Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Lucky Peak Reservoir Kokanee Fishing Report

Quote Originally Posted by DEALMKR View Post
    The Marina Launch & Water Level Boys?
    At the marina the portable dock is in place (or was) to use to launch. The water will be rising pretty quickly over the coming days so launching shouldn't be an issue!
    "Green Guppy"- Old boat, Older motor...full fish box (I hope)

Default Thank You!

For the response.

How was fishing yesterday with quickly rising water? Just curious if it impacted the fishing at all or not?
    "Green Guppy"- Old boat, Older motor...full fish box (I hope)

Default Looked like it was going to get windy yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by AkAngler View Post
    How was fishing yesterday with quickly rising water? Just curious if it impacted the fishing at all or not?
    So we decided to wait for a week.

Sunday the wind blew all the driftwood into the left side of the portable boat ramp making it useless, Rangers tried to clear it but there was too much wood blown in.

Default My Gut Was Right About Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by mcbobie View Post
    Sunday the wind blew all the driftwood into the left side of the portable boat ramp making it useless, Rangers tried to clear it but there was too much wood blown in.
    I will wait for higher water and better weather for this
    Coming weekend.

Thanks for the info.

Default Where are the Kok? :)

Fished today from noon til 4:30PM, caught 3 trout on the long line pole and released them all, no kok. We troll by the dam couple times then go straight to Gooseneck Bay. There was 1 boat there and fishermen caught only 2 trout.
    Talked to couple at the boat dock when we load our boat, they caught 10 Kok by the dam area. DR 30' deep.
    We did good on Kok last Wednesday but not today. The level raise so quick, more than a foot/day and the water is murky. https://waterdata.usgs.gov/id/nwis/uv?site_no=13201500
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LP_Water_Level.jpg 
Views:	373 
Size:	121.7 KB 
ID:	9016   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LP_boat_dock.jpg 
Views:	401 
Size:	155.1 KB 
ID:	9017  
    Last edited by fish4kok; 05-16-2017 at 08:56 AM.
    '92 Gray/Red Crestliner 130HP I/O Mercruiser, 9.9HP Honda kicker

Fished LP on Monday from 9 to noon near the dam. Caught 2 kokes, 14-15". Both on pink hoochies and dodgers. One at 10' deep, the other while letting out the pole. Beautiful morning when we started, but then the wind came up and it cooled off (and the bite stopped for us). Lots of debris in the water. Only one side of the dam launch ramp open due to all the debris.
    White 18' Hewescraft, 115 and 8 hp Yamaha

WOW, thanks for the picture, fish4kok! I might have to rethink my weekend plans...

Default Kokanee Tournament this weekend

I was out on another site and saw SWIF is hosting a Tournament this weekend, not sure how many will be attending but I thought I'd let you guys know. Might be busier than usual.

Default SWIF Tournament

For what it's worth, it's done at noon...

https://www.facebook.com/events/707100872805449

Quote Originally Posted by formulaben View Post
    For what it's worth, it's done at noon...

https://www.facebook.com/events/707100872805449
    I like that picture of that Wallowa Lake Kokanee

Quote Originally Posted by formulaben View Post
    WOW, thanks for the picture, fish4kok! I might have to rethink my weekend plans...
    The storm from yesterday might clear some of the debris.:) Hope they will clear all the drift wood at the portable boat dock. Weekend forecast will be sunny and 70+, there will be a lot of boats on the reservoir.

Default Spring Shores Docks

Can someone tell me how many sections of the main dock system are afloat at Spring Shores? Thanks and keep your tips up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentchaken View Post
    Can someone tell me how many sections of the main dock system are afloat at Spring Shores? Thanks and keep your tips up.
    I launched this morning and there was 2 docks in the water.

Default Spring Shores Docks

Thanks for the info. I need 3+ sections of dock to launch. How was fishing?

Quote Originally Posted by Kentchaken View Post
    Thanks for the info. I need 3+ sections of dock to launch. How was fishing?
    One dock only had one section and the other had 3 if my memory serves me right.
    There was 3 boats tied up to it at one point.

