Thread: Smoked Cheese

Default Smoked Cheese

Temps were in the 30's here today so it seemed like a great time to cold smoke some more cheese. This is my second batch using the A-Maze-N smoke tray and it works phenomenal for anything that you want to cold smoke.

2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

DAM! that looks great!
    Team:Rocky Mountain Tackle, Radical Glow, Fresh water basics, Velocity fishing.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
    Temps were in the 30's here today so it seemed like a great time to cold smoke some more cheese. This is my second batch using the A-Maze-N smoke tray and it works phenomenal for anything that you want to cold smoke.

I know this is an old thread. What kind of cheeses did you smoke and how did they turn out? It will be mid 40s here and dieting to try the Smoke Daddy on a cold smoked cheese. I love tilamook sharp smoked.
    CH
    God does not subtract one minute of life for the hours spent fishing.

My last smoke was extra sharp white cheddar, medium cheddar and Colby Jack. I went with a little stronger wood mix, added higher percentage of hickory, and I think this was the best batch yet.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Quote Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
    My last smoke was extra sharp white cheddar, medium cheddar and Colby Jack. I went with a little stronger wood mix, added higher percentage of hickory, and I think this was the best batch yet.
    Hi Dave
    Thanks for the info the cheese turned out great. I vacuumed packed it and let it sit in the frig for a week before trying it. I did a extra sharp yellow cheddar, baby Swiss, a pepper jack and a havardi with dill. The cheddar and the Swiss is great. The pepper jack is ok. The havardi not so much. I used a pecan, wood to do the cold smoke with and it seemed a good mild smoke. Think I'll keep trying, we have another storm due to in tomorrow going to do a gooda and Colby jack this time with maybe some perfect mix pellets.
    Thanks again
    CH.
    Last edited by COfisherman; 05-01-2017 at 10:38 PM.
    God does not subtract one minute of life for the hours spent fishing.