Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 338

Thread: 2017 Lucky Peak Reservoir Kokanee Fishing Report

  1. #26

    Default First day on Friday

    Got the boat ready this past week. Heading up tomorrow morning for my first day of the 2017 season. Going to be COLD!!

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Meridian, Idaho
    Posts
    25

    Default Good luck

    I won't be out until next week. Make sure you leave some .

  3. #28

    Default Fished on Friday

    Went out on Friday (yesterday). Long and short of it is that I didn't boat any. I had a few on that may have been Kokes....They fought hard....but who knows. I did boat several large trout, the biggest being 17 inches. I think that I may switch to a larger size hook, maybe that will help them stay on longer. Any suggestions on hook size?? I know I haven't been using the largest ones that comes with either the Hoochies or Wedding Rings, so I think I will step up the size. Not sure what the size numbers are..... the packages they come in doesn't say. Got the most hits on a Green Wedding Ring with a pink blade, and an Orange Hoochie at about 10 feet. Water temp at the dam was 35.6. Didn't really mark all that many fish, and those that showed up on the FF were at about 40 feet or so. I chased them down there with the down rigger....but no takers.

    I launched at Spring Shores and headed to the dam. There was a large ice flow near the silver pipe, but plenty of room to pass through on the west side near the shore. HOWEVER..... on the way back, the flow had completely blocked the way back to Spring Shores. I ended having to break through about 2 inches of ice....for about 100 feet. Slow going for a while. Kind of unnerving for a glass boat with a jet drive. But, thankfully, everything worked out. Just took my time and kept moving forward. I won't launch at Spring Shores till all of the ice is gone.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Meridian, Idaho
    Posts
    25

    Default Good report

    Thanks for the update. Were any docks in the water? I was hoping to get my new FF mounted but couldn't get to it today and tomorrow ain't looking good. Did get my trailer posts mounted though. That alone is going to help family angst at the ramp when the wind is blowing.

  5. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pauli View Post
    Went out on Friday (yesterday). Long and short of it is that I didn't boat any. I had a few on that may have been Kokes....They fought hard....but who knows. I did boat several large trout, the biggest being 17 inches. I think that I may switch to a larger size hook, maybe that will help them stay on longer. Any suggestions on hook size?? I know I haven't been using the largest ones that comes with either the Hoochies or Wedding Rings, so I think I will step up the size. Not sure what the size numbers are..... the packages they come in doesn't say. Got the most hits on a Green Wedding Ring with a pink blade, and an Orange Hoochie at about 10 feet. Water temp at the dam was 35.6. Didn't really mark all that many fish, and those that showed up on the FF were at about 40 feet or so. I chased them down there with the down rigger....but no takers.

    I launched at Spring Shores and headed to the dam. There was a large ice flow near the silver pipe, but plenty of room to pass through on the west side near the shore. HOWEVER..... on the way back, the flow had completely blocked the way back to Spring Shores. I ended having to break through about 2 inches of ice....for about 100 feet. Slow going for a while. Kind of unnerving for a glass boat with a jet drive. But, thankfully, everything worked out. Just took my time and kept moving forward. I won't launch at Spring Shores till all of the ice is gone.
    #2 hook will really help

  6. #31

    Default

    I'll try the #2 hooks. Thanks for the advice. As of Friday I didn't see any docks in the water. Looks like they were rebuilding the docks at Spring Shores. Plenty of old decking planks in piles up in the parking lot.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    6

    Default Whats going on?

    Has anyone been up there this week? Was thinking about giving it a shot this weekend. How's the ramps, is the ice gone, anybody catching anything?

  8. #33

    Default

    I would have been up, but last Saturday, I Started my boat and there was,water filling the bilge. It is in the shop and it popped a freezr plug. I winterized with antifreeze AND put two work lights in the engine compartment. At a minimum Im looking at 1k if nothing else is,wrong. Hopefully weekend after this I will be back in the water.

  9. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crappieslayer View Post
    I would have been up, but last Saturday, I Started my boat and there was,water filling the bilge. It is in the shop and it popped a freezr plug. I winterized with antifreeze AND put two work lights in the engine compartment. At a minimum Im looking at 1k if nothing else is,wrong. Hopefully weekend after this I will be back in the water.
    What rating of antifreeze did you use? Will it really be that much to replace a plug if that's all that happened? Now I'm scared to start my motor...

