.

Some info on meeting time and place would be good too.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

We are working out the meeting place. It's usually held at the pavilion north end of Garden city Bear Lake state park parking lot. By 2pm we are buttoning our rigs getting ready to come together. We are finding out that we may not be able to stay over night in the parking lot at marina but will get confirmation on that. Cisco beach area may be the other option. Ch69 is the channel that will be used.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Quote Originally Posted by liketrolling View Post
    I'm going up alone you can fish with me, will sleep in my Truck Friday night.
    Robert
    Robert I got the day off so just let me know what time and where to meet you. Saturday morning.

Roger I'll bring a couple bags of chips unless there is something else you need me to bring
    I just know stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Bduck View Post
    We are working out the meeting place. It's usually held at the pavilion north end of Garden city Bear Lake state park parking lot. By 2pm we are buttoning our rigs getting ready to come together. We are finding out that we may not be able to stay over night in the parking lot at marina but will get confirmation on that. Cisco beach area may be the other option. Ch69 is the channel that will be used.
    The percentages are much higher to have to deal with wind on the East side at Cisco Beach. Besides Parking and the drive around there. Not that this is my shindig, but I would cast my vote for staying at the state Marina where there is room to park, Less wind, not dirt blowing all over and most likely, working bathrooms and a store just a mile down the road if there is any last minute needs. Anyhow, just my thought.

We all prefer to keep it at the west side park. Some park rules have gone into play since new docks and other upgrades have taken place. We want to make sure things will be ok for what we are doing. I'm also thinking we can grab those tables nestled in the trees next to parking back towards park entrance.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel

Cool Marina Update, Please read

I just talked to the State marina. The pavilion for the potluck is not open because of the construction of the new docks. No camping regardless of what the website says because of a lack of space, DUE TO CONSTRUCTION. I will be camping at Rainbow Cove. We can launch from the marina in the morning and camping / park pass paid for on the East side will cover you for launching in the marina. If we have a non wind day, , launching from the east Side will not be an issue. We will have to Pot luck it at Rainbow or the city Park. Chime in with you ideas and preferences for the pot luck location.

Everyone, Make sure AIS paperwork is current and displayed. She said that all paperwork is being checked. Includes In State Utah residents. Make sure your paper work is on the dash of your Truck if you launched a boat and have your boat trailer attached.

Last edited by gonefishing; 04-18-2017 at 02:07 PM.

Just an FYI , I have a couple of 8ft tables that I can bring up if you guys think we might need them.
    1997 Starcraft 170, Mariner 90hp ,9.9 Yamaha, Raymarine Element 9HV , Minn Kota I-Pilot

If the activities are set to be on the East side, I suggest a later meet & greet time. I'm coming to fish first and eat second.

Well........................... I am looking to come up to fish and enjoy myself. I really have no desire to drive all the way around to Rainbow to launch when my house is on the west side 10 minutes away from the state marina. I wish i had room to accommodate a gathering but i don't. The wind will most likely be an issue. It always is up there at that time of day and if it isn't, its a miracle. just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by gonefishing View Post
    I just talked to the State marina. The pavilion for the potluck is not open because of the construction of the new docks. No camping regardless of what the website says because of a lack of space, DUE TO CONSTRUCTION. I will be camping at Rainbow Cove. We can launch from the marina in the morning and camping / park pass paid for on the East side will cover you for launching in the marina. If we have a non wind day, , launching from the east Side will not be an issue. We will have to Pot luck it at Rainbow or the city Park. Chime in with you ideas and preferences for the pot luck location.

Everyone, Make sure AIS paperwork is current and displayed. She said that all paperwork is being checked. Includes In State Utah residents. Make sure your paper work is on the dash of your Truck if you launched a boat and have your boat trailer attached.

The city park is an option i guess. would just take a phone call to Garden city to ascertain if its open for use. 5 minutes from the state marina.

Unfortunately there is construction going on at the state park marina. I contacted the city park in which we can use the park. There are no fees to use the park except for the pavilion. We can set up a couple of tables which I will donate the one I have and we all can spare a chair. This will be a one time inconvenience but should work out. Parking as I was informed shouldn't be a problem.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ga...13084?hl=en-US
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel

Im great with the city park. Easy to get to, park our rigs, and should make for a better setting. Sounds great to me. Everyone else?

​City park is good with me , no problems here.
    1997 Starcraft 170, Mariner 90hp ,9.9 Yamaha, Raymarine Element 9HV , Minn Kota I-Pilot

Default WEATHER ISSUES

Weather conditions are hampering the planned gathering. Starting today and increasing over the week to Saturday 4-29 is rain & snow forecast for the mountains, valleys, and Bear L region. By Tuesday afternoon if no break in changes of weather pattern, a possible cancellation of the gathering will follow.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel

Weather report last night looked good for Saturday.
    I just know stuff...

Forecast has changed for the better. What didn't look that great this morning is now indicating the system is streaming straight across from the pacific with a weeks worth of light but steady rain breaking up Thursday and settling down. We have a go ahead with the gathering.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel

While the weather looks iffy for Saturday, I can also share that While on Bear lake Saturday fishing there is a great deal of floating crap in the water and with everytime i brought in a bait to switch out, there was reeds, moss or some kind of garbage on it. This was for sure a pain in the ass. Friday is scheduled for rain and snow. Water temps on Saturday were 44 degrees. Water clarity was off, the lake is coming up FAST with all info i have heard from locals is that BL will get to full pool this year. The lake is higher now than it has been in a long time. Not much ramp to use.

Our boat is already up there in the garage so i dont have to tow in the storm on Friday like many others will have to do. Looked at the park for the gathering and it looks great with ample room to park rigs and set up a few tables to cook on and set up with side dishes, etc.

The state parks folks were not at the Chevron set up as of yet, However they were in the Marina as always. Looks like all systems go.
    Last edited by Kokaholic; 04-23-2017 at 09:22 PM.

Weather aside, I just hope all those fish get hungry.

Pam and I are going up to the Condo on Friday. I'm just going to go slow if the weather is crappy. I'll post a road condition for you guys when we get there.

Us to Dan. Not sure what time will be up on Friday, but will be up. For those that are interested, Cafe Sabor in Garden city has a great two for one Fajita special for 15.00 Bucks. Supposed to be pretty good. Be safe.

I'm leaving here very early Friday am, getting in as much fishing time as I can. All lakes are pretty much stained and have its own crap floating. Still a lot of snow on the mountain to contribute to lake level, saw on news that a ski resort still active and going into May. I know what to expect going over the mountain pass.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast