Thread: 2017 Odell lake report

Default 2017 Odell lake report

Since Odell is open year round was wondering if anyone has any early reports

Default Lundtroller

The lake being at 5000 ft there has been tons of snow this year, I just called twin lake resort for reservations for Wickiup was informed 4/5 ft of snow only way in is snowmobile. Entrance into Wickiup might be in question for late April opener. ODELL'sPrince creek camp grounds, Sunset campgrounds are never plowed so unless they plow the resort there can't be much going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Lund troller View Post
    Since Odell is open year round was wondering if anyone has any early reports
    As of a week ago the lake was mostly frozen over! (not to mention the snow) Early fishing access likely to be limited to the resort boat ramps

Quote Originally Posted by oldranger View Post
    As of a week ago the lake was mostly frozen over! (not to mention the snow) Early fishing access likely to be limited to the resort boat ramps
    Just got off the phone with shelter cove and said that there's a thin layer of ice around the edges ramp is plowed I don't usually start fishing till opening day but being open year round now getting the Kokanee gitters thanks for the reports

Went to Odell Sat the 29th was hard to find the fish finally located some schools near the slide that were bitters came home with 19 not bad for a day trip for two people lost about 5 or 6 great weather

Default Odell

Thanks for the heads up/ just going to be a little later season,Wickiup is at a crawl also need so higher Water temp.

Quote Originally Posted by mrmike View Post
    Thanks for the heads up/ just going to be a little later season,Wickiup is at a crawl also need so higher Water temp.
    Going to Odell 5/20 does anyone have any info or reports thanks

Went to Odell 5/20 holy morning bites great jigging had 25 for two people by 630 bite was really short for not having much sunlight kinda weird but that's Kokanee for you used 1/2 ounce jigs casting and retrieving didn't have time to put corn on great day finished with 44 at around noon I guess it's true what they say you snooze you lose going back for memorial day weekend hope the fishing will be the same I am going to fish with people who have never jigged before ohh man are they in for a great time

Default Odell

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum. I'm having a big family trip to Odell next weekend for four days. Haven't been since last summer would appreciate any info on what's going on up there. Is jigging still good? Any size or color that's been working? Anything to George odds. Thanks in advance for any info.

Default Time to fsh/ Odell

Made 3 trips fishing been very good. Ok need to get p line 3/4 jigs Orange/white. West end of lake Shelter Cove 80 ft. Of water tip jigs corn tuna scent, West end by trapper creek boat ramp out from ramp. Kokanee fishing been great 3 cranks off bottom. Spinner reel trout pole. Your welcome.P line jigs have red trbble hooks they are killers there throwing cribble Herring (pink) for surface jumpers working well. I pick the jigs up at Dicks/ p Line been working sweet. We been limiting the boat every trip.
    Last edited by mrmike; 06-18-2017 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrmike View Post
    Made 3 trips fishing been very good. Ok need to get p line 3/4 jigs Orange/white. West end of lake Shelter Cove 80 ft. Of water tip jigs corn tuna scent, West end by trapper creek boat ramp out from ramp. Kokanee fishing been great 3 cranks off bottom. Spinner reel trout pole. Your welcome.P line jigs have red trbble hooks they are killers there throwing cribble Herring (pink) for surface jumpers working well. I pick the jigs up at Dicks/ p Line been working sweet. We been limiting the boat every trip.
    Thanks for the report going for nine days July 4th week I usually troll that time of year will have to check out the jigging also thanks

Went to Odell on the 21st started out jigging and ended up trolling left with 32 had a great time fished with people who have never been Kokanee fishing before fish are still only 11 - 12 inches about the same size when we went on memorial day weekend not sure what is going on I hope it doesn't have anything to do with the parasites that I am finding in the gillplates of every fish caught will take some fish heads to ODFW in Adair village Monday or Tuesday next week and find out has anyone else seen this before maybe on the fish but actually in the gillplates

Default Lund troller

Great to hear you had a successful trip./ I shot up a week prior, We tried jigging( no shortage of fsh),just wouldn't bite. Trolled and put 12 in the Boat. About the same next day. The algie bloom I think had the Fsh off the bite. We stayed at Prince creek campground. The mosquitoes were so bad we left early. Good to hear you had a great trip. Sure isn't a shortage of Fsh.

Saweeeeeeeeet report! Looks like the lake is still fishing well. Many other lakes have closed access and huge fines for trying to launch. Hope it's all open soon!
    "The Fish Whisperer" 21' Alexis Classic Thunder Jet