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    219

    Default LP boat ramp as Mar.06-2017

    Quote Originally Posted by goodclean View Post
    Has anyone been up there this week? Was thinking about giving it a shot this weekend. How's the ramps, is the ice gone, anybody catching anything?
    I drove by Turner Gulch and Spring Shore last Monday 03/06/17. No boat docks in the water. Little patch of ice in Spring shore and probably gone by now. I called Ada Parks and Waterways left a message about the boat dock but they haven't call back yet.
    Good luck fishing.




    Small patch of ice by Spring Shore Marine 03/06/17
    '92 Gray/Red Crestliner 130HP I/O Mercruiser, 9.9HP Honda kicker

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crappieslayer View Post
    I would have been up, but last Saturday, I Started my boat and there was,water filling the bilge. It is in the shop and it popped a freezr plug. I winterized with antifreeze AND put two work lights in the engine compartment. At a minimum Im looking at 1k if nothing else is,wrong. Hopefully weekend after this I will be back in the water.
    Hopefully that only freezer plug popped.
    I bought RV antifreeze (-50deg. F) at Walmart to fill the engine block and exhaust manifold, my boat engine takes 2 gallons. I haven't start my boat yet...
    '92 Gray/Red Crestliner 130HP I/O Mercruiser, 9.9HP Honda kicker

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Meridian, Idaho
    Posts
    25

    Default Freeze plug

    Good luck and I hope it isn't severe. This is where I love my outboard, much less to winterize.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    33

    Default Gave it a go Thursday

    Water temp was 37 degrees, Water levels is down as evidenced by the picture above. Current is going through pretty quick and water is Murky. Tried everything in the tackle box for trout or kokes and nothing after 4 hours. Did mark some around the Spring shores marina. All the marks were about 12-18 feet deep. All the ice is off as far as we encountered.
    1985 grey and black Aquaglass Bass boat 16.5 ft 115 horse mercury.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Nampa
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Had the boat out last Sunday for a few hours trying to work out the kinks from an offseason of changes and additions. Had a couple take downs that turned into cornless hooks but no fish. I wasn't sure where there was ice so hung close to the dam and I haven't fished down there much. Looks like the lake is about 6-7 feet lower now but I'm excited to get back out this coming Sunday and hit a few of the more trusted areas to hopefully put a fish or two on the BBQ! Would like to hear if there are fish being caught Saturday!

  15. #40

    Default 3/11/17

    Went up to lucky peak yesterday and gave it a shot. Bought a new truck and had to see how it pulled the boat. Launched from spring shores. Printed a lot of fish around the marina. Bite was spotty throughout the whole day and the wind was blowing most of the day. Ended up catching 5 kokes, threw back a dink and also caught 3 chinook. Kokes where 14-15" fish...come fall there is going to be some "pigs" being caught! Purple hoochie was the color they where after with a uv dodger. Tried green and wedding rings but didn't get a single hit on those setups. 5-15 feet deep. Water was the color of chocolate milk due to run-off. Lots of boats on the water but i didnt see any other boats net any fish. Still very early in the season but can't complain with bringing home 4 nice fish!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170311_180501.jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	72.0 KB 
ID:	8934

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Meridian, Idaho
    Posts
    25

