Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bear Lake Spring BRATS Gathering 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Bduck View Post
    I'm leaving here very early Friday am, getting in as much fishing time as I can. All lakes are pretty much stained and have its own crap floating. Still a lot of snow on the mountain to contribute to lake level, saw on news that a ski resort still active and going into May. I know what to expect going over the mountain pass.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm leaving my house early Friday also, you can PM me your Cell # or call me on the radio ch 69 look for my tracker boat don't know where I will start any Ideas, will put the boat in the water at the state Park west side may be go to the east side to fish.
    I was thinking about sleeping in my truck but the Jazz are playing Friday night and I need a TV
    so I think I will get a room
    I found this The Lodge Motel Garden City, Utah PRICE PER NIGHT from $76 I have not called them or made reservations, waiting on the weather to make sure every one is going.

I put this on my boat this year, Fish Hawk x4D with Bluetooth, it tells you the water temp. at your downrigger ball and how deep the ball is and the speed at the ball
    I have fished with it about 5 time this year, but it does not seem right it may be me. so want to spend about 1 hr, playing with it before I start fishing

what time are you going to start fishing Saturday I'm thinking 6:45 AM

ABOUT 7;00 AM FOR US.
    Team:Rocky Mountain Tackle, Radical Glow, Fresh water basics, Velocity fishing.

Hi all, well due to the fact that my Chronic Bronkitus has flared up , and is giving me breathing problems Pam and I will not be making the trip to the Bear Lake Brats Gathering this weekend. I had a talk with the Dr. and he didn't recommend me going up there at this time. I'll just have to get well and go up at another time soon I hope.
    1997 Starcraft 170, Mariner 90hp ,9.9 Yamaha, Raymarine Element 9HV , Minn Kota I-Pilot

Sorry your feeling under the weather Dan, Hope you get better soon.
    Last edited by Kokaholic; 04-27-2017 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AFDan52 View Post
    Hi all, well due to the fact that my Chronic Bronkitus has flared up , and is giving me breathing problems Pam and I will not be making the trip to the Bear Lake Brats Gathering this weekend. I had a talk with the Dr. and he didn't recommend me going up there at this time. I'll just have to get well and go up at another time soon I hope.
    At our age it's more like the old prehistoric brontosaurus dinosaur that gets deep into our chests which makes its ugly appearance at the most inopportune time. Get better soon Dan, there are too many water days ahead to waste. Besides don't waste your sick leave if not going to use it for fishing. I'm on the road early Friday, not sure now where I'll will be launching from only know where Dallas parks his trailer.
    Last edited by Bduck; 04-27-2017 at 10:10 AM.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Between health and weather issues have you guys thought about rescheduling the event?

Quote Originally Posted by gorgehunter View Post
    Between health and weather issues have you guys thought about rescheduling the event?
    It is cold and windy at my house today
    I'm starting to load my boat with heater. and truck to go tomorrow leaving the house at about 3:30 am, so if they are thinking about rescheduling the event
    you need to post it fast.

Friday Garden City, UT (84028) Weather
    41°HiRealFeel® 39°Precipitation 64%
    Chilly; a morning rain or snow shower in spots followed by rain and snow showers in the afternoon
    NNW 9 mph
    Gusts: 14 mph
    Max UV Index: 4 (Moderate)
    Thunderstorms: 18%
    Precipitation: 0.08 in
    Rain: 0.07 in
    Snow: 0.2 in
    Ice: 0 in
    Hours of Precipitation: 2.5 hrs
    Hours of Rain: 2 hrs

Saturday
    Day
    45°HiRealFeel® 53°Precipitation 41%
    Periods of clouds and sunshine with a shower in spots; chilly
    N 6 mph
    Gusts: 9 mph
    Max UV Index: 7 (High)
    Thunderstorms: 20%
    Precipitation: 0.02 in
    Rain: 0.02 in
    Snow: 0 in
    Ice: 0 in
    Hours of Precipitation: 1 hrs
    Hours of Rain: 1 hrs
    Last edited by liketrolling; 04-27-2017 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gorgehunter View Post
    This has been planned for nearly 2mos now and came close to cancellation. If it gets rescheduled chances are it wouldn't work out with the Gorge activity knocking on the door. Also other lakes are opening up. Had a snow shower to just go thru, temps been dropping a little but not determent enough for change. I'm looking fwd to hitting the road tomorrow, I'll be right behind Liketrolling maybe giving him a push. Also, some are in place while others are enroute. Its a go.................
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Smile On My WAY

Plan on getting there about dinner time tonight. Will set up, put my feet up and wait for Roger in the morning. I will be rested and ready to look for the fish tomorrow. Safe travels to you all. Get better DAN.

If it does end up being 7 or 8 guys freezing their ass off in the park, consideration for future such events might include meeting at one of the dinning establishments in town where all are warm and the beer is cold.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

See you guys Saturday. I took a vacation day from work to be there. I'm not backing out.
    I just know stuff...

Well, would not be the first time i have been out fishing on the bear in a snowstorm on the soft water. Bring it on! We will be fine. Gonna get me out a nice pair of shorts to wear for the trip!

Default The Day Before

The Gathering went on. The day before as some of us attempted to fish the weather was going to have its say. We got to fish for a couple of hours on east side with no takers until the big "W" kicked in. There was the predecessor to the gathering and it was a get together at a local café. This was a good start to get the weekend going next to fishing of coarse. The food that was stacked on the table was phenomenal and the margaritas set the mood. And not to mention the fantastic company that was sitting in position to receive such a fine meal.

The day before early morning at Rainbow Cove north end of Cisco Beach

We relocated about 12miles close to marina to south end of Bear L at rendezvous beach campground as it opened this day.

The Sabor Café, a very good recommendation for some chow

Liketrolling, kokaholic, Chad, BDuck, gonefishing, SuperD - Starting closest on the left side then right
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel

Default more pics

The next morning yielded about 4" of snow, good grief some snow removal required

Rendezvous Beach

We put 3 in our boat 1 mac, 1 native 5lb cutty-released, 1 non-native cutty- Gonefishing in my boat and I stayed at his camper

Last edited by Bduck; 04-30-2017 at 11:11 AM.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel

SuperD with his boat with kokaholic manning the captain seat

Liketrolling with his boat with Petty4life

Cisco Beach

Had fun, sorry to see some couldn't make it, see ya in the fall. No skunks in any boat.
    Last edited by Bduck; 04-30-2017 at 11:13 AM.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel

Yes sir, great time and what a beautiful Day Saturday turned out to be. Fishing was great, catching was slow, but hey, that's bear lake. Great company and great times.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123