Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: 2017 Lucky Peak Reservoir Kokanee Fishing Report

Nice catch on Tuesday, Nepetbutler! Were you at Arrowrock again or Lucky Peak? I'm heading up Thursday weather permitting. Mike

Arrowrock .got those from 10-3
    team Zigzag

Default Turner launch

Anyone been up to LP lately? I'm wondering if the Turner ramp is still in the water. The last time I was up there, a few weeks ago, the ramp was still in the water....but the trailer backed off the end of the concrete into the abyss. Apparently the Arrowrock road is really bad....so I thought LP might be in order.

Pauli

Quote Originally Posted by Pauli View Post
    Anyone been up to LP lately? I'm wondering if the Turner ramp is still in the water. The last time I was up there, a few weeks ago, the ramp was still in the water....but the trailer backed off the end of the concrete into the abyss. Apparently the Arrowrock road is really bad....so I thought LP might be in order.

Pauli
    Pauli,

Do you ever go to Anderson? Did okay there in the last few weeks. You might find it worth the extra driving.

Quote Originally Posted by hooknhunter View Post
    Pauli,

Do you ever go to Anderson? Did okay there in the last few weeks. You might find it worth the extra driving.
    Yes...we have been to Anderson a few times this season. We did pretty well... I'm just not into that long drive. Now, since the days are shorter, I would want to leave the house even earlier in the morning. Either of the 3 reservoirs seems to have me driving through Boise during commuting hours. After a day of fishing....that's a drag.

Pauli

Quote Originally Posted by Pauli View Post

Pauli
    I went to LP on Sunday afternoon and launched at Turner. The ramp was still in the water and I didn't have any issues. Took my 5 year old grandson, so it was a quick trip. Mainly targeting trout near the dam, but no bites. Another fisherman said most boats were fishing further up the lake.
    White 18' Hewescraft, 115 and 8 hp Yamaha

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbob View Post
    I went to LP on Sunday afternoon and launched at Turner. The ramp was still in the water and I didn't have any issues. Took my 5 year old grandson, so it was a quick trip. Mainly targeting trout near the dam, but no bites. Another fisherman said most boats were fishing further up the lake.
    Thank You for the update.

Pauli

Hoping to make it to either Lucky Peak or Arrowrock on Wednesday. Looks like the wind should cooperate. Any creel reports out there??? How about the road conditions going to Arrowrock?

Oh.... if you didn't know about the weather station at Barclay Bay, here is the link to it. It's part of the Weather Underground network. I think the Residents there above the Barclay launch keep the station operational. I find the 10 day outlook pretty good.....The real-time observations are also a great tool.

https://www.wunderground.com/weather...IDBOISE49?mr=1

Pauli

Default lp report

Hi, Pauli,

I was told by an HP employee that a group of HP windsurfers maintain the Barclay Bay weather site. I check it whenever I am planning a trip to LP. It's a great site.

For your creel question, I fished Wednesday before Thanksgiving and got 1 kokanee and a 16 inch rainbow in Gooseneck. I caught both right near the surface. I didn't fish the area close to the dam because of the wind. I got cold and quit early.

Physion

Thanks Physion,

I think the wife and I will head out to the reservoir on Wednesday.....but still undecided if it is going to be Arrowrock or Lucky Peak. Suppose we could drive to the Arrowrock dam and check out how bumpy the road is. Seems like the fishing has been better up there lately.... at least for me.

Pauli

We went to Arrowrock on Black Friday. We arrived at 8:30
    2 of us fishing had 10 in the boat by 11:30 and then took 2 hrs for the last 2. Loaded the boat at 1:30.
    Fished 1 long one with 5/8 oz and three on riggers at 10-25' most fish caught at 20' although several hooked on the long line.
    Gold dodgers w hot pink hoochie was top producer all fish were caught with some pink combo. Tried other colors on my stack rod and pink was the color. We use anise and garlic scented corn.
    All fish were healthy 13-16".
    The road was a lot better than it was on my last trip over 2 weeks ago. It is rough in spots but I have seen it a lot worse. Good Luck!

Default Very good fishing report :)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldfishnfart View Post
    We went to Arrowrock on Black Friday. We arrived at 8:30
    2 of us fishing had 10 in the boat by 11:30 and then took 2 hrs for the last 2. Loaded the boat at 1:30.
    Fished 1 long one with 5/8 oz and three on riggers at 10-25' most fish caught at 20' although several hooked on the long line.
    Gold dodgers w hot pink hoochie was top producer all fish were caught with some pink combo. Tried other colors on my stack rod and pink was the color. We use anise and garlic scented corn.
    All fish were healthy 13-16".
    The road was a lot better than it was on my last trip over 2 weeks ago. It is rough in spots but I have seen it a lot worse. Good Luck!
    Thanks Oldfishnfart for fishing info. at Arrowrock. Glad that you guys did very well on Black Friday. My wife and I will heading there today.
    '92 Gray/Red Crestliner 130HP I/O Mercruiser, 9.9HP Honda kicker

Default Best wishes for 2018 Kokanee Fishing

I drove up to Spring shore Marina to watch people plunged in to cold water for the Polar Bear Day. The water in the reservoir very much open except the area below the bridge of Robie creek. I saw only one fishing boat trolling by the dam area. There wasn't a portable dock at Turner Gulch boat ramp. Beautiful sun shine today, hopefully those 2 guys catch some fish.
    Good luck for fishing in LP 2018.
    '92 Gray/Red Crestliner 130HP I/O Mercruiser, 9.9HP Honda kicker

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314