Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Lucky Peak Reservoir Kokanee Fishing Report

fished lucky peak Monday. launched at turners. strong winds all morning. made it difficult to troll. fished towards spring shores as far as the first dogleg to the left. water is real murky the closer to0 spring you get. not to bad by the dam but not real clear either. we only boated 1 kokanee and 1 rainbow.

[QUOTE=fish4kok;60390]Thank Addicted2Kokes! With the Boise river current flows @ Glenwood Bridge 7650 CFS, I think it will take a while before they put the portable boat dock in the water.
    Nice size of the fish that you caught. Congratulation.
    [/QUOTE)
    Thanks, it's goona be a great year with nice fish! Good luck to you this season!

Took the grandson (4 yrs) out for a quick trip Tue afternoon in my 14' Gregor (having a cover made for my Hewescraft). Nice day but a little windy; water was 38.2 deg. Lost one on a night crawler right off the Spring Shores launch ramp. Spoke to another fisherman who caught (and released) several small chinook. Just good to be on the water again!
    White 18' Hewescraft, 115 and 8 hp Yamaha

Default LP fill up

They're surely fill up the reservoir, 6' raise in 4 days with water discharge 7600 CFS that measure at Glenwood bridge.

https://waterdata.usgs.gov/id/nwis/uv?site_no=13201500

Last edited by fish4kok; 03-17-2017 at 01:53 PM. Reason: add link
    '92 Gray/Red Crestliner 130HP I/O Mercruiser, 9.9HP Honda kicker

Wish they'd put the portable dock at the waterline...I know it would require moving it almost every day at the current rate but I can't launch without it.

Quote Originally Posted by formulaben View Post
    Wish they'd put the portable dock at the waterline...I know it would require moving it almost every day at the current rate but I can't launch without it.
    Dock is broke.they are trying to fix it. I launched fine and beached boat on left side of ramp
    team Zigzag

Default The Idaho State Parks Passport

Can anyone tell me if the ID State Parks Passport covers launch fees at Turner Gulch launch ramp ?

Quote Originally Posted by nepetbutler View Post
    Dock is broke.they are trying to fix it. I launched fine and beached boat on left side of ramp
    Yeah, I'm talking about the one at Spring Shores. I was told Turner Gulch had a broken dock and at Spring Shores they aren't moving it because they already got caught out with fast rising water a few weeks ago which floated it and they had to go retrieve it which was far easier said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by AlbacoreShuffle View Post
    Can anyone tell me if the ID State Parks Passport covers launch fees at Turner Gulch launch ramp ?
    No, it does not.

Turner Gulch Parking service by the The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers so the ID State Parks Passport doesn't cover for launch and parking fee. If you have the National Parks and Federal Recreation Land Pass that will be free at Tuner Gulch but it won't work at Spring Shore Marina. If you're 62 years old you can get a life time senior pass for about $20.
    More info:
    https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/boise...telprdb5353054

Quote Originally Posted by nepetbutler View Post
    Did you catch any Kok bro.?

Default Benefits of no docks

Enjoy the bright side. Nobody is blocking access (the ramps) by misusing the docks. I almost hope they leave them out all year.

Now that we got the docks all figuired out, lol. Anybody catching any fish?

I did a quick trip out there yesterday to check the dock at SS and get a fishing report. Only talked to 1 who just came in and said they got skunked. No bites at all.

Default That may have been me

Quote Originally Posted by formulaben View Post
    I did a quick trip out there yesterday to check the dock at SS and get a fishing report. Only talked to 1 who just came in and said they got skunked. No bites at all.
    I was at Spring Shores, got the big skunk on the first trip of the year. Water ranged from 39 to 42 degrees, a fair amount of wood debris throughout. Marked a lot of fish but no takers. Boat ran great though as did the new fish finder.

Bill
    2005 Blue Lund Pro V 1900, 200 Merc main, 9.9 Merc kicker, too much other stuff. Yell and say hi...

Quote Originally Posted by Williep99 View Post
    2005 Blue Lund Pro V 1900, 200 Merc main, 9.9 Merc kicker, too much other stuff. Yell and say hi...
    Yup, that was you. Good to meet ya, Bill.

Went to LP this afternoon for testing the TR-1 Garmin Autopilot and fishing couple hours. The remote TR-1 is working very good, I really like it.
    No portable boat dock at Turner Gulch, water is muddy @ 42 deg., lake level is 62' down, few drift woods on the lake. Fish from 3:30PM ~ 5:30 from Pipeline Gulch back to the dam and no bite at all, 2 long line poles 1 DR with vary in depth. Talked to few fishermen and none get any hit.

Default Spring shores portable dock in the water today at 3PM

Dock is in the water. No fish in the water however? Tried today 3 hours no bite. Water is so murky the lure vanished at 6 inches below the surface. Try another lake for a while.
    1985 grey and black Aquaglass Bass boat 16.5 ft 115 horse mercury.

Default Arrowrock

At least Arrowrock is getting a quality enema .

Default Bass in Lucky Peak ?

Is it worth my time to throw a few bugs or worms to try and catch bass at Lucky Peak ?
    I have never heard or seen anyone bass fishing there.

Is it worth my time to throw a few bugs or worms to try and catch bass at Lucky Peak ?
    Good question? I have caught bass by accident while trolling close to the shore line, but have never targeted them.
    White 1875 Lund Impact & Scotty downriggers

Default Bass at LP

There are very large Smallmouth bass in lucky peak--6lb+
    Try the area to the east of spring shores where the narrow section starts--Early there are some big ones just east of the boat ramp in the sandy area
    Ross

Quote Originally Posted by rem40xb1 View Post
    There are very large Smallmouth bass in lucky peak--6lb+
    Try the area to the east of spring shores where the narrow section starts--Early there are some big ones just east of the boat ramp in the sandy area
    Ross
    Thanks for the info.
    That is going to be our back up plan for the slow days when we cant buy a kok bite.

Default Still Pea Soup??

Any one been up to the reservoir lately??? Has the recent rain made the visibility even worse??

Default Muddy!

Still really mudded up and quite a bit of debris but was a beautiful day out there! Didn't catch or see any caught but really wasn't expecting much action
    "Green Guppy"- Old boat, Older motor...full fish box (I hope)

Default NEW

Hi Everyone, new member here, lived her 58 years and just getting into chasing these critters here. Any advice for a newby on early season gear and tactics. Yes I know a broad wide open question but you never learn if you don'r ask. I have a 22 for ThunderJet down rigger and electric and gas kickers. Thanks a ton and I hope I get to meet some of you up there fishing...

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast