Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Fall BRATS Gathering

Cool The Fall BRATS Gathering

The date is set of October 29. We are still working in details of location of either the state park at Garden City or to shift to Cisco area. The GC state park has changed some things around in which is why focus of Cisco area is getting attention. This is not a derby or tourney but only a gathering of who wants to participate. There will be a potluck at the end so bring something. As time gets closer I will need a participation count so I can get appropriate supply of Bratwursts. We would like to see early response of possible interest so feel free to chime. We do this in the spring & fall. This is the only forum we advertise on. If you have a marine radio we will be on ch69. So bring your best BS game. This is also based on weather permitting.

Garden City has a KOA and Condos that I understand will rent out.
    The state park usually lets those wanting to camp to stay in parking lot during off season and daily fee required.
    Cisco Beach on east side of lake is also state operated which has plenty of campsites as well, fee required.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Default I LOVE brats!

God willing, and the creek don't rise (and weather cooperates), I should be able to make it.

Bob Hicks, from Utah - I’m 80 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by dubob View Post
    God willing, and the creek don't rise (and weather cooperates), I should be able to make it.
    We can turn you into an official BRAT, for the time being you'll have to settle for the wannabe status.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

that sounds great i'm going to put it on the calendar

Default Brats gathering

I know we had a great time last spring, even if the fishing (for us anyway) was very slow, I usually do better at B.L. in the fall and winter anyway, unless something REALLY important comes up, we will be there, looking forward to seeing everyone, and hopefully some new faces as well. Last spring was our first time going to the gathering, and we could not have been treated better, if anyone is hesitant, to go because they don't know anyone don't let that stop you. You will know a lot of like minded people when you leave...and yes it is family friendly,
    [SIGPIC]

Default Planning on being there

I will be showing up on the 25th and staying through the 29th.

SRG Lures will be providing a 5 lure kit to the person catching the largest fish on Saturday.

YAHOO. LETS FISH BL AGAIN. Looking forward to seeing every one again too.

Gonefishing.

I was planning on being there but just found out I'm on call that weekend. But I'll try and get out of it.
    I just know stuff...

If I come alone I will sleep in my truck Friday night.
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by liketrolling View Post
    If I come alone I will sleep in my truck Friday night.
    Robert
    Looking fwd to seeing you again Robert if you do come.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel

Default Going for sure, (Well, as sure as possible)

just made reservations at the condo's next to the marina for Friday and Saturday nights , most of them are 60% off if anyone is needing a place, Looking forward to spending a couple days on the big blue!
    [SIGPIC]

i'm gonna try and be there also.

All new Brats welcomed as well as alums.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel

Default Rooms for the event

Looking to pair up with a friend for the event and would probably come up on Friday and spend the night in Garden City. Bear Lake Motor Lodge is showing a rate of $87 - $129 /night for a 2-Queen room. Sent them an email asking for best rate. Anybody know of a better rate in Garden City?

Bob Hicks, from Utah - I’m 80 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.

Took a ride thru the KOA campgrounds in Garden City not long ago. They have a lot of cabins for different needs or situations. You might check with them also. I liked the setup in which they have.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel

Default Bear lake lodging

I was able to get two nights for $148 that included a $25 fee for a pet check out bearlakelodging.com that was for a condo that will sleep 4 with a kitchen.
    [SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by saltrunner75 View Post
    I was able to get two nights for $148 that included a $25 fee for a pet check out bearlakelodging.com that was for a condo that will sleep 4 with a kitchen.
    Is that $148 per night or total for 2 nights?

That was for both nights,
    [SIGPIC]

Default Who did you talk to?

Their website doesn't show anything below $130 per night. Who did you talk to to get that low a rate? Bear Lake Motor Lodge is $87 less a military discount. However, BLML has an outrageous cancellation policy (50% of one nights lodging) so i won't book with them on line until a day or 2 in advance. But it looks like BLL might be a better deal anyway.

I just found it on their website, you do have to book the room, but it shows the 60% discount before you put any information in. I'm sure you can call the number listed also, and they would help you. 1-435-946-3300 The only name I have on my confirmation email is Ginger. Hope this helps, btw the did have one room that was $10 less per night.
    [SIGPIC]

http://www.bearlakelodging.com/ I just had to put in the dates, and hit the get quote button and it shows the rate.
    [SIGPIC]

Default BLL

Thank you Sir. Sent them an email this AM and sent you a PM.
    Last edited by dubob; 09-21-2016 at 08:44 AM.

Count down is 2 1/2wks. Hope weather holds. I'm getting together some Brats for potluck.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel

Default Head count for brats gathering at bear lake

Well I'm pretty sure there'll be 4 in my boat crew, with an outside chance of 5, planning to bring a pasta salad, is there anything else we should bring? A probable headcount would help for planning.
    [SIGPIC]

Pam and I will be there on the 26th until Sunday. We are making Homemade Chili for your enjoyment. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.
    1997 Starcraft 170, Mariner 90hp ,9.9 Yamaha, Raymarine Element 9HV , Minn Kota I-Pilot

Absolutely a head count helps. I'm getting Brats for the Brats. I have a guest in my boat.

Gonefishing
    Buns
    Plates
    Silverware
    Condiments
    2 in boat

AFDan
    Chili
    2 in boat

Saltrunner
    Pasta salad
    4 with possibility 5 in boat

BearLakeFishGuy
    Salad
    1 in party
    Last edited by Bduck; 10-21-2016 at 04:34 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast