Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Anderson Ranch Reservoir Kokanee Fishing Report

Quote Originally Posted by crappieslayer View Post
    I was there Thursday thru Sunday and it was crowded. I saw lots of boats fishing but nobody was really killing them. I fished a couple of days and only caught a few. Then fished from 7 pm to 9 pm one evening and caught a dozen and lost at least that many more. 90 percent of the fish I caught were chinooks. I tried multiple setups and every depth from 10 ft to 70ft. Most of what I caught was at 70ft
    What size are the Chinook running? Glad you figured it out! Mike

Quote Originally Posted by kodiak1 View Post
    What size are the Chinook running? Glad you figured it out! Mike
    The Chinook were all 14 to 15 inch.

We found a few today. 3 Chinook and 5 Kokanee. They were really deep and I was running really slow. I've switched to double Kokabow blades as my normal rig with a modified hoochie. Been working well so far!

Default Chinook

Quote Originally Posted by crappieslayer View Post
    I was there Thursday thru Sunday and it was crowded. I saw lots of boats fishing but nobody was really killing them. I fished a couple of days and only caught a few. Then fished from 7 pm to 9 pm one evening and caught a dozen and lost at least that many more. 90 percent of the fish I caught were chinooks. I tried multiple setups and every depth from 10 ft to 70ft. Most of what I caught was at 70ft
    Any size to the chinooks? any advice on targeting them?

Thanks,
    FSHFNDR

All chinooks were 13 to 15 inch. I was trying to target chinook for an entire day and didn't catch 1. Then started searching for kokes and caught chinook. So I guess my advice is target something besides chinook and maybe you too will catch some.

Default 23" rainbow trout and a 19" Kok.

Fished today (8/01/17) at Anderson from 7:30AM til 6:00PM. My wife caught 1-19" kok and a 23" rainbow trout weight 5.4 lbs. We took home 30 kok average size 12 ~ 15". We caught 5 kok. in 20 minutes in the morning and I thought I might get our kokanee limit...:) We got 1 limit at 3:20PM.
    Water temp. in the morning was 74 deg and 78 deg when we quit.
    Vance UV dodger + pink squid + shoepeg corn. DR from 40' ~ 60'.
    Long line pole 2oz sinker + Ford fender + Talon Kokabow. 80' line out.
    There were more boats concentrated in Lime Creek area. That's my last trip to Anderson this year.
    Best luck to all.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	23_inch_rainbow_0402.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	137.0 KB 
ID:	9117   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lime_Crk_2266.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	180.5 KB 
ID:	9120   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kokanee-fishing_2263.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	233.1 KB 
ID:	9121  
    Last edited by fish4kok; 08-02-2017 at 11:15 AM. Reason: add photos
    '92 Gray/Red Crestliner 130HP I/O Mercruiser, 9.9HP Honda kicker

Default Lost/Missing EGO S2 Slider net with rubber mesh

Not sure where/how it happened, but got home from camping at Anderson last week, and found that my EGO S2 Slider Net with Rubber Mesh is missing. Not sure if it disappeared from my campground, or got misplaced in the Curlew creek area. If anybody finds it or hears of anybody finding one, please let me know. I'm not looking forward to coughing up another $100.00 to replace it.

Quote Originally Posted by fish4kok View Post
    Fished today (8/01/17) at Anderson from 7:30AM til 6:00PM. My wife caught 1-19" kok and a 23" rainbow trout weight 5.4 lbs. We took home 30 kok average size 12 ~ 15". We caught 5 kok. in 20 minutes in the morning and I thought I might get our kokanee limit...:) We got 1 limit at 3:20PM.
    Water temp. in the morning was 74 deg and 78 deg when we quit.
    Vance UV dodger + pink squid + shoepeg corn. DR from 40' ~ 60'.
    Long line pole 2oz sinker + Ford fender + Talon Kokabow. 80' line out.
    There were more boats concentrated in Lime Creek area. That's my last trip to Anderson this year.
    Best luck to all.
    how funny. I have been fishing for kokes at Anderson for years. Have caught hundreds of kokes, dozens of chinook, and a few bulls. But NEVER a rainbow. Actually, this is the first year I have got a pike minnow. Just the one though
    22' Custom Jet boat, Blue with American Flag waving. Blue GMC draggin'

Default Perch in Anderson.

Quote Originally Posted by terek View Post
    how funny. I have been fishing for kokes at Anderson for years. Have caught hundreds of kokes, dozens of chinook, and a few bulls. But NEVER a rainbow. Actually, this is the first year I have got a pike minnow. Just the one though
    I caught few rainbow trout before but they were little. When I cleaned this fish its stomach full of 2" perch.

Default Rainbow

A number of years back (1987) I got a 5.25 lb, 22 inch rainbow on the south side of the mouth of Lime Ck. I caught lots of trout in the 80's. Not many recently.

Fishing has slowed way down. Only came home with 29 this weekend. 90% were at 50 feet. Pink of course. They are turning red fast. Let 5-6 go because they were all the way turned. Not much time till they aren't edible. My last trip to Anderson until deer season starts.
    22' Custom Jet boat, Blue with American Flag waving. Blue GMC draggin'

Default Another nice video fishing in Anderson by The Mountainlife

Just came across a video on Youtube that shows fishing in Anderson by the Mountainlife. That's nice video and especially his wife came with him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av9GrmLUoP4
    Last edited by fish4kok; 08-07-2017 at 11:30 AM.

Default Saturday the 12th at Anderson

We caught 12 fishing around airplane balls near Fall Creek. The down riggers were set at 75' 1.5 mph using gold pop-gear with a trailing hot pink wiggle hoochie and corn. The fish were 12 to 15" kokanee all were pure silver. Fished from 7:00 to 1:00.

Caught quite a few today at Anderson. All well into their color change. Nice size fish. Pink and orange were the colors of choice today. Caught fish between 30' and 70'. Only one section of dock left floating at the dam.

Any updates on Anderson. Never fished it this time of year. Any advice you could offer?

Default Anderson fisning

I fished Anderson a couple of times in the last two weeks and had a little luck. We caught 6 kokanee each trip and a few really nice trout 20" and really deep healthy fish. We were at 20' deep with down riggers pulling a dodger and a silver wedding ring. The highlight of both trips was an ongoing elk bugling serenade. We also saw a pair of bald eagles near camas creek cove. The low was that i hit a rock coming down the grade and had to change a flat on the edge of the dam. The last dock was partially in the water at elk creek near the dam and usable. Next time I go I will pull some brads baits deeper than the Koks and try to hook some large Chinook. I was talking to a couple bass fishermen who were talking to a Kokanee fisherman who hooked a Chinook large enough to break his pole and later that day bust off a rod holder. They must have had their drag set too tight. the Koks we caught were in the 12 and 13" range.

Fished Curlew Lime creek area on Friday afternoon and Saturday morning. 4 rods out. We got about 30 kokes, 1 rainbow, and several small chinook. We tried to release all the chinook, but one was bleeding badly, so he'll make it to the smoker.

Pink hoochie at about 20-25 feet seemed to do the best. Late in the afternoon Friday was the best time of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by hooknhunter View Post
    Fished Curlew Lime creek area on Friday afternoon and Saturday morning. 4 rods out. We got about 30 kokes, ...
    How big were the kokes?
    Old ('79) Chrysler tri-hull with Minn Kota bow mount and Penn manual downriggers.

The bigger ones were around 13 inches. Never taped any. Some were only 11ish (or a few smaller, released when possible).

Fished Anderson again on Friday. Basically same result as last report.

Brother and I brought home 29 Kokes averaging around 13 inches. No really small ones this time and we caught a bunch of smaller Chinooks too (12-16 inches, all released). Fish were in great condition and are very good eating.

Pink hoochie 12 inches behind a fast limit dodger (red/ice chartreuse) seemed to be the best combo. Various depths ranging from 25-40 feet.

Did not see another boat on the lake anywhere.

Thanks for the report Hooknhunter. Did you launch at Curlew, or the dam?
    White 18' Hewescraft, 115 and 8 hp Yamaha

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbob View Post
    Thanks for the report Hooknhunter. Did you launch at Curlew, or the dam?
    Curlew. Not much ramp left in the water, but still easy to launch as long as you don't need a dock.

Thanks for the update.
    White 18' Hewescraft, 115 and 8 hp Yamaha

Planning to head up there again tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by hooknhunter View Post
    Planning to head up there again tomorrow.

How'd you end up doing?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast