Thread: Strange thing to see at the gorge

Default Strange thing to see at the gorge

My friend and I were on the gorge 7/8/16 and I seen one one the strangest site that I have ever seen. I have been fishing the gorge since the early 8o's and have never seen a antelope swim across the lake before.At first i thought it was a pelican feeding on a floater.But it was moving so got out the binocs and sure enough a small buck antelope was swimming across the lake. Looke like he was headed towards squaw hollow boat ramp. I managed to snap a couple quick pics,then we lost sight of him.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	46.3 KB 
ID:	8694   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	002.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	57.9 KB 
ID:	8695  
    "Chance Favors A Prepared Mind"

About 4 years ago I was camped north of Anvil Draw. One afternoon a doe antelope and 2 fawns were walking near one of the inlets in that area. Suddenly the doe took off and started swimming. The fawns thought it over for several seconds, maybe a minute and started swimming also following mama across the inlet which at that part probably measured 75-100 yards or so.

I had heard of antelope swimming but that is my first and only time to witness it.

Regards, Keith

Default Goats

I was up there on the 8th and as I was going thru the short cut towards sheep creek a nanny Big horn sheep swam across infront of us to the other side.

Thanks for sharing that would have been fun to see!
    The Experiment Requires That You Continue!

Good shots Tim. Ive seen them playing in the water near BB before, but not like this. Way cool, thanks for sharing.
    Team:Rocky Mountain Tackle, Radical Glow, Fresh water basics, Velocity fishing.