Thread: Lake Tahoe

Default Lake Tahoe

Anyone fishing lake tahoe for Kokanee, if so, how is the fishing. I will be heading up Friday for a month. So hopefully I can manage getting some fish on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
    Anyone fishing lake tahoe for Kokanee, if so, how is the fishing. I will be heading up Friday for a month. So hopefully I can manage getting some fish on the line.

Well day one not even a bite, surly did't see any boats fishing.

Day two caught to Lake Trout both were on the small side, Surly have not seen a lot of fish on the fish finder. The hunt is on.

Default Day 3

Well day one not even a bite, surly did't see any boats fishing.

Day two caught to Lake Trout both were on the small side, Surly have not seen a lot of fish on the fish finder. The hunt is on.
    Great day caught 3 kaokanee and two lake trout. We lost 3 more koakanee, had them to the boat but they got off. Fishing seems to be picking up some.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1339.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	129.8 KB 
ID:	8725   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1322.JPG 
Views:	142 
Size:	187.6 KB 
ID:	8726  

Might have been the full moon that slowed things down, should pick up now. Nice haul! RAY
    Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Default Went fishing

Well went out yesterday, not even a bite but today was interesting. While trolling for kokanee and lake trout my lake trout pole slam down hard. I set the hook and the line did't even move. I tried to reel but nothing, I thought I was on the bottom and then my line slowing started to come in. I knew I had a big fish. After a while the fish kept on fighting. It finally came to the surface. My hook was in bedded onto his side. Even though I thought I had at least a 12Lb on the end of my line but the fish was about 4lb. Well, I can say at least if felt like a big one. Still a nice fish, no kalanee but I did see one boat bring one in.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1369.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	131.3 KB 
ID:	8740

Default Day 4 and day 5

Well I fished leaf lake in my tube. I dropped a slip bobber down to 30 feet or so. 2 hours later bite on, I caught one 3 lb lake trout on night crawlers. Fun catch on the ultra lite pole. Well fished lake tahoe this morning and not even a bite. A little depressing when you hardly see any fish on the fish finder. I saw lots of boats but no one catching fish. I did see one fished reeled in and that was it. Fishing very slow.

Well I fished leaf lake in my tube. I dropped a slip bobber down to 30 feet or so. 2 hours later bite on, I caught one 3 lb lake trout on night crawlers. Fun catch on the ultra lite pole. Well fished lake tahoe this morning and not even a bite. A little depressing when you hardly see any fish on the fish finder. I saw lots of boats but no one catching fish. I did see one fished reeled in and that was it. Fishing very slow.

Well headed out this morning and did some trolling along the bank with some impalas and flat fish. Trolled for about 6 miles and not even a hit. Well we also did some lake trout fishing and kokanee fishing for several hours too and not even a bite. Fishing very slow now. Well we will be back at it tomorrow.

Default Fishing report

Well headed out this morning and did some trolling along the bank with some impalas and flat fish. Trolled for about 6 miles and not even a hit. Well we also did some lake trout fishing and kokanee fishing for several hours too and not even a bite. Fishing very slow now. Well we will be back at it tomorrow.
    Well after that long day of getting no bites, my friend caught a nice lake trout. After he left, I went out the next day and caught a lake trout, 1 kokanee and lost one other. Well I missed a day and went out this morning and caught a nice lake trout. Well when I went to pull in my stringer the fish was gone. My stringer broke at area where the fish was clipped. I probably would of found it but I gutted the fish and it was no where to be found. I was bummed. It probably sunk to the bottom of lake tahoe. Well tomorrow another day. I have not seen very many fish being caught. I saw several guide boats and no fish being pulled in. I trolled for about 5 hours and saw very little fish on the fish finder.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1420.JPG 
Views:	136 
Size:	192.3 KB 
ID:	8759Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1431.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	8760Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1389.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	114.7 KB 
ID:	8761

Default Kokanee

Well after that long day of getting no bites, my friend caught a nice lake trout. After he left, I went out the next day and caught a lake trout, 1 kokanee and lost one other. Well I missed a day and went out this morning and caught a nice lake trout. Well when I went to pull in my stringer the fish was gone. My stringer broke at area where the fish was clipped. I probably would of found it but I gutted the fish and it was no where to be found. I was bummed. It probably sunk to the bottom of lake tahoe. Well tomorrow another day. I have not seen very many fish being caught. I saw several guide boats and no fish being pulled in. I trolled for about 5 hours and saw very little fish on the fish finder.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1420.JPG 
Views:	136 
Size:	192.3 KB 
ID:	8759Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1431.jpg 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	8760Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1389.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	114.7 KB 
ID:	8761
    Well I brought my wife on the boat today and she brought me good luck. She caught one lake trout. After several hours I took her back to the house. I went out again and hadClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1441.JPG 
Size:	168.2 KB 
ID:	8762Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1440.JPG 
Views:	151 
Size:	87.8 KB 
ID:	8763 some good luck. I finally hooked up with some Kokanee. I caught 3. It got very windy and I finally had to come on in. There were lots of boats near the keys. This is where I caught the Kokanee. They were about 50 to 60 feet of water. I saw several guide boats catching the Kokanee. I was starting to wonder if I was ever going to hook up. Just before I was going to change my lure I had fish on. I was using a dogger and a Hoochie Lure. I caught fish on of both poles using the same lure. A great day, I will be hitting it tomorrow again.

Default Kokanee bite is on

Well I brought my wife on the boat today and she brought me good luck. She caught one lake trout. After several hours I took her back to the house. I went out again and hadClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1441.JPG 
Size:	168.2 KB 
ID:	8762Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1440.JPG 
Views:	151 
Size:	87.8 KB 
ID:	8763 some good luck. I finally hooked up with some Kokanee. I caught 3. It got very windy and I finally had to come on in. There were lots of boats near the keys. This is where I caught the Kokanee. They were about 50 to 60 feet of water. I saw several guide boats catching the Kokanee. I was starting to wonder if I was ever going to hook up. Just before I was going to change my lure I had fish on. I was using a dogger and a Hoochie Lure. I caught fish on of both poles using the same lure. A great day, I will be hitting it tomorrow again.
    Well headed out this morning. I dropped one line for lake trout and another line for Kokanee. 30 minutes one Kokanee on. So I switch the other rod to a Kokanee set up. 3 more fish with in 45 minutes. Well had fish number 5 on but lost it. Had another one on and lost it too. Well an hour later, I caught my last fished. I was done by 8:30. The Kokanee bite is on. If you are here in lake tahoe fishing you should catch fish. I fished this morning in front of camp Richardson near taylor creek. Lots of boats. Well there you have it,Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1450.JPG 
Views:	141 
Size:	188.2 KB 
ID:	8764 good luck.

A nice catch and a nice report Pappy! It sounds like to have them dialed in now, good luck. I'm off to Oregon in about 90 minutes for some koke and trout fishing. RAY
    Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Quote Originally Posted by sawhorseray View Post
    A nice catch and a nice report Pappy! It sounds like to have them dialed in now, good luck. I'm off to Oregon in about 90 minutes for some koke and trout fishing. RAY

Good Luck to you

A interesting day at the most. Well the day before I had my limit by 8:30 on the Kokanee. The bite was hot. So the next day I thought lets take my wife. I used the same set up as the day before. Fished like I always have. Saw many other boats landing fish. We did not get one bite. I used doggers, flashers, different Kokanee lures, I used corn with garlic, corn with salmon eggs, and some old corn with salmon eggs. We trolled for over 5 hours and not even a bite. Sometimes you just can't explain it. I guess I could blame it on the wife for bad luck. Any how, I guess that's fishing. Well heading to Reno for the day and I will hit it again on Wed. Last week here at Tahoe.

A interesting day at the most. Well the day before I had my limit by 8:30 on the Kokanee. The bite was hot. So the next day I thought lets take my wife. I used the same set up as the day before. Fished like I always have. Saw many other boats landing fish. We did not get one bite. I used doggers, flashers, different Kokanee lures, I used corn with garlic, corn with salmon eggs, and some old corn with salmon eggs. We trolled for over 5 hours and not even a bite. Sometimes you just can't explain it. I guess I could blame it on the wife for bad luck. Any how, I guess that's fishing. Well heading to Reno for the day and I will hit it again on Wed. Last week here at Tahoe.

Well another day, headed out this morning. Trolled for lake trout and Kokanee. No lake trout, but around 10:00 I caught one Kokanee. I had two more hit within an hour. Well I fished for another 2 hours and no bites. I did miss two other fish. While I was at Reno I bought some Shrimp Creole scent. Well last night I soaked some corn with it and it worked this morning. I caught all 3 fish with it. And all fish came off the one rod. I used a yellow green dogger with some black dots on it and a pink hoochie lure. That one rod just seems to catch all the fish. Well that isClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1465.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	205.8 KB 
ID:	8766 the update for today. I will be back at it tomorrow.

Well another day, headed out this morning. Trolled for lake trout and Kokanee. No lake trout, but around 10:00 I caught one Kokanee. I had two more hit within an hour. Well I fished for another 2 hours and no bites. I did miss two other fish. While I was at Reno I bought some Shrimp Creole scent. Well last night I soaked some corn with it and it worked this morning. I caught all 3 fish with it. And all fish came off the one rod. I used a yellow green dogger with some black dots on it and a pink hoochie lure. That one rod just seems to catch all the fish. Well that isClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1465.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	205.8 KB 
ID:	8766 the update for today. I will be back at it tomorrow.

Well today was a good day, Caught my limit of Kokanee. A little slow on the bite but had to get a little creative. I caught two with in an hour, the other 3 took some time. I thought, lets try the garlic flavor corn. I ended up catching two more for my limit. I used a flasher and a pink Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1469.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	202.5 KB 
ID:	8768hoochie lure to catch the last two and a dogger with a hoochie lure to catch the other 3. I had seen lots of fished schooled up but they just did not want to seem to bite. I tried several other lures and different flasher and bait. The bite was just slow but steady. Well tomorrow is my last day fishing tahoe. Taking the wife tomorrow. Well lets see what happens. Last time when she was on the boat no fish.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1450.JPG 
Views:	115 
Size:	188.2 KB 
ID:	8767  
    Last edited by Pappy; 08-11-2016 at 06:35 PM.

That's still a very good catch! Nice pictures by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by CARiD View Post
    That's still a very good catch! Nice pictures by the way.
    Thanks,

Well to day I brought the wife. She brought good luck with her. She caught her limit by 07:30. She caught the fish off of the same set up I used the day before. We used minced garlic mixed with corn and Shrimp Kreole scent with mixed corn. Fish were caught at 70 to 80 feet with the down riggers. We were fishing just outside the tahoe keys. The bite was quick except for the last fish. What a great day to end the fishing trip. Well, I hope this post will help some people looking to fish at lake tahoe. I think the fishing is going to get better every day. I saw a lotsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1488.JPG 
Views:	143 
Size:	134.2 KB 
ID:	8769 of fish on the fish finder. Looks like there starting to stage for the spawn. Well good luck.

Thanks for the reports!
    Great pictures!
    I use fresh chopped garlic in my corn and it makes a difference.
    Good fishing!