Hello all sorry about not posting for a while. The Loon kokanee are really fat this year.

Managed to take friend Mark out for some kokanee night fishing at Loon. Got a late start seems there was a broken ground wire in the boat trailer loom...too much fun to find! Got that fixed and left home an hour or so late. Didn't get the boat launched till 8:30 so had to set up in the dark...hate that. Sonared a bunch of fish at 45' so set the anchor and got started. No love..... a boat moved in behind us a little shallower and began catching fish right away. I don't know what possessed me to start out there anyway. I always fish 36' in August. Finally moved in to 36' and reset the anchors etc.

It wasn't long before the fish moved in and the sonar lit up. First fish was in the boat after a few misses to get the jitters out and the rhythm going to hook the little buggers. They are real bait thieves, one had ten kernels in it when cleaned!! All fish were caught one crank up off the bottom with a Swedish pimple and Mack's glow hooks charged up with a strobe. A real hoot to catch as they go crazy when hooked on lite tackle.

Managed to stick it out for the 2 day possession limit putting 40 in the boat. Most were in the 12" class and very fat this year. The bucks only had the slightest change for the impending spawn. What awesome warm night with moonlight to catch kokanee in.

Tight Lines Everybody - Alan
"The Experiment Must Continue" Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_1883.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	60.8 KB 
ID:	8776Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Loon Kokanee 8-16.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	26.2 KB 
ID:	8777