Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Arrowrock Reservoir Kokanee Fishing Report

Default 2017 Arrowrock Reservoir Kokanee Fishing Report

Hoping that this years reports from Arrowrock are more positive than last year.
    17 ft. red/white Crestliner
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

Default Hope the Kokes show up this year.

Maybe the fish will make a comeback this year to Arrowrock. It would be good to be able to take a little pressure off of Lucky Peak.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauli View Post
    Maybe the fish will make a comeback this year to Arrowrock. It would be good to be able to take a little pressure off of Lucky Peak.
    they get into a 3 year cycle up there. 2 years ago it was hot, that would be the third year. last year the cycle started over, hence why it sucked. This year will be year 2. Should be alright, but it wont be spectacular till 2018
    22' Custom Jet boat, Blue with American Flag waving. Blue GMC draggin'

Default Ice on Arrowrock

I drove up to Arrowrock reservoir on the 4th to take a look. About 6 inches of ice covering the whole reservoir and water levels dropping rapidly. Should have taken my ice fishing gear. (it is a little too sketchy for that now). Looks they are preparing for some major runoff in the next little while.

Has anyone tried Arrowrock yet? Thought about bringing family up this afternoon and trying it out for a few hours.
    "Green Guppy"- Old boat, Older motor...full fish box (I hope)

Quote Originally Posted by AkAngler View Post
    Has anyone tried Arrowrock yet? Thought about bringing family up this afternoon and trying it out for a few hours.
    go check it out! last I heard, it was still frozen solid

I went to Arrow rock this morning, no ice but tons of wood floating around and water is very muddy.

Default Arrow Rock May 22

After a couple days slow fishing on Anderson, wife and I decided to try Arrow Rock Monday. We were the only boat on the water, great weather but bad fishing. Caught 1 small koke and couple squaw fish. Water is dirty, surface temp 57. Mostly fished across from boat ramp down to dam, did buzz down to south fork later in day, never put lures in the water down there but didn't mark much and it was getting late.
    2016 black and silver Lund Tyee with 150 hp Mercury

Been up camping and came down for more beer and food. Fishing is slow, even for trout and squaws. Been catching small koks that we have been throwing back. 1 15" lol yesterday morning. And 2 16" Chinook. Few trout and few squaws. Total of 15 fish in 2 days. 15 feet and orange/yellow is most productive

Trolled in the canoe from 2 til 8 up the Southfork of the Boise to Southfork Creek and back 3 very small kokanee on silver pop gear ad orange wedding ring. BTW wake surfers suck, they need their own reservoir, could they make a bigger wake? Had to keep turning my bow into them, oh well at least it gave my presentation action.

Anyone having any luck up at Arrowrock?
    Grey Hewescraft Sportsman 180 with Yamahas and a black top.

Quote Originally Posted by nakinney View Post
    Anyone having any luck up at Arrowrock?
    Drove by the ramp on the way to the Middle Fork a couple of days ago, and talked to three boats pulling out. All had the same story......terrible. One boat had one koke, and that was it, other than trash fish. Mike

Quote Originally Posted by kodiak1 View Post
    Drove by the ramp on the way to the Middle Fork a couple of days ago, and talked to three boats pulling out. All had the same story......terrible. One boat had one koke, and that was it, other than trash fish. Mike
    I went ahead and fished it today. There was a LOT of wood. I fished up both the south fork and middle fork as far a I could. Caught six Pikeminnows. Talked to a couple others on the lake and at the ramp, they too were catching pikeminnows and no koks or trout.
    Grey Hewescraft Sportsman 180 with Yamahas and a black top.

Question Fresh REPORT?

Has anyone fished Anderson in the last 10 days? Water temp? Clarity? Fishing success? No doubt there are too many wake board boats...oh well.

Default Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Ntlost View Post
    Has anyone fished Anderson in the last 10 days? Water temp? Clarity? Fishing success? No doubt there are too many wake board boats...oh well.
    Fished Anderson last Friday evening-Sunday. Saturday landed 41 fish, most were 12-14". Water is much clearer, you can see the sun penetrating the water. Sunday had a significant amount of floating debris, but it wasn't to hard to avoid. By far the best fishing I've had this year.

Default Arrowrock

Has anybody been to Arrowrock lately.
    Just wanted to know how the road was.
    I have not been up there this year.
    Is it the typical washboard or is it worse than normal?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spoons View Post
    Has anybody been to Arrowrock lately.
    Just wanted to know how the road was.
    I have not been up there this year.
    Is it the typical washboard or is it worse than normal?

Thanks
    Went up that way Thursday and Friday. The road didn't seem abnormally bad; just regular bad. It is always washboard except for the day of and the day after it gets graded ;-)
    Old ('79) Chrysler tri-hull with Minn Kota bow mount and Penn manual downriggers.

Default Fished Arrowrock yesterday

My wife and I fished Arrowrock yesterday (Sunday) from about 10:30 to 3. Great day weather-wise! Lots of rigs parked at the ramp. We fished across from the ramp and towards the dam. Not a lot of boats there, so maybe most were up river. Caught quite a few trout and one squaw fish. Also caught 1 small Chinook. Wouldn't revive so we had to keep it . No Kokes. Fished various depths from the surface down to 40'. Used fenders and dodgers with hoochies and spinners. Also saw a couple of Bald Eagles perched next to each other in a dead tree on the opposite shore from the ramp. Very cool! Kept a couple of trout (17" and 15") that ended up having really red meat inside. Love when that happens. They were great on the BBQ last night. And that has to be the worst-maintained road, worse than the road to Deadwood! But all-in-all, another great day!

KokaneeKevin
    2004 Tracker Targa V16: beige w/ green trim and green canopy, 75hp 4-str Merc.

Have made 2 trips to Arrowrock over this past week. We've been catching a few Kokes using pink Hoochies and pink Wedding Rings and fire corn. Usually between my wife and I we end up with one limit. It seeims like the early morning is the best.....with the bite usually turning off around 11:00 AM. Been trolling at 1.2 MPH at about 15 to 20 feet. The Kokes are REALLY nice. They are around 18 inches or so. We caught a boat load of trout..... We kept a few of them and the meat cut red.....not trout like at all. They look like regular rainbows....but are really red, more like a salmon than a trout. They remind me of a Splake hybrid from a few years back. I haven't thrown one of those on the Traeger yet, but will let you know how they taste. And......It's very chilly out on the water in the early morning hours. We ended up buying a Mr. Heater "Big Buddy" heater. That thing is awesome!!! Puts out 18K BTU's. A warm wife is a happy wife.

Pauli
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0041.jpeg 
Views:	413 
Size:	110.0 KB 
ID:	9270  
    Last edited by Pauli; 11-01-2017 at 09:37 PM.

Default Good fishing day at Arrowrock Res.

Fished Arrowrock res. today (11/07) from 11:30AM to 4:15PM. Took home 8 kok from 13"-14", released 4 rainbow, lost other 5 fish when they got close to the boat. Fish was right on top on 1st hour. Copper dodger + pink squid + anise white corn. Long line 1.1/4oz sinker + 3 blades flasher + talon kokabow + herring scene white corn. After 1:00PM DR from 20' to 24'. Caught 8 kokanee by 2:00PM. We fish by the Nibbler Creek of Boise River. There were other 2 river boats they ran up to South Fork. It was cold day but with the clear vinyl back drop sure keep inside warm.
    Washboard and pot holes on the dirt road are bad. Timing on the way out was 26 minutes on 3 miles stretch from the boat ramp to pavement road.
    Good fishing day.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AR_Kok_0247.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	228.6 KB 
ID:	9285  
    Last edited by fish4kok; 11-12-2017 at 12:56 AM. Reason: typpo error
    '92 Gray/Red Crestliner 130HP I/O Mercruiser, 9.9HP Honda kicker

Default If you like your boat and trailer

think twice about making a run to Arrowrock, (been here since 1973 and though my memory is not great i cant remember a time where the road was worse. I have some work to do before next spring now thanks to the road condition. We did good and actually finished the year well with a beautiful day on the water Sunday...didnt fish for Kokes much but got a couple, did really well on trout and have meat in the freezer! see you next year! if anyone was up there i have the super ugly 1973 blue tri-hull beach comber Fiberform...bought by dad in 1973 and still going!probably the best trolling layout fishing boat ever...so i will use this baby until she sinks! :) peace!

I made it to Arrowrock today. There was a wreck on I 84 which delayed me for about an hour or so.... I didn't expect to get caught up in morning traffic from Caldwell thru Boise.....but it happens. I did get to meet fish4koke on the water. Looked like he was having good success. I managed to boat 4 Kokes and a few trout. 3 of the Kokes were 17 to 18 inches, while one was only 13 inches. The trout were about 15-16 inches. I fished up the reservoir near Nibbler Creek (I think that's what they call that area).... Very little wind but chilly early on. Thank goodness for the heater! I fished at mostly 14-15 feet, using pink wedding rings and a sliver/green blade. It looked like the older guys guys had the lake for the day. Being retired does have benefits. May take the wife up either Friday or Monday. She really doesn't like the cold too much....so we'll have to wait and see.

Pauli

Default Good fishing day :)

It was nice to meet you Pauli. I also talked with Physion on shore before he launched his boat. We start to fish at 10:00Am and quit at 3:00PM. We took home a 19" Chinook, 2 rainbow (bleed) and 8 Kok 13"-14". Released other 6 rainbow.
    We didn't catch our 1st Kok until 1:00PM and the rest of them before 2:30PM. Long line pole 1oz sinker +3 blades half and half flasher + orange wedding ring, 75' out. DR fish from 14' ~ 20', we caught couple Kok at 14' and later caught them at 20'. 4" dodger copper + pink squid. White corn with anise or herring scent.
    I didn't see the Chinook kiosk fin collector in Arrowrock. I stopped by Turner Gulch on the way home to put the Chinook fin in the envelope and wrote down the date, area of fish caught, lenght... When I got home the I read the info from IFGD that they set 3 kiosks in LP, Deadwood, and Anderson. I just wonder if this Chinook was from Anderson Ranch?
    I might make one more trip to Arrowrock before winterize my boat.
    Gook luck anyone!
    '92 Gray/Red Crestliner 130HP I/O Mercruiser, 9.9HP Honda kicker

Hey fish4koke,

I'm really interested in how that Chinook cooks up. I haven't taken any home yet (I've only caught small ones). Just wondering if they taste more like trout or Kokes.

Pauli

Default I give up

Ok, I give up. Only 2 trout today. I can't go on Friday, so I'm going to dig out my downrigger and try again tomorrow. Pauli and Fish4kok have tempted me beyond what I can resist. The wind report is good for tomorrow, too.

Physion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast