Thread: Cannon Digital Troll downrigger bases

Default Cannon Digi Troll downrigger bases

I was checking to see if folks have had any trouble towing with downriggers on the boat. I'm running digitrolls with the standard Cannon swivel and mounting bases mounted on my gunnels. Bolted in and not on rails. Just don't want to look in the mirror and see my bouncing downrigger take out a Lexus and ruin a decent day of fishing.

Thanks
    Last edited by Williep99; 02-04-2017 at 11:02 PM.

i don't travel with my down riggers mounted ,i just pull them from the bases stow them that way there is no doubt weather
    er they are there or not.

I travel with mine mounted (4) and they don't budge. If you were feeling paranoid, you could always tie a tether on them. One of my buddies uses small cable bike locks to lock the downrigger to the base for theft prevention. I had my travel cover specifically made to cut out around my bases so that I could travel with the downriggers mounted.

Last edited by SuperD; 02-05-2017 at 09:43 AM.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

I don't travel with my down riggers mounted. After the end of fishing day I slide them out of its bases so its won't be in a way at the boat dock. I have the other boat that I travel with the DR mounted if I'm on pave road, I'll take them out when I tow my boat on dirt road (such as Scott mountain road to Deadwood reservoir).
    '92 Gray/Red Crestliner 130HP I/O Mercruiser, 9.9HP Honda kicker

Default Williep99

I run with my DR mounted. Never had an issue, I have 4 Cannon elec, I had special mounts welded on my sled so I can completely remove everything off my gunnels. That may interfer/snag with a salmon net.