Thread: Conconully lake, and reservoir

Default Conconully lake, and reservoir

I just wanted to point out that my favorite north central Washington kokanee lake is not on here. That would be Conconully lake. It has consistently produced high numbers of quality fish in the 12-15" range. There is also Conconully reservoir about a mile away. The reservoir (aka the lower lake) has a greater numbers of fish in the 10-12" range. These two lakes are in on either side of the mountain town of Conconully nestled into the foothills of the cascades.

It is on my bucket list even more than Chelan. My mom lived in Omak and I would come over and meet her where she was fishing on the rocks at the dam.

Default Off the charts this year and BIG!!!

This year has been the best year I have ever had in Conconully for Kokanee. We have gotten one that was 18 inches and just fat. Last year a big fish was 16". That's the average this year. And next years fish are getting big too. This is great. I have a video on you tube of the 18" fish. Conconully Kokanee look it up on YouTube

Sounds like a great spot. Let's get some reports going and I'll get it on the list.
    Take a kid fishing make some reel memories!

Default Conconully

Thanks for the heads up! We will cerainly be trying that lake for kokanee after we move to the Spokane area this fall.

Default We must have done something wrong this year?

We have been fishing for trout in Conconully (upper and lower) for about 50 years, and would catch the OCCASIONAL Kok while still fishing for trout. We started targeting the kok's a few years ago, and while not big, it was decent fishing. This year when we went up with the grandkids, we hit our normal kok spot and after 2 hours w/o a hit, the kids got impatient and wanted to go after the trout, so we pulled in and switched gears. We had some friends go up a few weeks ago and they caught a few, but nothing like it has been in the past?

Quote Originally Posted by Bogey View Post
    We have been fishing for trout in Conconully (upper and lower) for about 50 years, and would catch the OCCASIONAL Kok while still fishing for trout. We started targeting the kok's a few years ago, and while not big, it was decent fishing. This year when we went up with the grandkids, we hit our normal kok spot and after 2 hours w/o a hit, the kids got impatient and wanted to go after the trout, so we pulled in and switched gears. We had some friends go up a few weeks ago and they caught a few, but nothing like it has been in the past?
    This year has been a little slower, the fish are even bigger this year but you have to put in the work. We have been skunked a couple times but fish are averaging around 17” this year. Upper lake. Bonaparte has huge fish too! And lots of them.