Fishing was slow. We were participating in a Kokanee Tournament hosted by SWIF.
    Out of 46 boats only 13 caught fish.
    I had engine trouble and only fished for an hour. I was one of the boats that got skunked. lol

I fished for 2-3 hours on Saturday. Arrived around 10 ish, pulled out around noon or 1. Didn't pay that much attention to time. Fished near the dam. Hooked up once and got it to the side of the boat where it came off. Didn't talk to anyone who actually caught a fish. The one hook up was on an orange wedding ring. Not sure of depth as I was letting line out when it hit. Around 20 feet I think. Was around 13 inches.

Default I'm Looking For A Used 9.9 Elec Start 4 Stroke Kicker

And I have a Yamaha non tiller 4 stroke 9.9 partial trade if anyone can help me. I need a long shaft.
    Thanks
    Last edited by DEALMKR; 05-22-2017 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DEALMKR View Post
    And I have a Yamaha non tiller 4 stroke 9.9 partial trade if anyone can help me. I need a long shaft.
    Thanks
    Non-tiller? So it ties into your steering wheel only with a remote throttle control? I never knew they made a small motor without a tiller.

Default Yes you can have a separate throttle control

For your kicker so no need for a tiller handle and
    Elec start and power tilt as well. I'm thinking about
    Going with a Tohatsu 9.8 4 stroke as my Kicker.
    No tiller handle. Control/Start from my console. 5 yr
    Warranty. Indian Creek in Kuna
    Last edited by DEALMKR; 05-22-2017 at 08:01 PM.

Default Few pic. from Sat. May 20 -2017

Fished yesterday, Mon 5/22 from 10:00AM til 3:15PM. It's was slow, a lot of changing lures and fishing depth. Caught 2 trout and 2 Kok, kept a 14" kok and released the rest. It was a nice day and there were few boats in the dam area but didn't see much action. Water temp. 55 deg. and murky, the water level dropping again about 3'.
    Gladly my boat safety inspection is done for this year at Tuner Gulch Parking lot.

Below are few picture that wife took on Sat 5/20 while we drove by LP and Spring Shore Marina. There were many boats trolling by the dam for SWIF Tournament, wife said it look like US Fleets on South China Sea :). At SS Parking lot there were many fishermen happy with their Kok & Trout bagged. Talked to couple fishermen they said fish were right on the top:) Yeah right! :)
    A nice shot was mom and daughters walk along highway 21 to pick up trashes when we heading back to Boise.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SWIF_1347.jpg 
Views:	371 
Size:	188.4 KB 
ID:	9042   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SWIF_1393.jpg 
Views:	380 
Size:	184.9 KB 
ID:	9043   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SWIF_1392.jpg 
Views:	387 
Size:	194.0 KB 
ID:	9044   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SWIF_1398.jpg 
Views:	373 
Size:	202.2 KB 
ID:	9045   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trash-pickup-alongside_HW21_1401.jpg 
Views:	363 
Size:	236.9 KB 
ID:	9046  

Last edited by fish4kok; 05-23-2017 at 03:28 PM. Reason: typo error

Default Troll Motor

Quote Originally Posted by fish4kok View Post
    Fished yesterday, Mon 5/22 from 10:00AM til 3:15PM. It's was slow, a lot of changing lures and fishing depth. Caught 2 trout and 2 Kok, kept a 14" kok and released the rest. It was a nice day and there were few boats in the dam area but did see much action. Water temp. 55 deg. and murky, the water level dropping again about 3'.
    Gladly my boat safety inspection is done for this year at Tuner Gulch Parking lot.

Below are few picture that wife took on Sat 5/20 while we drove by LP and Spring Shore Marina. There were many boats trolling by the dam for SWIF Tournament, wife said it look like US Fleets on South China Sea :). At SS Parking lot there were many fishermen happy with their Kok & Trout bagged. Talked to couple fishermen they said fish were right on the top:) Yeah right! :)
    A nice shot was mom and daughters walk along highway 21 to pick up trashes when we heading back to Boise.
    I have a Mini Kota Power Drive 40 PD Like new used two seasons I see refurbished ones are around $500 make me a offer

So fish LP for the first time this year. Not very good for me, tried different Dodgers, scents and depth from 5 to 30 feet. No love Water was muddy could only see about 3 feet. Talk to two guys that said they had 6. They were fishing at 30 feet Hoping it picks up.

Default I'm looking forward to full clearer water with dock space

Hopefully by the end of June.

20 Ft Marlin Center Console
    175 Yamaha Tohatsu 9.8Hp Electric Start 4-S

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast