Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Lucky Peak Reservoir Kokanee Fishing Report

Default Fished on Tuesday

I'm afraid my bad luck from last season has found me this year. Fished through the morning on Tuesday. Long lined, down riggers at various depths, different lures and colors. Tried spots near Spring Shores and Goose Neck. 1 trout!!! Maybe next week.

Default Saturday

Fished for about 4 hrs. ..just one hit, tried all the usual tactics.
    I did meet FormulaBen today, was nice chattting w/ ya.
    Scott

Lund Pro Sport 1600
    Merc 65

Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner16 View Post
    I did meet FormulaBen today, was nice chattting w/ ya.
    Same here. Everyone from the forum I've met has been a pleasure. Hope everyone had a safe and relaxing Memorial Day weekend.

Default Slo kokes

1 on green micro squid at 20 ft by marina
    team Zigzag

Default The bite is still off.....

Fished yesterday (Tuesday) from 0600 to 1200..... Slow Slow Slow. Didn't boat a single Koke. I have noticed that the wind really howls from before sunrise to about 1000. Makes trolling way less enjoyable. I think, for the time being, I will limit my fishing till after 0900 or so. Water was between 52.5 and 55 degrees. Turbidity was marginal at best. I did manage to boat 4 nice looking trout, which I returned back into the water.

Will someone please tell me where "Goose Neck" is located???

Pauli

Try this link:

http://www.nww.usace.army.mil/Portal...TearOffMap.pdf

Hope that helps.

Bob
    16 foot Tan/Green Lowe with 50 HP Yamaha
    Almost always my wife and I together.
    Pull up and say Hi!

Quote Originally Posted by conservationist View Post
    Try this link:

http://www.nww.usace.army.mil/Portal...TearOffMap.pdf

Hope that helps.

Bob
    Thanks Bob.... This is the best map I've seen concerning the names of the shoreline features.

Pauli

Default Gooseneck location

Quote Originally Posted by Pauli View Post
    Fished yesterday (Tuesday) from 0600 to 1200..... Slow Slow Slow. Didn't boat a single Koke. I have noticed that the wind really howls from before sunrise to about 1000. Makes trolling way less enjoyable. I think, for the time being, I will limit my fishing till after 0900 or so. Water was between 52.5 and 55 degrees. Turbidity was marginal at best. I did manage to boat 4 nice looking trout, which I returned back into the water.

Will someone please tell me where "Goose Neck" is located???

Pauli
    There's a map at the sheriffs office at Marina
    team Zigzag

Fished with my father-in-law from 11 to 3pm yesterday (5/31). Water 58-62 deg, depending on where I was, and still stained. Tried across from Spring Shore into the narrows, then Gooseneck area. 5 trout, but no kokes.
    White 18' Hewescraft, 115 and 8 hp Yamaha

Default Still Very Slow

Back out on the lake today (Friday) from 1030 to 1700. Only 1 trout with a total of 4 strikes. Didn't mark a heck of a lot of fish either..... At least it was a gorgeous day with no wind.

Pauli

Default Limit & Size For Kokes & Trout At Lucky Peak

Haven't fished at LP very much. Limit & Size For Kokes & Trout you can keep At Lucky Peak

Thanks
    Last edited by DEALMKR; 06-11-2017 at 01:42 PM.

Any reports for Lucky Peak on water clarity or how the kok bite has been? I haven't made it up there in several weeks and just curious how this big influx of water has affected the fishing.
    "Green Guppy"- Old boat, Older motor...full fish box (I hope)

Water is a little bit clearer (only a little) but I went out of my way to chat with everyone with a pole on Wednesday and the catch was weak across the board...

Default Still very slow

Fished 3 hrs yesterday morning (Thurs. 6/8). No bite at all. Started from the dam and later ran up to Goose Neck Bay. Water temp from 58 ~ 60 deg. and little bit clearer. Main boat docks in the water (6 sections) and the level was about 11' down. There were many debris in Barclay area. I don't know if that high current flow in the reservoir and the level fluctuated that effect to fish??? Boise river flow about 9.4K CFS and the reservoir rise about 1.5'/day.
    Wife said: If we catch 12 more kok. then we bag our limit
    '92 Gray/Red Crestliner 130HP I/O Mercruiser, 9.9HP Honda kicker

Default Fished Friday (9th)

Fished for 2 hours on Friday up and down reservoir from Spring Shores. Down rigger and long line, different dodgers, spinners and hoochies. Not a bite!

Default Are the docks at Goose Neck Bay floating yet

Quote Originally Posted by fish4kok View Post
    Fished 3 hrs yesterday morning (Thurs. 6/8). No bite at all. Started from the dam and later ran up to Goose Neck Bay. Water temp from 58 ~ 60 deg. and little bit clearer. Main boat docks in the water (6 sections) and the level was about 11' down. There were many debris in Barclay area. I don't know if that high current flow in the reservoir and the level fluctuated that effect to fish??? Boise river flow about 9.4K CFS and the reservoir rise about 1.5'/day.
    Wife said: If we catch 12 more kok. then we bag our limit
    Where the camp spots are?

Default I just have to ask....

I think that we had an extended Koke season after Labor Day last year. The Koke fishing can be described in one word...."incredible". For several months after the holiday weekend the pressure remained immense...lots and lots of anglers pulling Kokes from the water, until the ice developed in November. Does anyone think that we over stressed our resources by pursuing the small salmon so late into the season? I can't remember so many boats trolling the waters until so late in the season. Could this impact be partly responsible for the meager success that so many of us are having now??

Pauli

Default Docks were dry

Quote Originally Posted by DEALMKR View Post
    Where the camp spots are?
    They were dry as of last Thursday. See the pic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Goose_Neck_bay.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	167.1 KB 
ID:	9058  
    '92 Gray/Red Crestliner 130HP I/O Mercruiser, 9.9HP Honda kicker

Default soon

Pauli I think the fishing is slow because the water is inconsistent from the massive flow. I don't think the food sources have activated (plankton to zooplankton) which causes the kokes to school and start to competitively feed.

In a couple of weeks once the flow has stabilized and we get an extended warming trend you will see the salad come on and then so do the fish. (There are bunch of fish in LP and fishing pressure isn't what turns the population...it is environmental based on food availability and habitat quality.)

I think your absolutely right f-bomb.With fish and game planting 250 thousand fish a season that there are allot left to catch...

Sorry for such a slow report. Fished LP Saturday from around 9:30 to 1:00 or so.

Tried 1 rod deep, varied from 25 - 40 feet. Various lures, hoochies, wedding rings, and a spoon; no hits.

Second rod had a 2 oz weight running 30 cranks back (60 feet?). 3 hits on a string of spinners followed by a feather (dodger) and a wedding ring (blood red and green).

After the second hit on the second rod, I moved the first rod to a similar setup except that the WR was all blood red. 2 hits on that rod after the switch, for a total of 5 hits between the 2 rods. Only made it to the boat with 1 fish, which was a small recently stocked rainbow.

Trolled from spring shores down to goose neck bay and about half way back.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauli View Post
    I think that we had an extended Koke season after Labor Day last year. The Koke fishing can be described in one word...."incredible". For several months after the holiday weekend the pressure remained immense...lots and lots of anglers pulling Kokes from the water, until the ice developed in November. Does anyone think that we over stressed our resources by pursuing the small salmon so late into the season? I can't remember so many boats trolling the waters until so late in the season. Could this impact be partly responsible for the meager success that so many of us are having now??

Pauli
    no, we always get that much pressure. its the water flow. We were doing great a month ago, then they really started letting water out of both dams. That is what is screwing with the fish. Once the dams close up, it will go back to normal.
    22' Custom Jet boat, Blue with American Flag waving. Blue GMC draggin'

Default Decided to wait till Mon. vs Fathers Day

To go fishing. Please give me an update on launching craziness on Father's Day & Fishing Results. Thanks
    Last edited by DEALMKR; 06-16-2017 at 11:44 AM.

Default Docks At Macks Creek Campground

Does anyone know if they are in the water yet?
    I'm camping next Wed & Thurs and wanting to
    Dock my 20 ft boat there?

Thanks

They were barely in the water a week ago, but the level is going back down...

https://www.usbr.gov/pn-bin/graphwy.pl?luc_af

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast