Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Anderson Ranch Reservoir Kokanee Fishing Report

Default 2017 Anderson Ranch Reservoir Kokanee Fishing Report

Good Luck on all your trips to Anderson Ranch this year.
    17 ft. red/white Crestliner
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

Default Ice fishing

Anyone ever try it out at Anderson?

Are the Ramps open yet?

Nitz's, the store in Pine, told me this morning that I would still need snow shoes to get to the ramps.

Dam end is open........this was Thursday. Curlew is going to be awhile.

On a side note, did anyone attend the Kokabow seminar this year? Was hoping to hear what F and G had to say in regards to forecasts for Anderson and other Idaho Kokanee lakes this year. Last year they had it pegged for Anderson being slow.

Good luck to all this year.

I went to the kokanee seminar at Sportsman's in Nampa last Sat. The gentleman from Kokabow did a good job and had a lot of interesting info. He said Anderson will probably take another year before it gets good again. Also, they did a fin clip survey and found out that a lot of Arrowrock's planted fish end up down in Lucky Peak. F&G will be changing how/when they stock them this year to see if more will stay in Arrowrock. But again, it will take a year or two to find out if it works. Finally, the planted chinook are not having a large affect on kokanees, but mainly forage on perch.
    White 18' Hewescraft, 115 and 8 hp Yamaha

Default anderson ranch

Quote Originally Posted by sawtooth View Post
    Good Luck on all your trips to Anderson Ranch this year.
    Anderson is fishable BUT very slow been 3 times for total of 14 Koks only 3 keepers think will wait for Lucky Peak maybe June this year?

Default 3 Trips

Fished Anderson today for the 3rd time in 2 weeks 1 trout no kokes--I fished by the dam and lime creek area also the deer creek area--I marked very few fish

Default anderson

Fished anderson on sat 3/29 very slow, very nice in the morning then the wind picked up around noon or so. Fished all the regular colors and combos, only caught 1 kokanee and 1 trout. Might have to try closer to home this weekend.

Fished Anderson Ranch on 5/4 and 5/5, from Curlew down to the first big creek (name?). The camping was good but the fishing not so much. Water was murky, and in the low 50's. There is a lot of debris in the lake, including some rather large logs to watch for. We caught three smallish (12" +/-) kokanee and a 17" trout. A pink spoon and watermelon dodger at 15' worked best for the kokanee. Also lost a couple that were the same size or smaller. Very few people trolling out there. Lots of bass boats.

The south fork of the Boise River looks like a raging torrent pouring in from the north end of the lake. I think it's going to take a while for this lake to settle out.

Default Anderson

Hey Trailbob. Have you tried any areas towards the dam. I know last year there were people fishing that area. I'm hoping to be up that way the week of the 21st unless the high water flows get worse. Then my backup plan would be Cascade.

Default water conditions

fished Anderson for bass on the 9th, any how the water south of lime creek went up in the 65-67 degree temps, the closer you got to pine the colder,,,44 degrees. Water was really not that bad as far as derbis,,fairly clear towards the dam

Quote Originally Posted by crappieslayer View Post
    Hey Trailbob. Have you tried any areas towards the dam. I know last year there were people fishing that area. I'm hoping to be up that way the week of the 21st unless the high water flows get worse. Then my backup plan would be Cascade.
    No, I never got that far down. Sounds like it may be worth a try though.

Default anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbob View Post
    No, I never got that far down. Sounds like it may be worth a try though.
    have nor been to Anderson for a month is it still dead? got a few at LP but slow

Default Anderson Report

Fished Anderson today from 7am-1pm. Marked fish between 15'-35' but couldn't get them interested. Varied depth, speed, and color but nothing doing. Water temp at surface ranged between 53 at the dam to 58 further up the pool. Quite a bit of trash in the water yet and the visibility is still low.

Default Anderson May 20&21

We also fished Anderson this past weekend, only caught 3 tiny kokes (returned to water), a couple squaw fish and a small rainbow. Didn't mark much, tried from Curlew to just past Lime, also tried around Fall Creek and down by dam. Not many boats on the water, the few I spoke with had similarly poor results as ours. Decided to try Arrow Rock Monday, also very slow only 1 small koke and couple squaw.
    2016 black and silver Lund Tyee with 150 hp Mercury

Fished curlew for 2 hrs before the weather chased me off. Marked some fish at 25' and 30' but nothing hit on 4 totally different setups. Will try again Saturday and Sunday.

Fished Anderson today from 6-noon. Surface temp was 57 and water clarity was fair but still murky with a lot of trash in it. Put 5 kokes and 3 squaw fish in the boat. Lost 2 more fish we never saw. All the kokes were caught on top. The fish we marked deep wouldn't hit anything.

That must have been my mistake. Saw lots of fish 35 to 40 ' deep. Had a couple that popped the rods loose, but none got hooked. Switched to bass around 1:30 and had a blast catching everthimg from 6" to 16" and lots of them. I will try shallow for kokes tomorrow. I trolled everywhere from 6' down to 40' down and no fish in boat. I will try really shallow tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by crappieslayer View Post
    That must have been my mistake. Saw lots of fish 35 to 40 ' deep. Had a couple that popped the rods loose, but none got hooked. Switched to bass around 1:30 and had a blast catching everthimg from 6" to 16" and lots of them. I will try shallow for kokes tomorrow. I trolled everywhere from 6' down to 40' down and no fish in boat. I will try really shallow tomorrow.
    Crappieslayer, I know this is a kokanee forum, I will keep it brief. Just wondering if you would be willing to share some info on the bass at anderson, we fished bass this last weekend and did terrible. We usually do pretty well this time of year but our normal tactics did not produce neither did any of the others we tried. Senkos, crawdad plastics, in the weeds and the rocks, mostly around curlew. Good work on finding some fish to catch, the kokanee have been a bit off this year for sure.

Dave

Just wanted to show how well my cooler did keeping ICE on my 4 day fishing trip at Anderson. Left Thursday morning and returned Monday afternoon, so technically that is 5 days with same ice in cooler. Maybe 20% loss in 5 days. Cooler is a Pelican 250qt and it was left outside. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ice_Pelican.jpg 
Views:	324 
Size:	212.9 KB 
ID:	9049

Never did catch any Kokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing tail View Post
    Fished Anderson today from 6-noon. Surface temp was 57 and water clarity was fair but still murky with a lot of trash in it. Put 5 kokes and 3 squaw fish in the boat. Lost 2 more fish we never saw. All the kokes were caught on top. The fish we marked deep wouldn't hit anything.
    What was the size of the kokes? Some in Anderson are pretty big this year.
    Old ('79) Chrysler tri-hull with Minn Kota bow mount and Penn manual downriggers.

Quote Originally Posted by KokaneeJoe View Post
    What was the size of the kokes? Some in Anderson are pretty big this year.
    We caught the first 4 off the same school and they were running only about 14". A couple hours later we hit a loner that was 19"

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing tail View Post
    We caught the first 4 off the same school and they were running only about 14". A couple hours later we hit a loner that was 19"
    Thanks for the report Chasing Tail.
    Old ('79) Chrysler tri-hull with Minn Kota bow mount and Penn manual downriggers.

Default anderson trial

Hey all, goin up tomorrow for the week, things may change or I might figure something out....(yea right ) well any how If you come up I'll be In SEA ARK camo with that yellow dog again. ck with me , if I know anything will share it with you.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast