Thread: New in Montana

Default New in Montana

Just signed up. Can't wait for spring, but in the meantime trying to pull em through the ice

aboard Gastriclavage16 I have to know the meaning of your screen name.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Welcome to the Kokanee Fishing Forums Gastriclavage16, looking forward to your posts.
    1997 Starcraft 170, Mariner 90hp ,9.9 Yamaha, Raymarine Element 9HV , Minn Kota I-Pilot

Thanks guys. Bduck, the word Gastric lavage is the technical term for a non-lethal technique of collecting food habits (diets) from fish. In short, you use a pump to shoot water down a fishes throat and they barf up their fore-gut contents. The only other way to collect diets is to euthanize the fish and cut them out. haha

Quote Originally Posted by Gastriclavage16 View Post
    Thanks guys. Bduck, the word Gastric lavage is the technical term for a non-lethal technique of collecting food habits (diets) from fish. In short, you use a pump to shoot water down a fishes throat and they barf up their fore-gut contents. The only other way to collect diets is to euthanize the fish and cut them out. haha
    Is it possible you are a biologist? What part of Montana? Its getting to be the time of year where cutthroats at Bear L here in Utah gorge themselves on cisco and when caught they have 2 or 3 sticking out of there mouth on the reel in. By the time they get in the boat they tend to puke them up.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

You are correct. I'm based out of Helena MT. Finally made it out on the ice. Hooked 5 but only landed one in 2 hours. Not aggressive yet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161214_101223_resized.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	8848  

Would love to hear of your interesting stories you may have to offer and fishing reports.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel

I'll try and offer up anything I can.

Say, I can't seem to find the "Search" tool on this site. There is the "Google Custom Search" box in the upper right, but I think that just searches google. How to I search for topics within this forum?

Thanks,

Here is picture of the Montana State record kokanee. This same from Hauser Lake on the Missouri River. High flows flushed most of them out around this time, and with walleye taking off now we could never get them established again. This record will likely hold for a while, but there are still a few bombing around those large reservoirs still.

Name:	5851df4314bc0.image.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	39.9 KB 
ID:	8849  

pretty slow ice fishing today. had 2 schools come in and landed one from each school, a 12 and 15". And then it was all over.

Name:	20161218_083938.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	91.8 KB 
ID:	8850  

Default Welcome

There may be an easier way to search but I use the advanced search box and that stays in the website. I envy your Montana walleye fishing, that was one thing I mostly gave up moving to Idaho. Although there is some phenomenal walleye a few hours drive from here.
    Last edited by Williep99; 01-16-2017 at 10:16 PM.

been limiting out consistently the last few weeks. Lots of round on the smoker. even managed to catch a male that forgot to die after attempting to spawn this fall. even got the wife out for her first trip and she did well

Name:	20170113_135240.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	58.2 KB 
ID:	8862