Thread: Wolford 8/28

Default Wolford 8/28

Caught huge 4 year old Koke longline trolling for four hours on Sunday on spoon at 15'.
    Saw lots of Koke's on graph at 35 to 50' but couldn't pull any.
    Other boats were jigging and trolling - didn't notice any others catching fish at least while I was on lake.

Nice Kokanee, I want to get up there sometime soon. I have fished Wiliams Fork, but never got over to Wolford. What are ya catching the Kokanee on there? We used to use those little pink staked double bead looking things behind a 1/8" rubber snubber at WF back in the day.
    Take a kid fishing.
    CH.

Heading up in the morning (Friday 9/8/17). We are going to fish Friday and most of Saturday. Got to get a line in the water, hopefully we get into them, ready to troll on downriggers and jig. We'll start trolling to cover some water and see where they are. If you see a LUND Mrpike16 on the water, that's me. I'll follow-up early next week. mrpike

Update: Friday and Saturday, we pulled 20 decent Kokanee. 14 inch type. Everyone was catching, nets moving on all boats. Hochie, shrimp, bright colors up top darker as you go deeper. Fish were rolling on the surface in the evening, we pulled some from 50'. Pop gear worked for other boats, we presented weddings ring behind dodgers.

Default Spring Creek Fire

The local forest fire makes fishing difficult due to the smoke over the water.