Thread: Corn OK'd for Gorge

Default Corn OK'd for Gorge

This has been a couple of years in the works. It was supposed to have been approved previously but the regulations language got fouled up. Wyoming had approved it last year, I believe.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Quote Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
    This has been a couple of years in the works. It was supposed to have been approved previously but the regulations language got fouled up. Wyoming had approved it last year, I believe.
    I would like to know who used corn this year on the Wyoming side and if it worked, I did not use corn and I fished the WY side a lot. I did good using Berkley Gulp Maggots
    I think I will try corn next year but will need to learn how to scent it.

As a guest on another boat, I fished with corn in summer 2014 on the Wyoming side. I wasn't convince at all that it failed. Catch was very good and consistant.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Liketrolling,
    Scenting is pretty easy. I use little plastic containers with lids and fill 2 or 3 with shoepeg corn. Put a little procure in each container the night before and you are good to go. Pick a few different scents to see which one the fish prefer that day.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Default Scent

You can find 35mm film containers on line. The ones I ordered had both the containers and the caps. I put in some shoepeg corn, the scent, let sit in the refrigerator for a day or two, and then freeze. When I go fishing, I just take a container of scented corn out of the freezer. You can put in a pretty good supply of a variety of scents and then you always have corn for the spontaneous trip.

Physion

Default scent

Don't know about your area but I use the cheapest canned tuna in vegetable oil with either shoepeg or regular yellow corn. Just squeeze that nasty juice with a little tuna flesh onto your corn the night before and put it in the fridge. I bought a pack of those tiny rubber made plastic container and lid combos that are perfect for holding a days worth of bait and can be stored either chilled or frozen. Most guys swear that you have to use white shoepeg but I've caught a lot of kokes on plain jane yellow sweet corn.

i tried corn with procure bloody tuna this year at the gorge , it worked fine but didn't seem much better than glup

Default Corn use in WY

Used scented shoepeg corn on the WY side in July. I really couldn't tell the difference between using that or Gulp Alive maggots. We almost always caught limits with both. Tried 2 different scents on the corn and the tuna/shrimp mixed scent worked best. We'll be trying some through the ice in Utah where legal next year - Cutler Reservoir, Deer Creek Reservoir, Electric Lake, Fish Lake, Flaming Gorge Reservoir, Lake Powell, Stateline Reservoir, & Utah Lake.

Bob Hicks, from Utah - I’m 80 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.