Thread: Wyoming Side

Default Wyoming Side

Hey all-

Headed up to Flaming Gorge this weekend for a family outing and was wondering if you could possibly suggest any area on the Wyoming side for "Lakers"?? Preferably close to Buckboard?? I'm not looking for GPS coordinates to any honey holes! LOl Just wondering if the Wyoming side is any good for lakers or if I'll be making the drive down to Lucerne?? I appreciate in info!
    Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by lablover View Post
    Hey all-

Headed up to Flaming Gorge this weekend for a family outing and was wondering if you could possibly suggest any area on the Wyoming side for "Lakers"?? Preferably close to Buckboard?? I'm not looking for GPS coordinates to any honey holes! LOl Just wondering if the Wyoming side is any good for lakers or if I'll be making the drive down to Lucerne?? I appreciate in info!
    Thanks,
    My trips to the Gorge these days are limited and usually on a turn & burn basis. Kokanee is what I target. However there is a GPS map for the Gorge you can pick up at most outlets that show good areas for lake trout & kokanee. This is my recommendation and should help.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Bduck
    Thanks for the reply! I myself generally focus on the Kokes during the summer and spring months but thought with the season closed I would try my hand
    at the lake trout while in the area. I've done OK on the Utah side but will be staying in Green River so I thought of exploring the Buckboard area for lakers?
    I'll update upon our return!

Report is IN !!!!

Well we didn't end up hitting the Wyoming side I could not resist checking Linwood for Pre-Spawn.
    Saturday 9/23 was "Deadlist Catch" kinda weather!! We went out but no fish were had and I felt lucky to have survived!!! Sunday was dang near 70 and the water was GLASS. It appears the fish are stacking like cord wood in Linwood
    we only had a couple hours to fish but ended up with 2 in the 5-6lb range. It honestly shocked me to see the fished stacked in that heavy already......
    Good luck to all!

Default Temp

Do you recall the water temperature. I hope to go up in a week and want to know if it is worth looking for the Burbot yet.

Water Temp Sunday 9/25 60.9 degrees.

One of my fishing buddies and I were on the gorge on tues 9/27. the water temp was 59.6 when we started,and about 61.8 when we quit about 4 pm. These are just some of the fish we caught. These are just the ones we kept. boated about 17 all total. Most were rainbows, some cutt bows , and one very small dink kokanee. We were long lining all day,never even broke out the downriggers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	69.2 KB 
ID:	8815  
    "Chance Favors A Prepared Mind"

Very nice looking bunch of BOWS there!
    I've never actually tried trolling for bows up there were usually chasing Koke's in the summer and mac's in the fall. What type of lures you all using for the bows??

Quote Originally Posted by lablover View Post
    Very nice looking bunch of BOWS there!
    I've never actually tried trolling for bows up there were usually chasing Koke's in the summer and mac's in the fall. What type of lures you all using for the bows??
    We started with spinners,one with a gold blade,the other with a sliver blade with black spots on it.Caught fish on both of these set-ups until about 10/a.Then we switched colors, with a all sliver spinner on one side, and a sliver spinner with a pink blade on the other. In the afternoon I started fishing with a rainbow rapala,and my friend was fishing with a sliver spoon with a blue blade on it. Had limited success with these. In the afternoon the fish caught were smaller,then in the morning When we was fishing spinners,i don't think color made that much difference,
    I think it was the vibration of the blade and scent of the worms. Later in the day ,i think was the action of the lures,tipped with worm that made the difference. Boat speed was about 2.0 mph alot faster then I usually troll for kokes. We did try kastmasters, and krockadiles, and didn't have any luck with them. Most of our fish were caught in 20-25 ft of water.
    "Chance Favors A Prepared Mind"