    Thumbs up Very nice

    Quote Originally Posted by Addicted2Kokes View Post
    Went up to lucky peak yesterday and gave it a shot. Bought a new truck and had to see how it pulled the boat. Launched from spring shores. Printed a lot of fish around the marina. Bite was spotty throughout the whole day and the wind was blowing most of the day. Ended up catching 5 kokes, threw back a dink and also caught 3 chinook. Kokes where 14-15" fish...come fall there is going to be some "pigs" being caught! Purple hoochie was the color they where after with a uv dodger. Tried green and wedding rings but didn't get a single hit on those setups. 5-15 feet deep. Water was the color of chocolate milk due to run-off. Lots of boats on the water but i didnt see any other boats net any fish. Still very early in the season but can't complain with bringing home 4 nice fish!
    D
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170311_180501.jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	72.0 KB 
ID:	8934
    Nice batch of fish . How big were the cohos? That could be an awesome bonus in a year or two.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Nampa
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Addicted2Kokes View Post
    Went up to lucky peak yesterday and gave it a shot. Bought a new truck and had to see how it pulled the boat. Launched from spring shores. Printed a lot of fish around the marina. Bite was spotty throughout the whole day and the wind was blowing most of the day. Ended up catching 5 kokes, threw back a dink and also caught 3 chinook. Kokes where 14-15" fish...come fall there is going to be some "pigs" being caught! Purple hoochie was the color they where after with a uv dodger. Tried green and wedding rings but didn't get a single hit on those setups. 5-15 feet deep. Water was the color of chocolate milk due to run-off. Lots of boats on the water but i didnt see any other boats net any fish. Still very early in the season but can't complain with bringing home 4 nice fish!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170311_180501.jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	72.0 KB 
ID:	8934
    I would have loved at 4 fish day! We got one in the box today but it was SLOW. Saw 1 other fish caught and heard about 1 more...the one we got was just under 15" so that is encouraging for what's to come!

    Marked some good masses of fish all within a mile of spring shores but fish finder was blank when we had our couple hits...water was 39 degrees or less all day so we didn't figure they'd be too active. Slow day on the boat beats any day at work so you won't hear me complain!
    "Green Guppy"- Old boat, Older motor...full fish box (I hope)

  18. #43

    Default

    Thanks! One was 7" and one was 8". I wish I woulda took pictures of them. Wanted to get them back in the water....but I will next time we are out and catch one. Thought it was a trout untill I got it in the boat and it had the v-tail like a koke does but the adapost fin was clipped and that was a dead give away it was one of the planted chinook. But I agree, can't wait untill they get bigger!

  19. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AkAngler View Post
    I would have loved at 4 fish day! We got one in the box today but it was SLOW. Saw 1 other fish caught and heard about 1 more...the one we got was just under 15" so that is encouraging for what's to come!

    Marked some good masses of fish all within a mile of spring shores but fish finder was blank when we had our couple hits...water was 39 degrees or less all day so we didn't figure they'd be too active. Slow day on the boat beats any day at work so you won't hear me complain!

    Well ones better than none! At least u got some action in! Yeah it will be a lot better once conditions improve: water level, water clarity etc.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    219

    Default Portable Boat Dock Status?

    Were portable boat docks in the water at Spring shore and Turner Gulch? Just wonder if Park & Waterway repair boat dock at Turner Gulch.
    '92 Gray/Red Crestliner 130HP I/O Mercruiser, 9.9HP Honda kicker

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Nampa
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fish4kok View Post
    Were portable boat docks in the water at Spring shore and Turner Gulch? Just wonder if Park & Waterway repair boat dock at Turner Gulch.
    Not at Spring Shores and I didn't really look yesterday but they weren't at Turner Gulch last week
    "Green Guppy"- Old boat, Older motor...full fish box (I hope)

  22. #47

    Default

    Must be one heck of a snow pack they are worried about. It may be another month before things get settled.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	water.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	43.9 KB 
ID:	8937

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AkAngler View Post
    Not at Spring Shores and I didn't really look yesterday but they weren't at Turner Gulch last week
    Thank AkAngler. Last week I called the Ada Parks & Waterways asking about those portable boat docks. The clerk told me the dock at Turner Gulch is broken and that need to be repaired, she didn't when... she also said the dock at Spring shore I need to call Army Engineering Corp for the status. Hopefully I'll have some free time this week to fish @ LP.
    '92 Gray/Red Crestliner 130HP I/O Mercruiser, 9.9HP Honda kicker

  24. #49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AkAngler View Post
    Not at Spring Shores and I didn't really look yesterday but they weren't at Turner Gulch last week


    We didn't go down to the dam. Water was very muddy so we stuck around spring shores and the portable dock was out of the water on Saturday.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Addicted2Kokes View Post
    We didn't go down to the dam. Water was very muddy so we stuck around spring shores and the portable dock was out of the water on Saturday.
    Thank Addicted2Kokes! With the Boise river current flows @ Glenwood Bridge 7650 CFS, I think it will take a while before they put the portable boat dock in the water.
    Nice size of the fish that you caught. Congratulation.
    '92 Gray/Red Crestliner 130HP I/O Mercruiser, 9.9HP Honda kicker

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •