Thread: AIS at lake Powell question

Default AIS at lake Powell question

I haven't been to lake Powell in probably 20 years, but I have been thinking about making a trip down there sometime soon, where are the places to get my boat de contaminated, and what is their hours and cost? I would probably put in at bull frog, but if it's easier to get my boat cleaned somewhere else I'm flexible.. Thanks
    [SIGPIC]

I also plan on making a trip down there this year. From one of my friends that goes to Mead, he says that they do it at the Marina/ramp. I would put a call into both Bullfrog and Wahweap marina to see if that jives.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

If you are going in at bull frog the station is in the parking lot across from the gas station you can't miss it their is a mandatory stop on the way out their is no charge also they are issuing tickets if you leave with your drain plug in and they just ask a couple questions at the top of the ramp when you launch

Default AIS at Bullfrog

We spent a week on LP in mid March. As stated above, the inspection station (inspection only required when leaving, not when entering) is across the road from the corner store. The lake was down a few feet and every rock from Trachyte to the Rincon had many mussels attached. We were inspected upon leaving, primarily it seems to confirm we had pulled the drained plug and dropped both outboards to drain. They did a visual inspection of likely attachment spots on the hull, lower units and live wells, and seemed to pay particular attention when we reported we had been camping continuously on the boat the previous 4 nights. The anchor rode and bow line were both wet and the inspector suggested drying them on the driveway when we returned home. They will NOT perform a decontamination unless you are from Utah. I asked for a decontamination since we were likely to launch next at Blue Mesa, which is fortunately still clean, but since we are from Colorado they simply attached a wire seal and wished us a safe trip home. It all seems a little short sighted to me but I suppose every state is trying to cut costs. This has been the policy for the last year or two and while I always ask for a decon they always politely decline. Good luck on your visit.